• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Astros front office hacked(lots of pirate stuff)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt know where to put this, so i made a new thread.

Leaked: 10 Months Of The Houston Astros' Internal Trade Talks

From their internal datbase:
6/30/2013
PIT reached out to [Luhnow] and expressed interest in Norris.

7/21/2013
PIT said the wouldn't trade Taillion or Polanco. Might consider one of Glasnow, Heredia, or Hanson for Norris.

7/24/2013
PIT asked for second names to go along with Glasnow, Heredia, Hanson for Norris

7/25/2013
[Pirates GM Neil Huntington] said he would not include Polanco in any Norris deal. [Luhnow] asked for Glasnow + Heredia or Glasnow + Kingham and NH said no. NH said he was willing to add to Heredia. NH said he would also consider adding to Heredia with pick 73. JL said that Glasnow had to be the headliner and we were looking for.

7/28/2013
[Neil Huntington] offered Heredia + comp pick for Norris. [Luhnow] said no.

We have all seen rumors and leaks to papers, but a front office hack is a first for me anyway, so I found it interesting. Glad we didnt trade for Norris.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is just another thing that brings on the heartburn.

Neil seemed to be more persistent about pursuing Norris than anyone (why?)
Neil seemed to be considering giving up better players than other teams.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting NH would be countering with Heredia, which seemed like one of the few actual offers they got for Norris.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is just another thing that brings on the heartburn.

Neil seemed to be more persistent about pursuing Norris than anyone (why?)
Neil seemed to be considering giving up better players than other teams.

Why do you say that NH was more persistent about Norris? Seems to me that if he was this persistent about a guy he didn't get, a reasonable person could infer that he was more persistent for the players he did acquire.

What this does tell me is that other teams in major league baseball don't view Luis Heredia as much of a prospect if the Astros took a "lesser return" than what we offered.......which is actually what I have been saying about Heredia. I just don't think there is much there, he is beginning to look more and more like another Zack Von Rosenberg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought it would be obvious that the pitchers i was more concerned about were glasnow and kingham. Not heredia. I didn't mention heredia. I don't even know why you assumed that i was talking about heredia.
When NH says taillon and polanco are off limits he implies that everyone else is potentially available. That is what disturbs me. I am disturbed that he was willing to consider dealing either of those two for Norris.

And come to think of it i'm also disturbed that you started talking about heredia. The issue is not Heredia's future. The issue is the GMs competency.
But if you really think about it - a Heredia failure is also black mark against Huntington. He paid a decent amount of money for the rights to Heredia.