• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Niners the New Bills

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 2 St plays were massive. 8 point swing right there between the fluky bounce of the Niner players leg and the missed PAT. I also think you can't understate the loss of Greenlaw due to a freak injury. The Chiefs started exploiting his replacement and getting in more of a passing rhythm.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is getting beat by Brady and Mahomes. It's just not fair. Like the Knicks during the Jordan years. Only so much Pat Riley could do for the team in the end when the GOATs are doing their do.
Yeah, it's like the Niners are the 90's Cleveland Cavaliers, and Chicago has Jordan.

Also, Andy Reid, very very good coach.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's like the Niners are the 90's Cleveland Cavaliers, and Chicago has Jordan.

Also, Andy Reid, very very good coach.
Stockton and Malone couldn't get a championship for Utah because of Jordan.

Olajuwon and Houston got 2 championships when Jordan took time off.

That's the breaks.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stockton and Malone couldn't get a championship for Utah because of Jordan.

Olajuwon and Houston got 2 championships when Jordan took time off.

That's the breaks.

Yep...Good coach there too...Jerry Sloan.

It just is what it is. I hear Shanahan getting roasted out there...but damned if the vast majority of NFL teams wouldn't be far better off with him than their current coach.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat similar, but the '90s Bills went to four straight Super Bowls, which no other team has done, and this group of Niners aren't even close. I know the '90s Bills are ridiculed for it, but it's actually a very impressive accomplishment when you think about it.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat similar, but the '90s Bills went to four straight Super Bowls, which no other team has done, and this group of Niners aren't even close. I know the '90s Bills are ridiculed for it, but it's actually a very impressive accomplishment when you think about it.

I agree...I thought that Bills team should be considered a dynasty. They were just snake bitten! It was really impressive, although I'm sure most Bills fans disagree.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...Good coach there too...Jerry Sloan.

It just is what it is. I hear Shanahan getting roasted out there...but damned if the vast majority of NFL teams wouldn't be far better off with him than their current coach.

Yup. Shanahan is one of the best at his job. Maybe there are a few guys better than him, but the Niners would be crazy to look elsewhere. He's only 44 years old, so he has many more good years as head coach as long as he is still motivated and happy. I would never rule out burnout with these guys, though, which happened to Dick Vermeil his first time around, and it sounded like Sean McVay was going through it last year. Head coach is a 70 to 80 hours per week job and maybe these big game losses will make Shanahan want to do something else with his life.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...I thought that Bills team should be considered a dynasty. They were just snake bitten! It was really impressive, although I'm sure most Bills fans disagree.

The Bills really had it all back then. Good coach, great QB, an excellent RB, great WR's, a fast paced offense that could go hurry up at any time, and a powerful defense with Bruce Smith and Cornelius Bennett. They got unlucky in the first one on a missed FG, and then they ran into the greatest Redskins team ever (am I allowed to call them by their old name? lol), and the great Cowboys dynasty of the '90s.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...and Marv Levy was a damn good head coach....one of the best of that era.
He just had the misfortune of going up against perhaps even better HC's/teams, in Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs, and then Jimmy Johnson in those 4 SB's...even though all but the 1st of the 4 were blowouts.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the turning point hands down in my mind...

For me the biggest turning point was SF muffed punt and KC recovering.

SF still had the lead... just got 3 and out vs KC and getting ball back and then gave KC a short field. SF defense gased a bit as SF 3 series in 2nd half were 3 and out. KC scored on next play and had their first lead.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 was Brady and the other two Mahomes.

Probably a factor
Reason why Gary Payton, John Stockton, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley never won a championship being in the Western Conference when Jordan was playing

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a tradition folks…

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners should be grateful they even made it to the SB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason why Gary Payton, John Stockton, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley never won a championship being in the Western Conference when Jordan was playing

Jordan was and is still the best... he's known for offense but he was an amazing shutdown defender...

The Supersonics should've had a title in the 90s... Kemp, Payton, Schrempf, McMillan, Perkins, that team was f'ing stacked.. same with the Jazz.

One person could stop that. It was Jordan. Basketball died in the 90s with Jordan. It went full pussy mode with flops and everyone including LeFlop whining about fouls that never happened while the NBA pussified itself with pansy ass defense.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as The Chiefs are now The Patriots Dynasty and Brady even after he left NE, had their number, in the playoffs. Ironically KC is now SF's Patriots.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills really had it all back then. Good coach, great QB, an excellent RB, great WR's, a fast paced offense that could go hurry up at any time, and a powerful defense with Bruce Smith and Cornelius Bennett. They got unlucky in the first one on a missed FG, and then they ran into the greatest Redskins team ever (am I allowed to call them by their old name? lol), and the great Cowboys dynasty of the '90s.
That’s all you should call them by