• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barbosa's 3-point shooting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if many of you remember the argument that I was involved in near the beginning or earlier part of the year. A few people were contending that Barbosa should not be shooting 3 pointers because at the time he was shooting 25% (or so) from 3 point range. I had a pretty good idea that he'd always been a decent shooter in general, so I looked up what his 3-pt % was over the course of her career. It was 38.9%, so I argued that he should take open threes, and that during seasons where he played a decent number of games that he was very consistent with his 3-pt %.

Long story short, he's now shooting 39% for the year. I think it's especially beneficial to Barbosa that he's on the same team with some other good 3-pt shooters. The defenses can't cover every 3-pt shooter, so that leaves someone wide open for an open three, and Barbosa, Green, Barnes and AI9 have been the beneficiaries of the Warriors wide open style of offense.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remembered this and I was with you in believing Barbosa would turn it around. Good to see him have success again on the outside shot.

Now if only we could get him to play a little D...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember that you were with me then about his 3-pt shooting.