• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

apparently ....

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this site has died! where are all the sox fans?

well, i shall rant alone then ...

last night's game was an unforgivably bad job of managing AND pitching and i fail to see how the sox will get any better next year if this is the kind of management we have to look forward to.
it wasn't so terrible that RV pulled sale at 97 pitches but to do so with 2 outs in the 8th and him pitching great to bring in jones made no sense. yes, jones got out of the 8th but, as has happened to him so often this year, sitting then resuming in the next inning has been something he hasn't handled well. the real problem was leaving him in as he got lit up over and over in the 9th. THEN he brings in his golden boy (reed) for what he hopes is another high percentage save and he gets his ass handed to him. no doubt reed started out this year better than he was last year, for april and may, .... but he has reverted to his normal average of a walk and a hit or two per inning while getting the kind of saves you or i could get. 3 run lead needing one or 2 outs!

i am so disappointed that reed has actually been mentioned as being considered an "elite" closer. does ANYONE buy this garbage? 4.53 era since the end of may is somehow elite? i don't think so. but apparently that is what rv thinks.

sorry sox fans ... i see a long reign of crap baseball on the south side for years to come. this is what happens when the brainless (upper management) lead the brainless (manager).

meanwhile i shall search once again for a site where there are actually fans who wish to discuss .... whether we are winning or losing!

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season has been the worst for me in terms of actually watching the team - it's tough because it's like the team can't even begin to fully rebuild until the expensive veterans like Dunn get purged from the roster. Hopefully we'll have more to talk about come December/January when the 2014 roster starts to take shape.