• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you guys fearing the Redskins...any?

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question for you guys and looking for serious responses. We looked terrible against Philly and RG3 is still not fully confident on his knee but he is the spokesperson for the read option and still a threat to play against.

Thought's.

btw, most Redskin fans are worried about this game in your building whether they tell you that or not.

0 and 2 is not a mountain by any stretch but I see it as a higher than average speed bump that can fuck up a nice car.

Bottom line... 1 and 1 goes over it much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think GB has a team that can line up and win against anybody. I'm worried only in the sense that they need to show up and play well. If the do that, they should win.

I think the Redskins would have to play an exceptional with GB doing some dumb stuff along the way to lose. It happens every week in the NFL, so I usually get nervous for every game, but just looking at it now, I think GB should win.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Green Bay can and will win, that may sound biased but I do believe that. WAS pass rush is legit, but I think our OL showed enough against SF that we will be alright as long as Rodgers continues to get rid of the ball quickly

I think Garcon will have a nice game. We have injuries in the secondary but he is a very good receiver and with our pass rush struggling, even with RGIII being a little tentative he should have time to find Garcon.

The biggest reason I have GB beating WAS is because with a healthy receiving core, I expect Rodgers to pick apart Washington's secondary. I just have zero confidence that their secondary could stand up against Rodgers., and GB playing at home is another plus for them

GB 34 Washington 27

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question for you guys and looking for serious responses. We looked terrible against Philly and RG3 is still not fully confident on his knee but he is the spokesperson for the read option and still a threat to play against.

Redskins had rough first half, second half they looked like the better team vs Eagles. Redskins tackling looks to be a concern, especially the secondary... lots of missed arm tackles. Maybe this is finally game Packers get rusher with 100 yard game... last time in regular season was vs Redskins in 2010.

Rodgers looks good... Packers OL held up fairly well in passing game vs one of the best DL in league. Appears RGIII is less of a threat to run right now, I do not believe Packers need to focus so highly on containing RGIII as much as they did Kaepernick to the point it hurt the pass rush. Maybe Packers can generate better pass rush this game, because last game that what was missing the most.

Redskins have short week and have to travel... they may come out very flat again, especially after playing the high tempo Eagles.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of that second half was smoke and mirrors though? Philly was up 33-7 and took their foot off the gas. Lots of soft zones and 3 and 4 man rushes.
BTW - teams that start the season 0-2 make the playoffs around 30% of the time.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thoughts on our pass rush vs the niners. 1. That is the best line in football. 2. I don't think our intention was to have a reckless pass rush but more of a controlled blitz. By that I mean we weren't going to sell out and leave lanes for Kapernick. We wanted to keep him in the pocket but not get out of position and leave running lanes open.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gained a lot of respect for the Packers. Their defense looks much improved. They never let Kaep get loose even though he had an impressive passing game.

I see the Pack winning this one by 10 or so. RGIII isn't close to the player he can be at this point. Even at full strength I think the Pack would win this game.

I just think they're the better all around team and have the best QB in the league.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thoughts on our pass rush vs the niners. 1. That is the best line in football. 2. I don't think our intention was to have a reckless pass rush but more of a controlled blitz. By that I mean we weren't going to sell out and leave lanes for Kapernick. We wanted to keep him in the pocket but not get out of position and leave running lanes open.

Lots of truth in there. I think they approached it correctly from a DL and attack scheme. They just covered for crap on the back end. I'm hoping it will be different with Hayward and Burnett back. If ever there was a game we need Nick Collins, that was it. he could cover so much ground, and though they'd make a catch wide open in the middle, he made them pay, not allow 20 extra yards.

But San Fran is a pretty complete team as well. Boldin is a beast, I laughed when the ravens gave flacco all that money and sent Boldin on his way. I didn't laugh when I found out it was to the 9er's. They have all pros all across the lines on both sides of the ball. linebackers, all pro running back, great young qb, good coach, though a whiney child like SOB, etc.

We lost, but it was a great game to watch. Still stings on wednesday though. We better win this sunday, my psyche needs it :)

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of that second half was smoke and mirrors though? Philly was up 33-7 and took their foot off the gas. Lots of soft zones and 3 and 4 man rushes.

I am not saying the Skins will win...at all...but I do take exception to the Eagles taking their foot off the gas.....I don't believe that for a second...If Anything Chip Kelly has proven that he keeps the throttle down, and if he can 50 point you...he will.....the 2nd half...the Skins Defense made some stops, and the offense got somethign going..the Eagles we still Blitzing into the 4th quarter.....and RGIII got way more comfortable......

