• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barkley To The Giants

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay said "it feels inevitable" that the Giants will use the No. 2 overall pick on Penn State RB Saquon Barkley.

Giants beat writers have been suggesting for weeks now that the team is leaning away from a quarterback at No. 2, and that would leave Barkley, EDGE Bradley Chubb, and OL Quenton Nelson as the cream of the crop among non-passers. "I've heard very strongly that there are important people in the building who believe in Barkley and being a physical, run-first team," McShay said Wednesday. "Barkley can be the face of the team for the next 10 years." The Giants seem to be all-in on going for it again with a clearly-in-decline 37-year-old Eli Manning.
Source: Tom Rock on Twitter
Apr 18 - 10:48 AM

Exactly why Vea has to be the pick

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the browns should pick barkley if they were smart

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the browns should pick barkley if they were smart

Oh I agree 100 percent if they were smart but this is going around

Saquon Barkley's agents don't want him in CLE

According to Sports Illustrated's Ben Baskin, Penn State RB Saquon Barkley's agents don't want him to be picked by the Browns.

Barkley is represented by Roc Nation, which is headquartered in New York City, and the firm prefers Barkley is picked No. 2 by the Giants, landing the star running back smack-dab in the media capital of the world. According to Baskin, Barkley's agents have gone as far to advise Barkley to refuse to play in Cleveland, but Barkley "never considered" those demands. He's said he's willing to play wherever, including Cleveland. The Browns are an extreme long shot to take Barkley No. 1, but if he slips past the Giants at No. 2, there's a chance Cleveland would snag him at No. 4.
Source: Sports Illustrated
Apr 18 - 11:27 AM

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would take barkley then swing around and get whomever is left between darnold , rosen or allen . the browns are quietly building a good team

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean a QB :D

If the Browns were smart, they take Barkley #1, and a QB at #4

But they are the Browns.... the one team that makes Bruce Allen NOT the dumbest fucktard on the planet. :D

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they are the Browns.... the one team that makes Bruce Allen NOT the dumbest fucktard on the planet. :D

If the browns and giants are smart they both stay the hell away from him at 1 and 2 (and 4 but that's not as bad).

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the browns and giants are smart they both stay the hell away from him at 1 and 2 (and 4 but that's not as bad).

Sorry dude... maybe its just that Im old. But I tend to think that a QB best friends are

1. A stud RB
2. A Defense worth a fuck

Now considering we havent had either around DC the past 3 years at RB, and fuck 7 years for the defense.... The Browns taking Barkley and having some one that scares defenses would be good for what ever QB they go with.

Add in that I think Bruce is going to traci Lords the draft (butt screw it with no lube) and take a WR, or some other sexy pick... I fully admit I DONT want to see Barkley in NY.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly I doubt they will because of the depth at RB in this draft sure Barkley is clearly the best but getting the QB you want that is in theory a franchise QB and the best in the draft then a player like Chubb or Ward to help your defense and Guice, Michel or Jones in the 2nd or trading back into the first is probably just as good as a QB, Barkley and trading back up for defense help or taking one early in the 2nd.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I doubt they will because of the depth at RB in this draft sure Barkley is clearly the best but getting the QB you want that is in theory a franchise QB and the best in the draft then a player like Chubb or Ward to help your defense and Guice, Michel or Jones in the 2nd or trading back into the first is probably just as good as a QB, Barkley and trading back up for defense help or taking one early in the 2nd.

Oh no doubt, I expect the Browns to take a QB at 1 and roll the dice on what will be there at #4.

I expect the Giants to then take Barkley at #2, knowing that two of the three division teams they play have no run defense.

And Finally I expect Bruce to draft either Ridley to try and prop up the Smith trade, or if he is there, Fitzpatrick because it will sell Jerseys and is much more exciting than taking another D-lineman in the first round.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf in a another thread all you guys where saying drafting a RB in the first round is stupid .. Skins should draft Guice at 13th. You guys have no credit

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would generally agree w/ you, but they are now being run by the ex-Chiefs GM who has a good reputation. He might still screw it up, but I think that they also have a chance to really improve w/ this guy running the show.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt, I expect the Browns to take a QB at 1 and roll the dice on what will be there at #4.

