• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any other CBS Refugees?

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like going to games at the old Busch Stadium. I know it wasn't a "purists park" but man it was fun watching games there with a knowledgeable, loyal and friendly fan base. I've yet to catch a game at new Busch.

I agree with clem that Coors Field is an awesome place to watch a game. Lower Downtown in Denver is great to hang out at before and after games. I walked into a bar (Tropicana I think?) and there was Nugent blasting Wang dang sweet poontang on the speakers and chicks dancing in loin cloths. Pretty sweet.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you may be the first person I have ever heard that liked the old Busch stadium, big piece of plastic junk if you ask me...this new one is great but do not get the nosebleeds in right or left facing the plate, you can only see about 75% of the place, terrible architecture there

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you may be the first person I have ever heard that liked the old Busch stadium, big piece of plastic junk if you ask me...this new one is great but do not get the nosebleeds in right or left facing the plate, you can only see about 75% of the place, terrible architecture there

Maybe I'm crazy or I was just a star struck kid from Iowa, but I loved the old place. Watching Auggie running around the field in the Clydesdales was a hoot!

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diamondbacks home field(whatever that sponsor name is), was a great place too. Not to watch the game but it was like a mall with a ball park in the middle. Plenty of entertainment. Giants home field(whatever they call that place), was a great place as well, with McCovey Cove and being able to each inning watch from the outfield wall/fence area at field level. Kaufmann great place all around, as well as Target Field.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to see some BAD seats, I have two options:

1) The "sight restricted" seats in the new Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park. Why anyone would actually pay to see a game in person and be blocked from half the field is beyond me.

2) The "Rockpile" seats high above centerfield in Coors Field. $4 per seat so you get any/every cheap, loud, obnoxious idiot coupled with their 7 kids with hard/hot metal benches to sit on (no assigned seats). Plus, you literally need binoculars to see any of the game. I went once and will never go back.