• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck is an interception machine.....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the Titans pass D has been ranked 15, 11, and 26th
Jaguars 22, 25,22
Texans 21, 3, 16

Hardly juggernauts, but nearly as bad as you attempted to perceive it. It's the offenses that drag the AFCS opponents down.
AFC South defenses also get to play those bad AFC South offenses so...yeah, pretty bad

I like Luck. I think he is either the 5th or 6th best QB in the league right now. What you should be worried about is how many hits he is taking. He probably wont last as long as most of the QBs on your list

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know your inferiority complex would come out this soon in a thread.....oh wait, yeah I did. Do you see Russell Wilson's name in the title? This thread is about Luck's perception by ignorant NFL as an "INT machine"....and obviously an unintentional attempt to make Seahawk fans cry.

I was talking about Flacco. 60/34

Hey, but nice to have RW on your mind.
Your mind holds so little, RW taking up some up that precious space should be concerning to you.
LOL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD:INT ratios of the modern-day great QB's in the first 3 years of their career

1. Dan Marino - 2.23:1 (98TDs:44INTs)
2. Andrew Luck - 2:1 (86:43)
3. Peyton Manning - 1.77:1 (85:58)
4. Joe Montana - 1.67:1 (35:21)
5. Tom Brady - 1.47:1 (46:26)
6. Jim Kelly - 1.24:1 (56:45)
7. Brett Favre - 1:1 (37:37)
8. Steve Young - 1:1 (21:21)
9. Aaron Rodgers - 1:1 (1:1)
10. Fran Tarkenton - .96:1 (55:57)
11. Drew Brees - .94:1 (29:31)
12. John Elway - .90:1 (47:52)
13. Warren Moon - .68:1 (40:59)
14. Troy Aikman - .67:1 (31:46)

Discuss.....

You have a list of "modern-day great QB's" that doesn't include Matt Ryan

/thread invalidated

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then take Tarkenton off. :noidea:

LOL I just used Tarkenton as an example, since I think that he is the oldest player on the list, and I know that you probably didn't construct the list. I just think that "modern day" should be more narrowly defined, since rules restricting contact with receivers and hitting QBs were quite different for Luck than they were for some of the other QBs on that list.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When people say "Andrew Luck is an interception machine," they are saying it in comparison to Russ. So of course your response is to post a list which conveniently leaves out Wilson.

I'm one of the most outspoken Luck "haters" out there, and I'll freely admit he is between the 8th and 11th best QB in the NFL. That's pretty damn good for a 25 year old. I just hate how he is cited as the best QB in his generation when the guy drafted 74 picks beneath him is clearly better, and your little chart does nothing to disprove this.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the comparison is off a bit depending on how much each QB played his first three years. Montana barely saw the field his first year and played only part of the second. For instance, if Montana on threw a handful of passes his first year and was picked off once, does that skew the stats? Marino and Luck were basically starters all three years.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moon's first 3 professional years were actually in Edmonton and his TD:INT ratio was 50:30. And then he went to the 2-14 Houston Oilers. Any QB would have thrown picks on that team.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When people say "Andrew Luck is an interception machine," they are saying it in comparison to Russ. So of course your response is to post a list which conveniently leaves out Wilson.

I'm one of the most outspoken Luck "haters" out there, and I'll freely admit he is between the 8th and 11th best QB in the NFL. That's pretty damn good for a 25 year old. I just hate how he is cited as the best QB in his generation when the guy drafted 74 picks beneath him is clearly better, and your little chart does nothing to disprove this.

I think you confuse "clearly better" with has "clearly had more success". Turns out, football is actually a team sport. I suspect that there isn't a single personnel guy in the league who would say that Wilson is a "better QB" than Luck.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC South defenses also get to play those bad AFC South offenses so...yeah, pretty bad

I like Luck. I think he is either the 5th or 6th best QB in the league right now. What you should be worried about is how many hits he is taking. He probably wont last as long as most of the QBs on your list

I got him #2 behind Rodgers. Manning and Brady just aren't on that level anymore.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did not believe that some of these guys had the same amount of ints & td's after 3 seasons. Very surprising

QB's and passing offenses sucked in the past big time.

In 1975 the league averages 52% completion %, 163 passing yards per game, and threw exactly 100 more INT's than TD's.

Last year the league averages 62% completion %, 237 passing yards per game, and threw 350+ more TD's than INT's.

People want to say it was the rule changes but that is only a small part of it.

