• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Kevin Warren is no Jim Delany

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Buckeye Insider Jeff SNook

There is a tweet from Bunch of Nuts Podcast on how there was NEVER an official vote to postpone season.

Kevin Warren just wanted to postpone it. Looks like Kevin Warren needs to be fired in my opinion.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren has some explaining to do

According to Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports, Penn State athletic director Sandy Barbour questioned whether any sort of vote on the whole sordid deal took place. And it’s not just her. Minnesota president Joan Gabel also made comments alluding to the absence of any real vote.

…...

All of this is occurring while Warren’s son practices and prepares for a fall season on a Mississippi State team that’s planning on playing games in the SEC. That’s right. It’s not safe for Big Ten players to play a season, but the commissioner’s son can suit up and keep grinding away.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ten parents organizing peaceful protest at league office

Peaceful Protest at B1G HQ in Park Ridge, aka Chicago.

Big Ten football parents will gather Friday outside the conference’s Rosemont headquarters in a ‘peaceful show of force’: ‘Mask up and be respectful’

Parents of players at Ohio State, Iowa, Penn State, Nebraska are miffed that the Big Ten pulled the plug without a concrete explanation from Commissioner Kevin Warren. And they’re frustrated by the league’s lack of transparency — was there even a vote? — and Warren’s continued silence.

I need to add, all these out of state people are on the Chicago Covid19 banned list.

Emergency Travel Order

Chicago To Hunt Down Tourists Violating Covid-19 Quarantine Via Social Media

Last edited:

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CnP'd...

Just got an alert on my phone that said Warren said the B1Gs decision is final.

Just fire this guy already. Its all political since the B1G happens to have a bunch of swing states for the election, this is nonsense. The B1G conference isn't even liable should an athlete contract the virus, the University could be. Nevermind having the players waive their ability to sue the University should they contract it being a possibility. As far as I am concerned, this isn't a conference decision at all, this is on the Universities. Don't forget that Warren technically has a vested interest in his son who plays in the SEC... less viewers watching something else means more viewers watching his son (essentially). None of this makes sense to me.

Rant continued: Also... fuck Texas. Why can't they be a team player instead of having to try and run everything and have it all their way, they are the reason everyone left in the first place. I would LOVE for Nebraska to return to the Big12 even if Texas was there as long as some conditions were met. Being perfectly honest, IIRC Texas makes the most money of any school (including Notre Dame) and should be able to operate independently. They should sign with NBC too (or another network) if that is such a big deal and make up the difference there from what they would be getting from the Big12. They could still schedule OU and whoever. Just ranting that we are even in this position.... B1G has shit for "leadership" and the Big 12 has a bitch in Texas in the conference and we (NU, CU, MU, A&M) would all still be there if it wasn't for Texas.

Idk again... just ranting from frustration. But seriously, fire Kevin Warrens ass today and let the Universities decide what they want to do.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not over.

Publicly, the schools are saying one thing. They want Warren to be kept in the dark as much as possible.

Ohio State is STILL working it, OSU took the lead, no matter what you are hearing or reading. Nebraska did not have the B1G clout, but Ohio State does. Warren could threaten to boot out OSU, but he knows that will just cause him to be fired, which I bet he is OK with.

If Ohio State can convince Michigan and Wisconsin to join with Penn State, Nebraska, and Iowa, it would be a 10 game B1G(sort of schedule), where it is a home and home against the other five teams.

Nebraska is fine with the travel. Iowa is fine with the travel. Penn State is fine with the travel. Word is so are Wisconsin and Michigan.

The biggest trick, can Michigan do it without Michigan State? If the Michigan State Board of Trustees gave their approval it could work. Doubt that happens. Then, what would the Politicians of Michigan do?

Illinois and Northwestern are out. Pritzker is meddling politically. He will ban ANY one from out of state and make them quarantine for 14 days. The six do not want any part of Pritzker.

Indiana and Purdue are possibles.

Minnesota seems to be out.

Rutgers and Maryland do not have clout or name recognition or fan support.

it ain't over yet.

The key is University of Michigan. If you see Michigan people at a press conference with Kevin Warren saying Michigan agrees with Kevin Warren, then it is over.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not over.

Publicly, the schools are saying one thing. They want Warren to be kept in the dark as much as possible.

Ohio State is STILL working it, OSU took the lead, no matter what you are hearing or reading. Nebraska did not have the B1G clout, but Ohio State does. Warren could threaten to boot out OSU, but he knows that will just cause him to be fired, which I bet he is OK with.

If Ohio State can convince Michigan and Wisconsin to join with Penn State, Nebraska, and Iowa, it would be a 10 game B1G(sort of schedule), where it is a home and home against the other five teams.

Nebraska is fine with the travel. Iowa is fine with the travel. Penn State is fine with the travel. Word is so are Wisconsin and Michigan.

The biggest trick, can Michigan do it without Michigan State? If the Michigan State Board of Trustees gave their approval it could work. Doubt that happens. Then, what would the Politicians of Michigan do?

Illinois and Northwestern are out. Pritzker is meddling politically. He will ban ANY one from out of state and make them quarantine for 14 days. The six do not want any part of Pritzker.

Indiana and Purdue are possibles.

Minnesota seems to be out.

Rutgers and Maryland do not have clout or name recognition or fan support.

it ain't over yet.

The key is University of Michigan. If you see Michigan people at a press conference with Kevin Warren saying Michigan agrees with Kevin Warren, then it is over.

I think if somehow Michigan and Wisconsin both get clear to play, Minnesota might change their mind in a hurry. Minnesota arguably has the best healthcare system in the country and they'll be cautious, but if the big brains at Mayo start telling them it's okay to play, I could envision them changing their tune.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory is that he is an SEC plant to destroy the B1G.

Nah, he's an NFL guy. He's both an MBA and a lawyer. His background is almost certainly heavy in risk and liability.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parents of Husker football players demand clarity from Big Ten, threaten to sue - KLKN-TV

In the letter, the parents are asking for five things:

1. The results of the vote conducted by the Big Ten Council of Presidents and Chancellors, which was held last Tuesday.
  2. The meeting’s minutes regarding that vote.
  3. All audio, video recordings and transcripts at meetings where any vote was held.
  4. All conference bylaws or rules and regulations governing the decision-making process.
  5. All assessments, memorandums, studies, scientific date and any other medical information considered by the Council while making this decision.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk from the B1G schools. Waste of time, the B1G knows they have control and the schools begging to play are just talk.

When instead, Ohio State should call up Penn State and say, let's play September 19 at our place. Then Nebraska calls up Iowa and says, let's play September 19 at our place. Then Michigan calls up Iowa and says we will come to your place on September 26.

What is the B1G going to do? Serious question. If these power teams within that conference decide to play, what can the conference do? The B1G ain't kicking out Ohio state and Michigan.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If players want to play and coaches want to coach, let them. If they want to sit out, let them and honor their scholarship. It's pretty damn simple.

If I don't want to go outside because I am scare of contracting a virus, I stay inside and do my shopping online. If I want to go out and do whatever, I go out and do whatever.

It's a choice. Let it be a choice.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon and Oregon state should just play. After that call up Chip Kelly and say "Hey coach want to come back to Autzen and play a game?"

Seriously, play the game and just keep playing on. What are they going to do?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought masks worked. Why the hell are we wearing these muzzles if we can't do anything but continue to go into Home Depot?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the witch hunt, but even if Warren wasn't there, whomever was the commish would have pushed the same verdict as Warren. I'm in the line of thinking that Warren is going to get a raise in pay like Goodell did to be the whipping face of the league/conference.