• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A's sign Kazmir, trade for Jim Johnson

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't believe we dumped Weeks for an All-Star closer pretty great move from Billy, Jemile wore out his welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't believe we dumped Weeks for an All-Star closer pretty great move from Billy, Jemile wore out his welcome here.

I hope BAL doesn't know something about JJ's health that we don't. Otherwise, this is a blantant case of highway robbery. I would have taken a fresh set of bases & a sack of chalk for Weaks (spelled gramatically correct). :10:

Last edited by a moderator:

Isaiah4110

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look like pretty good moves to me. I hope Weeks regains the form that made him successful.

I really like the potential of the Kazmir signing. Especially when compared to the deals Ricky Nolasco and Tim Hudson just got.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard JJ is to get about 10 million though? thats the strange part...Beane is up to something, has to be

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is the O's wanted to shed salary, I believe the A's are expected to add around $20 million more this season with expanded TV revenue across the MLB.

Johnson just has one year left on his deal but he might return draft picks if / when he walks as a free agent. This is way better than relying on Cook or Doolittle to handle the closer duties this season.