The biggest reason is:
1) QB's are just flat out better than they ever have been. You take a time machine back to 1975 and put Terry Bradshaw/Fran Tarkington/Roger Staubach ect in it and come back to the modern day and there is ZERO chance any of them makes an NFL roster. Those guys just never had modern training in modern offenses throwing modern routes to be able to compete at the level that the NFL is at now.

2) Bill Walsh and other like minded innovators of passing offenses. Changed the game and how the passing game attacked defenses. In the past it was mostly a chuck it deep and cross your fingers mentality. Nowadays getting chunks of yardage on higher completion percentage and moving the chains is how they attack defenses on each and every play.

Baseball is still pretty much the same game that it was 40 years. Basketball has changed a little but is still pretty much the same as well.

The NFL on the other hand has evolved and changed much, much more than those other leagues. Not only are the athletic ability of the players increased greatly but how the game is played and how well players play it has increased greatly.

The only sport that has evolved more and faster than the NFL than I can think of is MMA.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you confuse "clearly better" with has "clearly had more success". Turns out, football is actually a team sport. I suspect that there isn't a single personnel guy in the league who would say that Wilson is a "better QB" than Luck.

Right, because Wilson's bottom 10 O-Line and bottom 5 receiving corp explain his amazing TD:INT Ratio. Is Richard Sherman punching the ball out of opposing DBs hands? Am I missing something here?

Those same "personnel guys" picked Brock Osweiler before Wilson. That means Osweiler was better, right?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
manning threw a lot of picks early too

then again, the pats have owned colts QB's since 1998 or so.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure you were :L

RW controls your mind, and you hate it. Just HATE it.
How about a response to the post above about PLAYOFFS.
How Luck has actually been an Interception Machine in the Playoffs.

It is TRUE, and you HATE it.
BTW, How has RW done in the Playoffs? (Yup, that last pass was awful)

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, because Wilson's bottom 10 O-Line and bottom 5 receiving corp explain his amazing TD:INT Ratio. Is Richard Sherman punching the ball out of opposing DBs hands? Am I missing something here?

Those same "personnel guys" picked Brock Osweiler before Wilson. That means Osweiler was better, right?

Of course not. Wilson was obviously underrated coming out of college. Happens quite frequently that personnel people underrate or overrate a prospect coming out of college. Wilson has shown that is an excellent pro player and a big part of Seattle's success because he fits so well with they have done offensively. I suspect, however, that if the Colts offered to trade Luck for Wilson, the Seattle front office would jump on that.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's and passing offenses sucked in the past big time.

In 1975 the league averages 52% completion %, 163 passing yards per game, and threw exactly 100 more INT's than TD's.

Last year the league averages 62% completion %, 237 passing yards per game, and threw 350+ more TD's than INT's.

People want to say it was the rule changes but that is only a small part of it.

The biggest reason is:
1) QB's are just flat out better than they ever have been. You take a time machine back to 1975 and put Terry Bradshaw/Fran Tarkington/Roger Staubach ect in it and come back to the modern day and there is ZERO chance any of them makes an NFL roster. Those guys just never had modern training in modern offenses throwing modern routes to be able to compete at the level that the NFL is at now.

2) Bill Walsh and other like minded innovators of passing offenses.

Baseball is still pretty much the same game that was played 40 years. Basketball has changed a little but is still pretty much the same.

The NFL on the other hand has evolved and changed much, much more than those other leagues. Not only are the athletic differences increased greatly but how the game has played and how well players play it has increased greatly.

The only sport that has evolved more and faster than the NFL than I can think of is MMA.

Some good points in there. On the flipside take that time machine and put Brady or Manning into that bone crunching era in the 70's that Bradshaw and all the other QB's played in and I don't think they would have survived. Modern QB's still get season ending injuries despite all the protection they are given. Imagine if some modern QB's had to take the hits those old guys did. They cry like babies anytime someone even brushes their facemask nowadays. The 70's QB's were far tougher.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seahawks have Marshawn Lynch
Colts had Trent Richardson and the corpse of Ahmad Bradshaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good points in there. On the flipside take that time machine and put Brady or Manning into that bone crunching era in the 70's that Bradshaw and all the other QB's played in and I don't think they would have survived. Modern QB's still get season ending injuries despite all the protection they are given. Imagine if some modern QB's had to take the hits those old guys did. They cry like babies anytime someone even brushes their facemask nowadays. The 70's QB's were far tougher.

Compare the workout regimen and body type of Cam Newton to YA Tittle

y.a.-tittle.jpg

prolly not