• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Atlanta @Dallas

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand why no attempt to blitz Ryan.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else it's a good time to play a struggling Saints team. But they are playing at home and could look like their old selves in a heart beat.

And what is Hardy been doing all this time? ...has he been allowed to practice with the team during these games?
I'm hoping right now he's running up the side of a mountain pulling a 100 pound truck tire.

A pass rush will be the only hope of beating Brady the following week.

Hardy is not allowed around the team facilities, but McClain is.....

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a total team melt down. Not just the defense, not just the offense and yes the coaching staff should take some blame as well. Up 21 to 7 with 5 minutes left, why roll Weeden out to the left? The running game was working so well at this point so why roll a right handed QB to the left on first down? Run the damn ball. Then with time running out and your about to score why take your timeouts so quickly? Run some clock, they haven't stopped the running game at all to this point. Giving Ryan 40 seconds with 3 timeouts is like a lifetime. 10 damn points Dallas gave them right there. Now I understand if something is working you tend to leave it be, but at what point do you decide its not working anymore? 3, 4 or five 3 and outs? When Atlanta stacked the box to stop the run, not one deep ball was thrown. In fact Weeden never attempted a single pass of 20 yards. Why? Even if you do not complete it, it shows the defense that you will go deep if the stack the box. Oh and why didn't they double team Julio Jones? HE was running around on one leg and still lite up the defense. Yeah IMO it was a total team melt down, from the offense to the defense on down to the coaching staff. We let Atlanta off the hook.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a total team melt down. Not just the defense, not just the offense and yes the coaching staff should take some blame as well. Up 21 to 7 with 5 minutes left, why roll Weeden out to the left? The running game was working so well at this point so why roll a right handed QB to the left on first down? Run the damn ball. Then with time running out and your about to score why take your timeouts so quickly? Run some clock, they haven't stopped the running game at all to this point. Giving Ryan 40 seconds with 3 timeouts is like a lifetime. 10 damn points Dallas gave them right there. Now I understand if something is working you tend to leave it be, but at what point do you decide its not working anymore? 3, 4 or five 3 and outs? When Atlanta stacked the box to stop the run, not one deep ball was thrown. In fact Weeden never attempted a single pass of 20 yards. Why? Even if you do not complete it, it shows the defense that you will go deep if the stack the box. Oh and why didn't they double team Julio Jones? HE was running around on one leg and still lite up the defense. Yeah IMO it was a total team melt down, from the offense to the defense on down to the coaching staff. We let Atlanta off the hook.
Good post.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is good news if McClain is around. I worried this guy would do nothing for 4 weeks if asked to work on his own
McClain and Hardy will make this defense look totally different in a couple if weeks, and Gregory after that. Even after the meltdown yesterday, the Cowboys braintrust(SJones/McClay) deserve a ton of credit for raising the teams talent level. They went from the worst OL in the game to the best, and from statistically the worst D in NFL history to a team with several talented pieces. Lee, Crawford, Hitchens, Lawrence, Hardy, Gregory, Jones.....hopefully they have a few more drafts like the last 3-4

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. The only offense I see on our schedule that is more dangerous is the Pats.

Editor's note: A previous version of this post erroneously left out the Green bay Packers.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we help and it needs to arrive quick
Linehan needs to pull his head out and go deep once in awhile to keep the defense honest
On defense damn the second half I thought I was watching a high school team defend the Falcons that was pathetic
Hopoinf for better results vs the saints on sunday

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linehan needs to pull his head out and go deep once in awhile to keep the defense honest
On defense damn the second half I thought I was watching a high school team defend the Falcons that was pathetic

Obviously we all agree on the D last week, but let's not forget: Julio is kind of uncoverable. His size/speed combo is insane. He is like Dez with more speed. I would have bumped him more and kept a safety over the top all game, but who knows. I will also say that one TD where he crossed the field behind the LOS is almost impossible to cover if you are in man. He runs clean, but Carr has to go through traffic.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This has been going on for quite some time with Romo at the helm.
But I think it's questionable that you address it now with Weeden. Do you really want Weeden's eyes looking far down field waiting for a play to develop?

I think what is most important with Weeded is to keep him in game manager mode. Give him a downside management game plan. We did not need him to throw a TD pass to win that game on Sunday. We needed him to not throw the Int to win that game on Sunday.