• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Smith released

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just like QBs cd.. You keep drafting them till you find a good one.. So if i have 2 so so WRs and Tim Brown is sitting there for the taking, i pass on him?? What would make a bigger impact to a team with young QBs, with so so WRs?? Cooper\White\Parker or some D player?? Its not close, we all know who.. If that trade goes down with Bears?? Titans take WR watch.. Whoever is left from Coop\White\Parker.. You add one of those guys to the Raiders, Jags, or Titans and look at them go..

You can't guarantee he is the next Tim Brown though. What happens if one of these pass rushers is the next Derrick Thomas? Do you pass on that? Big Cat is being compared to many of the top DT's in the NFL do you pass on that? I mean just look at what the top DT in the league is getting and you can see that teams value that position and finding a quality player than that of WR. Like I said the value of WR is beginning to drop. Calvin Johnson gets paid big time but it wouldn't surprise me after this season if they look to move on as injuries and price have just made him an expensive bench player at this point. Larry Fitzgerald just had to take a pay cut and what the top receivers in FA are asking for teams are just not wanting to give them anymore such as DT and the Cowboys receiver. I'm not saying Cooper is a bad player or won't be great as I do think he will be but all these top players in the top-5 have been compared to HOF type players. It is why they are top-5 talent. At this point though it is a crap shoot of who is going to be good. I am a big fan of Fowler and Beasley way more than I am of Cooper at this point. Big Cat is another. I mean Idaho have I steered you wrong when it comes to who is going to be good out of the top-10 when it comes to the draft? I told you last year that the Broncos should trade their entire draft to get Mack and he turned out to be a special player. I said the same thing about Kuechley, Von Miller, Fletcher Cox, Sheldon Richardson, and Aaron Donald. Every one of those players were guys I was willing to put all my eggs in the basket to get them for my team.

For this season the one guy I would be willing to do that for is Beasley. He has the combination of both producing in college and then showing that his skills on the field are backed up with ridiculous athleticism. Cooper fits in my he has a very high floor so good chance he is a very good player for whatever team he goes to but I don't see him as a top-5 receiver. I don't see him being that next Odell Beckham. I see him being the next Sammy Watkins of good production but not the kind that makes you just jump out of your chair going "how did he do that?". Again just my opinion.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't guarantee he is the next Tim Brown though. What happens if one of these pass rushers is the next Derrick Thomas? Do you pass on that? Big Cat is being compared to many of the top DT's in the NFL do you pass on that? I mean just look at what the top DT in the league is getting and you can see that teams value that position and finding a quality player than that of WR. Like I said the value of WR is beginning to drop. Calvin Johnson gets paid big time but it wouldn't surprise me after this season if they look to move on as injuries and price have just made him an expensive bench player at this point. Larry Fitzgerald just had to take a pay cut and what the top receivers in FA are asking for teams are just not wanting to give them anymore such as DT and the Cowboys receiver. I'm not saying Cooper is a bad player or won't be great as I do think he will be but all these top players in the top-5 have been compared to HOF type players. It is why they are top-5 talent. At this point though it is a crap shoot of who is going to be good. I am a big fan of Fowler and Beasley way more than I am of Cooper at this point. Big Cat is another. I mean Idaho have I steered you wrong when it comes to who is going to be good out of the top-10 when it comes to the draft? I told you last year that the Broncos should trade their entire draft to get Mack and he turned out to be a special player. I said the same thing about Kuechley, Von Miller, Fletcher Cox, Sheldon Richardson, and Aaron Donald. Every one of those players were guys I was willing to put all my eggs in the basket to get them for my team.

For this season the one guy I would be willing to do that for is Beasley. He has the combination of both producing in college and then showing that his skills on the field are backed up with ridiculous athleticism. Cooper fits in my he has a very high floor so good chance he is a very good player for whatever team he goes to but I don't see him as a top-5 receiver. I don't see him being that next Odell Beckham. I see him being the next Sammy Watkins of good production but not the kind that makes you just jump out of your chair going "how did he do that?". Again just my opinion.
That goes both ways cd.. You pass on Coop and take the D player, and he's so so while Coop is blowing it up?? You just never know.. Now don't get me wrong, i like Big Cat and Fowler, and would be more than happy with either.. Heck who wouldn't?? And there is a VERY good chance one of them will be a Raider here very soon!!
I just don't want to pass on Cooper!! He is better than ANY WR from last year!! He is a true BEAST!! Rumors already of the Whiners moving up to snag him!! He was just visiting the Jags etc.. Cooper is a killa!! I would take Coop over any WR from last year!! Again i love me some Fowler and Big Cat as well.. Can't wrong either way..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That goes both ways cd.. You pass on Coop and take the D player, and he's so so while Coop is blowing it up?? You just never know.. Now don't get me wrong, i like Big Cat and Fowler, and would be more than happy with either.. Heck who wouldn't?? And there is a VERY good chance one of them will be a Raider here very soon!!
I just don't want to pass on Cooper!! He is better than ANY WR from last year!! He is a true BEAST!! Rumors already of the Whiners moving up to snag him!! He was just visiting the Jags etc.. Cooper is a killa!! I would take Coop over any WR from last year!! Again i love me some Fowler and Big Cat as well.. Can't wrong either way..

I agree but you were the one saying "Well how can you pass on Tim Brown?" I was just saying that any of these guys could be the next big thing or they could be the next big bust. Typically Alabama players have not lived up to the hype partly because they get so much more used and abused than other schools that the players come in getting hurt more often than any other school producing 1st round picks. It is why I really struggle with Alabama players and taking them. Look at Julio Jones in he is a great WR but he spends about half the time injured. Not saying Cooper will follow in that same boat but he was used even more than Jones in his time with Alabama. I've also heard Alabama bends the rules to get more practice time than any other school again why they have so many injuries in they take a lot more snaps and a lot more abuse in that college time where they wear out in the pros.

Anyway that top-10 this year is going to be crazy. I can see it all going so many ways and honestly I do think about half the top-10 picks will bust or just be average. So in my estimation you got a 50-50 chance that you find one of the studs.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all the draft is 50/50 from the first through the 7th.. All we got is hype, tape, and hope.. Any player can bust.. I just think Cooper is the best player in draft.. Could I be wrong?? Heck yeah..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all the draft is 50/50 from the first through the 7th.. All we got is hype, tape, and hope.. Any player can bust.. I just think Cooper is the best player in draft.. Could I be wrong?? Heck yeah..

Mine is Vic Beasley. The guy just looks like everybody else is standing still half the time he is on the field.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine is Vic Beasley. The guy just looks like everybody else is standing still half the time he is on the field.
I like Beasley as well.. But i got him 3 behind Big Cat and Fowler..