• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G 10 hypocrisy

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry... Just found other things to do, and saving money

Unless you are a season ticket holder, is it really that much money saved? An even then some athletic departments may be expecting some to just count it as a donation.

I don’t mind hiding behind the facade of player safety. But JFC, death rates are all but non existent for people in the players age group. For most, these players are testing positive and nothing is happening. Do we really need to shut the whole college football world down for this?

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey.. not trying to defend Warren, but the decision to shut down the fall season really isn't on him.. That's on the presidents.. which includes the tosu, psu, um, wi, etc.. His hands were tied.
He was very outspoken about pro shutdown before he ever met with the presidents.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are a season ticket holder, is it really that much money saved? An even then some athletic departments may be expecting some to just count it as a donation.

I don’t mind hiding behind the facade of player safety. But JFC, death rates are all but non existent for people in the players age group. For most, these players are testing positive and nothing is happening. Do we really need to shut the whole college football world down for this?
IMO, they panicked. I think the thought was things were going to get worse, but when they got better, they didn't know what to do and just cancelled and stated some bullshit about player security that's entirely baseless. It's an astonishing embarrassment and I wouldn't be upset if it means OSU leaving the B1G for good.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, they panicked. I think the thought was things were going to get worse, but when they got better, they didn't know what to do and just cancelled and stated some bullshit about player security that's entirely baseless. It's an astonishing embarrassment and I wouldn't be upset if it means OSU leaving the B1G for good.
Dude it’s going to kill recruiting. Why would anybody wanna play for this conference when this could happen again and no guarantee they’ll even be a season next year?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's obviously liability fear. Whatever...

Money saved is really just me not going it and spending $100 every Saturday at the bars.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt they panicked. In the end they may be right as classes resume and 1,000’s of kids are on campus. But I agree they should have waited until the very possible last moment.

Any chance you see the B1G and it’s presidents backtracking?

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State in the Big Xii would be awesome. The Buckeyes can bring whomever they want with them to fill out the Dirty Dozen!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude it’s going to kill recruiting. Why would anybody wanna play for this conference when this could happen again and no guarantee they’ll even be a season next year?
There will be a season next year. It's just a matter of who OSU is going to be playing. They can basically choose which conference they want to play for, and if the rest of the feckless B1G presidents that voted no on this season don't get their shit together, they're going to destroy their own programs.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obviously liability fear. Whatever...

Money saved is really just me not going it and spending $100 every Saturday at the bars.

I get that liability fear to a point. But it was awful early to call the season because of that.

Bars are still open as I’ve seen. Boss is from Ashland and is visiting home this weekend. You lucky sons a bitches can drink at the bar in Ohio right now.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the recruiting claim is overblown.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they panicked. In the end they may be right as classes resume and 1,000’s of kids are on campus. But I agree they should have waited until the very possible last moment.

Any chance you see the B1G and it’s presidents backtracking?
It wouldn't be shocking if the ACC/SEC/Big 12 don't cancel as things get closer and closer. It's becoming apparent that any conferences cancelling were stupid to do so, just as it was stupid to change schedules to 10 games and get rid of OOC games. None of this is based in any kind of science, it's just chickenshit dumbasses panicking all around.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that liability fear to a point. But it was awful early to call the season because of that.

Bars are still open as I’ve seen. Boss is from Ashland and is visiting home this weekend. You lucky sons a bitches can drink at the bar in Ohio right now.
Yeah, we're open till 10:00 now. With no OSU season, I might go to a bar and have a couple drinks.

But I'm not going out, and buying 20.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be shocking if the ACC/SEC/Big 12 don't cancel as things get closer and closer. It's becoming apparent that any conferences cancelling were stupid to do so, just as it was stupid to change schedules to 10 games and get rid of OOC games. None of this is based in any kind of science, it's just chickenshit dumbasses panicking all around.
They cancelled MLB games, and that was professional, paid athletes. They aren't going to cancel CFB games with positive tests?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They cancelled MLB games, and that was professional, paid athletes. They aren't going to cancel CFB games with positive tests?
And that was equally stupid. Cancelling games in any sport is baseless and ignorant.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liability for what, though? No way a case can be won when there isn't a way to prove when and where a virus is contracted. Do we sue over catching flu like often happens any other year during football?

And these players are not required to pLay anyway, they can always decide to not play football.

You get what I am saying and it makes sense, unlike the knee jerk reaction to not play. I just think something else is the root cause but Covid is the scapegoat because it is a convenient scapegoat.

And players milling about in the general population are now more susceptible to getting it (they were going to get it eventually, anyway) as opposed to a strict and ridged daily routine for players. These presidents are morons.

See OU.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of my friends is a huge OSU fan and he basically said the same thing. I would be curious where they would end up? I told him being independent would probably be the way to go. The B1G needs OSU more than OSU needs the B1G. If OSU is willing to take a little bit of a hit financially in terms of TV revenue, it's definitely possible. I told my friend that a network like NBC could throw 30-35 mil/yr for OSU home games, which would definitely enhance NBC's football coverage. You might be able to guarantee an NBC game every week, and when both play at home the same day, ND starts at 3:30, OSU starts at 7:30/8:00.

And that 30-35 mil/yr might even be low honestly. ND's revenue isn't public knowledge, but it's believed to be around 15-20, and I think that was last signed in 2013, and runs through 2026. I don't think it's far fetched for OSU to get double of what ND signed off on in 2014.