• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone have advice on my 8 Keepers in Auction League?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I traded some of my cheap young guys in order to win the league last year

the league is a 12 team ROTO league- 5x5 with OBP instead of AVG and Holds+Saves instead of just saves. It is an auction so keepers are kept for $5 more than the previous year. The Budget is $260.

Keeping in mind the budget- I get 8 keepers- my best options are listed below. Who should I keep for 8 spots?

Options:
1. Gerrit Cole- $47
2. Jose Ramirez- $42
3. Francisco Lindor- $40
4. Luis Castillo- $40
5. Corey Seager- $35
6. Adley Rutschamn- $34
7. Christian Yelich- $25
8. Shane Bieber- $25
9. Emmanuel Clase- $15
10. Paul Sewald- $9
11. Evan Phillips- $6
12. Tyler Bibee- $5
13. James Outman- $5
14. Spencer Steer- $5
15. Rhys Hoskins- $5
16. Michael King- $5

Only get to keep 8- and need to be budget conscious--- not sure which of the 2 SS to keep......some of the $5 guys seem reasonable....I think Cole, Ramirez, Bibee, and one of Seager/Lindor are the no brainers. After that I am struggling.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is that budget for bench players too?? or do you even have a bench??

how many players??

how many reliever spots do you have??

with save+Holds, it really takes away the value of your relievers, but if you must start 3+ relievers, then it still has value...

Cole and Ramirez are both no brainers no matter the format... a little pricey for the 2 combined but... not terrible...

after that I would keep

1. Adley Rutchman- not just already a stud, but he is a catcher... weakest position in fantasy and you are going to have one that plays nearly everyday...
2. Shane Bieber- yes, he had a bad season last year but at only 25 you can take the shot of him being another ace for your roster... with that said, he is one of my don't draft guys in a redraft, but here I am ok with a hope and a prayer...

3. I would have to keep at least one of Phillips/Sewald/Clase... I would probably go Sewald, as he is cheaper than Clase, and I don't know if I trust whether Phillips keeps his job as closer... and usually if you lose the closer job, you don't go directly to setup man...

4. id take a flyer on Tanner Bibee...

_________

At this point you spent 162 of the 260 dollars and only have 6 of your 8 keepers...

I do like Lindor, Seager, Castillo a lot... but I don't know if you can really afford any of them... as keepers.... and I don't know how much they would go in the auction...

the problem is that you did not have any cheap MUST keeps..... and all the rest of your 5 dollar guys are all easy drops... where you can get similar for cheaper...

IDK... if it is possible to go only 6 I would do that... I am ok if you take one more expensive guy... but if you do you will not be able to flexible during the auction(assuming 16 players drafted)

of the three expensive players I think I like Castillo the best... as you can start the season with a stacked rotation...

Seager, you have to see his injury... and Lindor is going to be on the Hapless mets, playing the strongest fantasy position...

tough position you are in...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole, Jose, Bibbee, Seager…no brainers imo

I would think about Steer and Outman. $5 is cheap but can you get a guy for $5 or less? I venture to say yes but I really have no clue
I would go one RP - Phillips $6 or King $5. If you think you can afford Sewald or Clase but with your budget I am not sure they would be worth it.

For your 8th if you want to go pitching I would either go Castillo or think about Bieber. Bieber would relatively cheap and I have this feeling he will go back to be close to himself..somewhat

Total of $170. $90 to play with just as an example.

I am not sure how much you are looking for to spend after the 8 guys but that would give you some money to spend on a couple big names it seems

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming you don't start CI/MI. Budget conscious, so we'll start from the bottom...

Hoskins - 1B studs will be kept and you'll have to pay too high to get so-so stuff for the leftovers.

Steer - easy call for $5

Bibee - have to try for $5

Phillips + Sewald = better than Clase for $15

There's $30 and you grab three studs... I'd take: Cole, Ramirez, Lindor

I get the temptation of "the best catcher", but not if you want to be budget friendly...

$159 all-in.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes @Shanemansj13 @MilkSpiller22
We had 2 people drop out of our fantasy baseball league fairly late in the process. Its the same league I talk about above.

Not expecting it- but if anyone is interested let me know---- you get 8 keepers and the 2 teams have a lot of good keepers- headlined by Strider on one for super cheap and Judge on another for super cheap-- its $50 buy in all paid over pay pall- its done on Fantrax which makes pay-in and pay-out really easy.....we have had so called "randos" join before and they had success---- I might even be able to get you a discount to come in for your first year

again- just seeing if anyone is interested- its roto- baseball is a grind- understand all of that- just a shot in the dark. If anyone wants more info or has questions lemme know.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team has keepers like:

Strider- 10
Burnes 15
Steele 5
Bobby Miller 5
Yandy Diaz 13

One team has

Sean Murphy 12
Ozzie Albies 35
Judge 30
Estuery Ruiz 6
Kirby 10
Gray 5
Ragans 5

Team 1 a lot of good solid cheap young pitching and team 2 a mix- having judge at 30 is huge---- kirby, gray, ragans, combined 20 is huge....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes @Shanemansj13 @MilkSpiller22
We had 2 people drop out of our fantasy baseball league fairly late in the process. Its the same league I talk about above.

