• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any one Catch Bucky Brooks piece today??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOw im going to preface this by saying thanks Bucky for throwing out the Jinx mojo. Any while I love the enthusiasm you show for my Redskins, might need to at least tap the breaks a little in this piece. None the less a very interesting read.

How have the Redskins turned around their franchise?

Excerpt

The Washington Redskins are on the verge of clinching the NFC East, spurred by a red-hot offense that's beginning to find its rhythm behind a sizzling quarterback (Kirk Cousins) and a pair of dynamic pass catchers on the perimeter (DeSean Jackson and Jordan Reed). Skeptics wonder if the Redskins -- 1-5 in away games this season -- can finish strong despite playing their last two regular-season games on the road, starting with this Saturday's showdown with the Philadelphia Eagles on "Thursday Night Football" on NFL Network. But I'm convinced Washington will not only win the division -- which they can do by winning Saturday -- but pose a problem for opponents in the playoffs.

I dug into the All-22 Coaches Film to discover the reasons behind the Redskins' recent offensive surge, and I've come up with three reasons to believe Jay Gruden's squad is a threat to create chaos down the stretch:

1) Kirk Cousins is thriving as the Redskins' franchise quarterback.

REDSKINS AT EAGLES
When Gruden named Cousins his starter heading into the season, I questioned whether the second-year coach had made the right call, based on the inconsistent production and performance we'd seen to that point from the fourth-year pro. He entered 2015 with a 2-7 record as a starter and an 18:19 touchdown-to-interception ratio. Although he certainly flashed intriguing potential in a handful of games (see his 329-yard effort against Cleveland in 2012, a 381-yard showing against Atlanta in 2013 and a 427-yard performance against Philadelphia in 2014), Cousins' tendency to turn the ball over made it hard to trust him as a long-term starter. Most importantly, Cousins' inability to consistently guide the team to the winner's circle made it hard to view him as a potential franchise quarterback in today's game.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It constantly amazes me how so called people in the know make a career decision on a guy with 10 starts over three years. :noidea: At the same time these same smart people decided trading 3 first round and one 2nd round pick for a QB that has never played in the league, ran a pure spread offense and had no play book is a good idea. :crazy:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to prove it on the field . so far we have failed at every turn . i expect this team to be very nervous and people will take that as not prepared . we have a shot but we have to overcome some demons