• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ASK IRA: Is it time gloom gives way to Heat hope?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo to make it more fun, you should post Ira response to the thread question.

A: A shot at what? At a championship? At a return to the NBA Finals? At a competitive season? At compelling basketball on most nights? Look, this is where, for all he has accomplished as a coach and executive, I blame Pat Riley for his trite winning-or-misery perspective. If a championship is the only acceptable result, I suggest taking in a movie on game nights. One team wins a championship, so the other 29 don't have "a shot"? Yes, the NBA is as predictable as any league when it comes to forecasting the last teams standing, and it hardly was prophetic to predict the Heat, Pacers, Spurs and Thunder as last season's final four. But I would go the other way when it comes to a feeling of doom. Plenty of other teams would cash out after losing a player like LeBron James. The Heat instead circled back to Luol Deng and then went out and spent as much as any team this offseason. What the Heat have "a shot" with this coming season is being competitive in every regular-season game and being a tough out in the playoffs. There are worse ways to spend at least six months of your time.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try. Seems so much easier to post the link - His answers are great to the stupid questions our clown fan base