Not expecting it- but if anyone is interested let me know---- you get 8 keepers and the 2 teams have a lot of good keepers- headlined by Strider on one for super cheap and Judge on another for super cheap-- its $50 buy in all paid over pay pall- its done on Fantrax which makes pay-in and pay-out really easy.....we have had so called "randos" join before and they had success---- I might even be able to get you a discount to come in for your first year

again- just seeing if anyone is interested- its roto- baseball is a grind- understand all of that- just a shot in the dark. If anyone wants more info or has questions lemme know.

Appreciate it, but my fantasy plate is full

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok my turn. Can keep nine, so one has to go
AL only - two catcher

Anthony Volpe SS | NYY $10
Bobby Witt SS | KC $27
Cole Ragans P | KC $7
George Kirby P | SEA $9
Gleyber Torres 2B | NYY $21
Joe Ryan P | MIN $19
Jonah Heim C | TEX $10
Julio Rodriguez OF | SEA $29
Nick Pivetta P | BOS $2
Spencer Torkelson 1B | DET $14

I'm leaning Heim, but dont want to regret dropping Volpe
Could also keep Westburg $5, or Langeliers $4 and be done with Catchers

What do you think?

So it’s basically drop one.

I’d drop Torkelson on that group. Sure first base is a weak position. But 14 dollars is a lot for a bottom half player. Even at the weak position and even in AL only.m

Also don’t think his ceiling is too high as it seems like he has lost his power potential and he is on a bad team.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it’s basically drop one.

I’d drop Torkelson on that group. Sure first base is a weak position. But 14 dollars is a lot for a bottom half player. Even at the weak position and even in AL only.m

Also don’t think his ceiling is too high as it seems like he has lost his power potential and he is on a bad team.
Tork was the 9th highest scoring first baseman in MLB last year.

Third in the AL. He hit 31 homers as a 23 year old.

What are you talking about?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I traded some of my cheap young guys in order to win the league last year

the league is a 12 team ROTO league- 5x5 with OBP instead of AVG and Holds+Saves instead of just saves. It is an auction so keepers are kept for $5 more than the previous year. The Budget is $260.

Keeping in mind the budget- I get 8 keepers- my best options are listed below. Who should I keep for 8 spots?

Options:
1. Gerrit Cole- $47
2. Jose Ramirez- $42
3. Francisco Lindor- $40
4. Luis Castillo- $40
5. Corey Seager- $35
6. Adley Rutschamn- $34
7. Christian Yelich- $25
8. Shane Bieber- $25
9. Emmanuel Clase- $15
10. Paul Sewald- $9
11. Evan Phillips- $6
12. Tyler Bibee- $5
13. James Outman- $5
14. Spencer Steer- $5
15. Rhys Hoskins- $5
16. Michael King- $5

Only get to keep 8- and need to be budget conscious--- not sure which of the 2 SS to keep......some of the $5 guys seem reasonable....I think Cole, Ramirez, Bibee, and one of Seager/Lindor are the no brainers. After that I am struggling.

King and bibee are no brainers

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL only - two catcher

Bobby Witt SS | KC $27
Cole Ragans P | KC $7
George Kirby P | SEA $9
Joe Ryan P | MIN $19
Jonah Heim C | TEX $10
Nick Pivetta P | BOS $2

What do you think?

I'd drop Joe Ryan

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL only - two catcher

Bobby Witt SS | KC $27
Cole Ragans P | KC $7
George Kirby P | SEA $9
Joe Ryan P | MIN $19
Jonah Heim C | TEX $10
Nick Pivetta P | BOS $2

What do you think?
Heim or Ryan. Heim at $10 seems pretty steep overall. You probably can draft a catcher for the same amount or less IMO

If you don't have to keep 9, I would drop Ryan and Heim. Keep one of those low priced catchers if you are high on them.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heim or Ryan. Heim at $10 seems pretty steep overall. You probably can draft a catcher for the same amount or less IMO

If you don't have to keep 9, I would drop Ryan and Heim. Keep one of those low priced catchers if you are high on them.
Think I'll drop Ryan. With it being a 2 catchers league, I'd like to lock in one proven starter.