• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andre Eithier

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who here would be interested in a trade for andre eithier? the dodgers are willing to eat up most of his salary if they are going to trade him which may come this trade deadline. Idk whats going on or whats gonna happen with michael saunders, franklin Gutierrez is always hurt with morse at RF all we have is Jason Bay and Raul Ibanez...

So who thinks the Ms should explore an Andre Eithier Trade?

Andre Ethier Trade Rumors: How a Dodgers-Mariners Deal Would Impact MLB | Bleacher Report

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it depends on what happens with Morse. If we end up resigning morse then no. But I question if we will try and resign Morse or not and Morse is injury prone. I think a trade for Either would be a long term move because he is in a contract for awhile. I also don't see him as much of a center fielder.

So I guess I wouldn't mind a trade for Ethier but I wouldn't love it either. I do think it is time to let Guti go though.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who here would be interested in a trade for andre eithier? the dodgers are willing to eat up most of his salary if they are going to trade him which may come this trade deadline. Idk whats going on or whats gonna happen with michael saunders, franklin Gutierrez is always hurt with morse at RF all we have is Jason Bay and Raul Ibanez...

So who thinks the Ms should explore an Andre Eithier Trade?

Andre Ethier Trade Rumors: How a Dodgers-Mariners Deal Would Impact MLB | Bleacher Report

A year and a half ago, I would have been, and was, all for a trade for Andre Ethier. And, I would have been dead wrong. He just doesn't produce enough for a corner outfielder. He has 4 years and $71.5 million left on his contract so I doubt that the Dodgers would be willing to eat his entire contract.

Even if the Mariners were only responsible for about $30-35 million of that over four years, it would still be more money that I would want them to risk. And, there would be other teams willing to risk a bigger financial responsibility for him.

The Mariners definitely need a solid starting outfielder with productive MLB experience, who is younger than Ibanez and Bay. But, it has to be someone who is more reliable and consistent than Ethier.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see the Mariners go somewhere else other than Andre Either.

I think there are some solid options out there in free agency such as:
Shin-Soo Choo: May be willing to come back Seattle due to it's proximity to his native Korea.
Hunter Pence: Always liked the guy. Off to a strong start this year.
Jacoby Ellsbury: We'll see how his season develops, looks like he's laying off the HGH judging by his HR totals.
Nelson Cruz: Not sure if the Rangers let him go and his home/away splits throw up some red flags. Only has hit a career .238 in 46 career games at Safeco.
Mike Napoli: Not an outfielder but I know the Mariners expressed a lot of interest in him and seemed like they were close to signing him at one point. How the hell is he only on a 1 year $5m contract? That makes no sense to me.

A lot of these guys are sadly on the wrong side of 30 or will be getting there. But there are options out there in free agency. Would still like to see the Mariners throw everything but Zunino at Miami for Stanton.

Maybe the Mariners could make a move for Billy Butler. Although he would be another addition to the long list of Mariners who can't run.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacoby would be ideal for me. We are in dire need of speed and decent leadoff hitter and he would fit both of those nicely. What we do with Morse will play a big role in how we handle the OF going forward.