• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Sharks boring to watch right now?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else feel like this? I dont know if the EPIC COLLAPSE last year have effected my enjoyment of watching Sharks hockey, but damn its boring so far this season for me. Maybe the lack of a off season surprise has something to do with the lack of enjoyment too.

:noidea: I dont know this season just feels different.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was wondering the same thing. Game was on last night and I didn't even watch. Caught the highlights after the game was over. I just don't care as much as I did before.
The way last season ended definitely plays into it, and them doing nothing to help the team in the offseason made it even worse.
I just don't see a reason to be very optimistic that they will make a run in the playoffs.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
sadly I feel the same way... I think its because of last year entirely. When they choked so badly last year and then changed nothing, it makes all regular season wins feel somehow meaningless. If they could have made one meaningful move that cna serve as some form of change, then the optimism which is dying to emerge can find its way to the surface. However, there just isnt much to convince me that any regular season success is reason to gets hte hopes up...

I really need a trade :-)

patrickjc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it is just a matter of the Sharks building up our hopes for so many years and then finding a way to just self destruct. Last year's playoff disaster was just the last straw. We just know that they will tease us with regular season success, then disappear in the playoffs. And, the Sharks frankly are a boring team (imho). The "big name" players don't show much fire or passion, and don't seem to care if they win or lose. I know that they do care, they just don't display it with any fire.

A perfect example of the lack of fire is the Sharks ability to lose to weak teams because they get outplayed. They also can't hold a lead. How many times have they had a 2 goal lead, only to quit playing and let the other team come back to win it. They lack the "killer instinct" that the elite teams seem to have.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just think no one from a fans perspective is excited because well nothing got done in the offseason and quite frankly it all depends on what this team does in the post season.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders are more interesting to watch than the Sharks right now.

I don't even know if I'm going to last the season art this rate. If the Sharks don't care and aren't even going to try very hard, why should I spend any money on them?

Marleau and Thornton are useless, I hate seeing them on the ice, and I won't miss them when they're gone.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just think no one from a fans perspective is excited because well nothing got done in the offseason and quite frankly it all depends on what this team does in the post season.

True. They could have won 60 games this season, and I'd still be waiting for the other shoe to drop in the playoffs. They need to prove they can win when it matters.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks had a good game last night showing a lot of determination in the 3rd but today vs Chicago was not impressive in any way. I hate the way these guys give up.

“I saw a team that wasn’t prepared to compete, lacked catalysts, guys that were going to settle the game down and make us play the right way and, as a result, we’re down by three,” San Jose coach Todd McLellan said. “We adjust and talk about it between the first and second, then we start to play the way you have to play against that team to win, but I was really disappointed in our group in the first period.”

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of 1 preseason game the only game I have really watched, in person or on TV, was a few nights ago. A couple years ago my travel schedule got heavy and that doesn't work with trying to follow games - but I would at least try to stream or check the news. This year.. I might watch a bit once football is over but I think we all know how this story goes. I am surprised that attendance hasn't been affected at the games as much - it sounds like they are still selling games.