I expect this to be a good game, and just obviously the skins agaisn the read Option look like other teams..thankfully that is not in the Pakers Arsonel.....as far as our Defense and generating pressure.....Well your rookie left tackle is Not Peters, and I expect him to really have his hands full with Orakpo.....

Like was stated before, our secondary is a VERY big concern, and PLaying Rogers.....doesnt bode well for the Skins.....We can Only hope Merryweather is able to play, as he does add stability to the back of the defense and his speed helps cover some defecianecies......I expect a good game.....

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither team wants to start 0 - 2

thanks goodness the Packers are playing at home and have Rodgers

those two reason give me optimism that the Packers will pull out a W 31 - 24

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Anything Chip Kelly has proven that he keeps the throttle down, and if he can 50 point you...he will.....the 2nd half...the Skins Defense made some stops, and the offense got somethign going..the Eagles we still Blitzing into the 4th quarter.....and RGIII got way more comfortable......

Agreed... I do not think Eagles, especially on defense took foot off the pedal. Redskins looked more insync 2nd half. Eagles continued to blitz up the middle, but Redskins handled it better.

as far as our Defense and generating pressure.....Well your rookie left tackle is Not Peters, and I expect him to really have his hands full with Orakpo.....

Redskins have 2 great pass rushers... but Bakhtiari our rookie LT just saw Aldon Smith and Justin Smith in front of him all day and faired pretty well. His job this week vs Redskins will not be any more difficult than it was vs 49ers... those are 2 All Pro caliber players.

Opposite side Barclay had Brooks all day who is good OLB... he may have his hands a bit more full with Kerrigan or Orakpo whoever lines up as left OLB for Redskins. I was really impressed with Kerrigan in the Eagles game.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude.. if you are running double barrel blitzes and stunts on defense, you have not taken your foot off the gas. Most teams start playing cover two or three with no blitz when they take their foot off the gas.

Im just saying.

packerbackernva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Virginia and an are loaded with Skins fans. Their camp was less than an hour from my house.

I think the redskins are more than capable of giving us a game but in the end the Pack should prevail. Areas of concern for Washington..
1. Secondary can be just plain weak at times.
2. RGIII showed Monday he is not fully back.

I`d expect the Pack to come out firing on all cylinders and force Washington to play from behind, something their not so good at. I`ll even go out on a limb and this might be the first game we have a 100 yard rusher with Lacy. Philly had some huge holes to run thru Monday night and hopefully we can do the same. You`d have to think the skins may still be a tad tired after a short week.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Virginia and an are loaded with Skins fans. Their camp was less than an hour from my house.

I think the redskins are more than capable of giving us a game but in the end the Pack should prevail. Areas of concern for Washington..
1. Secondary can be just plain weak at times.
2. RGIII showed Monday he is not fully back.

I`d expect the Pack to come out firing on all cylinders and force Washington to play from behind, something their not so good at. I`ll even go out on a limb and this might be the first game we have a 100 yard rusher with Lacy. Philly had some huge holes to run thru Monday night and hopefully we can do the same. You`d have to think the skins may still be a tad tired after a short week.

I agree the Secondary for Washington is definetly a concern, but looks like Merryweather a true Safety may actually be able to play, and would be a HUGE upgrade of Biggers a corner who never played Safety...
RGIII may not be fully back yet, but he did show that he can sling it, and got into a good rythem in the 2nd half. and may be more comfortable running the option a little more now

I believe Monday night did show that the Skins are more then capable of coming back on a team when it was not in a prevent defense.

As far as Lacy and his 100yard game....Not saying he wont get it...However, the element of the QB not handing it off and running himself will not be there for the Pack...The Eagles Gaudy rushing yards come partially from worrying about the QB keeping the ball and running it himself..

AS a Skins fan, with our secondary, believe me...NOT looking forward to facing Rogers right now...but we have to, so all I can hope for.....Strap opn the Helmets, and play as good as possible....see what happens....

NO INJURIES for either team!!!!!!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so nervous I started Leonard Hankerson on my fantasy team. But my guess is that Pierre Garcon will be wide open all night and Hankerson will be watching him score 4 touchdowns from the other side of the field.

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
I'm so nervous I started Leonard Hankerson on my fantasy team. But my guess is that Pierre Garcon will be wide open all night and Hankerson will be watching him score 4 touchdowns from the other side of the field.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope your right on that!!! Would be a good chance the skins win...ANd I have Garcon in Fantasy

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Garcon as well...if they are going to score I hope it is him.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to win this game, but just can't see it happening, particularly at Lambeau. Gotta ton of respect for your team and think you guys run a classy operation. Think we'll keep it competitive til the end, but lose by 3. Here's to a good game and no injuries.