I expect the Giants to then take Barkley at #2, knowing that two of the three division teams they play have no run defense.

And Finally I expect Bruce to draft either Ridley to try and prop up the Smith trade, or if he is there, Fitzpatrick because it will sell Jerseys and is much more exciting than taking another D-lineman in the first round.

Well - if that occurs then the Browns will still be in great shape. If they do as you mention then they could select Bradley Chubb & that is hardly a losing situation. That could be a blessing in disguise.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here is one of McShay's later mock drafts last year. He was close on some & way off on others so I would hardly treat whatever he states as gospel.

1. Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
2. San Francisco 49ers: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
3. Chicago Bears: Jamal Adams, S, LSU
4. Jacksonville Jaguars, OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
5. Tennessee Titans: Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama
6. New York Jets: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
7. Los Angeles Chargers: Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
8. Carolina Panthers: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
9. Cincinnati Bengals: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
10. Buffalo Bills: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Barkley thing is reminiscent of the 1981 draft when George Rogers was selected # 1 overall & had a decent career (including time w/ the Redskins). With the next pick the Giants selected a guy named Lawrence Taylor. Hmm? Who came out on top on that one? The same could eventually happen here.

BTW - that was perhaps the best rookie class ever for the Skins. In that draft they selected Mark May, Grimm, Manley, Daryl Grant & Didier & picked up a FA OT named Joe Jacoby.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude... maybe its just that Im old. But I tend to think that a QB best friends are

1. A stud RB
2. A Defense worth a fuck

Now considering we havent had either around DC the past 3 years at RB, and fuck 7 years for the defense.... The Browns taking Barkley and having some one that scares defenses would be good for what ever QB they go with.

Add in that I think Bruce is going to traci Lords the draft (butt screw it with no lube) and take a WR, or some other sexy pick... I fully admit I DONT want to see Barkley in NY.

I'm sure Barkley would be a huge help for a rookie QB. And if you want to make the argument that he's worth the #4 pick because of that I'd originally disagree but not think it's crazy. Barkley is at least more worthy of a top 5 pick than Zeke and fournette. But at 1 is crazy. The browns need a franchise qb. They have their choice of them. Take the QB! I'd rather have a shot at a franchise qb than a guarantee of a franchise rb (and Barkley isn't a guarantee). At 4 they could still get a player that helps the qb by improving the defense or Oline. And aside from hue Jackson being a disaster they actually have a good situation for a young qb. Can sit behind a vet for a bit, and has a good enough OL, 2 solid veteran RBs, a good group of WRs, and a young freak TE.

The giants meanwhile... if they turn down multiple 1st round picks to take a RB. Or don't grab an eli replacement... yikes. That said I still don't want them to take him cuz screw them I don't wanna see him play for them lol.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Barkley would be a huge help for a rookie QB. And if you want to make the argument that he's worth the #4 pick because of that I'd originally disagree but not think it's crazy. Barkley is at least more worthy of a top 5 pick than Zeke and fournette. But at 1 is crazy. The browns need a franchise qb. They have their choice of them. Take the QB! I'd rather have a shot at a franchise qb than a guarantee of a franchise rb (and Barkley isn't a guarantee). At 4 they could still get a player that helps the qb by improving the defense or Oline. And aside from hue Jackson being a disaster they actually have a good situation for a young qb. Can sit behind a vet for a bit, and has a good enough OL, 2 solid veteran RBs, a good group of WRs, and a young freak TE.

The giants meanwhile... if they turn down multiple 1st round picks to take a RB. Or don't grab an eli replacement... yikes. That said I still don't want them to take him cuz screw them I don't wanna see him play for them lol.

Yep & again if Bradley Chubb is the consolation prize - well that ain't too bad!