• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone have an RZR/SxS?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking that may be my next purchase. I drive about 50 miles roundtrip, so doesn't make sense for me to pop for a 4WD version for my next truck and put tires that can be used to for trails and camping. Plus I was never a fan of having my daily driver out on the trails.

So maybe I'll go with 2WD next time and get an RZR. They look freaking fun and youtube makes em look extremely capable. I just wonder how durable the are. I seem flip and keep on running, but the axle shafts look wimpy. Don't want something that I'm working on every time I take it out.

Figure someone here has one or has a buddy withone. Something like this:

2013_Arctic_Cat_Wildcat_1000_395616.jpg

Not cheap, but if they hold up and are easy to trailer, seems worth it.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking that may be my next purchase. I drive about 50 miles roundtrip, so doesn't make sense for me to pop for a 4WD version for my next truck and put tires that can be used to for trails and camping. Plus I was never a fan of having my daily driver out on the trails.

So maybe I'll go with 2WD next time and get an RZR. They look freaking fun and youtube makes em look extremely capable. I just wonder how durable the are. I seem flip and keep on running, but the axle shafts look wimpy. Don't want something that I'm working on every time I take it out.

Figure someone here has one or has a buddy withone. Something like this:

2013_Arctic_Cat_Wildcat_1000_395616.jpg

Not cheap, but if they hold up and are easy to trailer, seems worth it.

Go with a Kawasaki Teryx or Mule. Kawasaki has been making SxS's for a good length of time now, and have their shit together. Most SxS's that come into my dad's shop for repairs are Polaris's.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boss is looking into one too, he pretty much has the same concerns you do.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go with a Kawasaki Teryx or Mule. Kawasaki has been making SxS's for a good length of time now, and have their shit together. Most SxS's that come into my dad's shop for repairs are Polaris's.

Good info to have. The mules are more work-like aren't they? Was hoping to get something beefier that could handle being rolled over.

My boss is looking into one too, he pretty much has the same concerns you do.

I think the SxS arena is going to blow up with weekend trail/mud/camping types. They are more comfortable than a 4 wheeler, safer, can carry more, and don't cost that much more. Can go the same places.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good info to have. The mules are more work-like aren't they? Was hoping to get something beefier that could handle being rolled over.

I think the SxS arena is going to blow up with weekend trail/mud/camping types. They are more comfortable than a 4 wheeler, safer, can carry more, and don't cost that much more. Can go the same places.

Yes, Mule's are more of a utility vehicle, not built for speed and jumping. Sounds like the Kawasaki Teryx is what you are looking for.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bro just bought a new Argo. It's the most capable 4 mph you'll ever crawl.

Tracked-8x8-Argo-Amphibious-ATV.jpg