• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Back Over .500?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think the M's will be over .500 after this series with the Astros? Felix, Kuma and Maurer going...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly possible. The game on Sunday, when McHugh pitches for Houston, could be tough, though. He has been very good in his first two starts, including the one against the M's.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game at a time, man. The Astros might suck, but they have the Mariners number for whatever reason. I think we are 9-12 against them since they joined the AL West.

I have a different question. If someone told you we would be 12-14 after the first 26 games, would you be okay with that, in panic mode, or be pleased? My answer - I think I wqould be okay with it. 12-14 with 136 games left is not a bad position to be in, all things considered.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok with it. .500 ball is positive step for this club. for your question, did we have knowledge of the rotation injuries, or just the ones prior to season?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok with it. .500 ball is positive step for this club. for your question, did we have knowledge of the rotation injuries, or just the ones prior to season?

Only the injures prior to the season start.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be a real accomplishment for this heap of garbage to be at or above .500 for any significant duration.

the next 5+ game losing streak is right around the corner.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering this team has been missing 60% of its projected rotation, endured an 8 game losing streak and gotten inconsistent lineup production (nothing out of the top 2 in the lineup) I think being 2 games under .500 at this point is actually an accomplishment. You would think things should get better in the next month pitching wise and hopefully at least 1 or 2 guys in the lineup figure it out.

I really am not a fan of looking past Houston ever. It happens almost before every series with them and never works out. I think Sat and Sun are toss ups with Kuma's first start and Maurer out there. Also Felix hasn't been himself the last few starts so hopefully he bounces back tonight. Even taking 2 of 3 and being only 1 game under is a decent start in my book considering the above.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering this team has been missing 60% of its projected rotation, endured an 8 game losing streak and gotten inconsistent lineup production (nothing out of the top 2 in the lineup) I think being 2 games under .500 at this point is actually an accomplishment. You would think things should get better in the next month pitching wise and hopefully at least 1 or 2 guys in the lineup figure it out.

I really am not a fan of looking past Houston ever. It happens almost before every series with them and never works out. I think Sat and Sun are toss ups with Kuma's first start and Maurer out there. Also Felix hasn't been himself the last few starts so hopefully he bounces back tonight. Even taking 2 of 3 and being only 1 game under is a decent start in my book considering the above.

all the great pitching in the world can't make up for bottom 3 offensive performance in the AL across the board (OPS, OBP, SLG, AVG, RBI, Total Bases, Hits, Runs).

i wish nothing but the best for felix and kuma, and hope they get to real teams someday. i'm really worried that the incompetent m's training staff will ruin some of the younger arms because i'd like to see them do well eventually somewhere as well.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game at a time, man. The Astros might suck, but they have the Mariners number for whatever reason. I think we are 9-12 against them since they joined the AL West.

I have a different question. If someone told you we would be 12-14 after the first 26 games, would you be okay with that, in panic mode, or be pleased? My answer - I think I wqould be okay with it. 12-14 with 136 games left is not a bad position to be in, all things considered.

If they told you none of the details and just said that the M's would be 12-14 after 26 games, I think a lot of people would be okay with that depending on their expectations. They probably wouldn't imagine an 8-game losing streak in the middle of that or that five of those losses came against Miami and Houston, but I don't think anybody could have predicted that.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the great pitching in the world can't make up for bottom 3 offensive performance in the AL across the board (OPS, OBP, SLG, AVG, RBI, Total Bases, Hits, Runs).
QUOTE]
Agree 100% with that. My hope is that since no one outside maybe Zunino exceeded or met expectations in April offensively that at least 1 or 2 two other guys can get going. Seagar looks to be maybe turning the corner so that's a good start. The top two spots in front of Cano have been non existent with Almonte and Miller. Hopefully there will be slight improvement there.