• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An alarming HOF Stat

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three members of the Hall of Fame have spent some portion of their career with the Bengals, but only Anthony Muñoz spent his entire career with the Bengals! Other 2 are Charlie Joiner and I think Terrell Owens, but they spent a majority of their careers elsewhere?

NO Ken Anderson, NO Ken Riley???????????????????????????

This should be proof that the League has discriminated against "THE MIKE BROWN SYSTEM"!

A storied franchise such as the Bengals, and only 1 member of the HOF????????????????????Come on?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three members of the Hall of Fame have spent some portion of their career with the Bengals, but only Anthony Muñoz spent his entire career with the Bengals! Other 2 are Charlie Joiner and I think Terrell Owens, but they spent a majority of their careers elsewhere?

NO Ken Anderson, NO Ken Riley???????????????????????????

This should be proof that the League has discriminated against "THE MIKE BROWN SYSTEM"!

A storied franchise such as the Bengals, and only 1 member of the HOF????????????????????Come on?

Well if it makes yo feel any better the founder of the Bengals is in the HOF.

Let's see how much you know about your team. Why did the founder of the franchise name them the Bengals?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the bust as soon as 5 years, out of the NFL and hanging around with Ryan Leaf and Mark Gatineau. All 3 inducted into Riker's Island

The Boz approves this message.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it makes yo feel any better the founder of the Bengals is in the HOF.

Let's see how much you know about your team. Why did the founder of the franchise name them the Bengals?
Everyone knows this, Paul Brown was a HUGE fan of Siegfried and Roy and especially loved white tigers.

1644607440410.png

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hall of Fame was founded in 1963. The Bengals were started in 1968. The last playoff game they won before this season was 1991. Their playoff drought of 31 years should tell you that there haven't been too many Bengals who deserved to be in the HOF.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have no idea why he named his team the Bengals. Not surprised at all. And you're not even close.
Pretty sure there was a team called the Cincinnati Bengals that played football before, not sure the time period. I am pretty sure Paul Brown named the team after them as a tribute and then the color scheme was basically a F U to the Browns ownership to play off what he had in Cleveland. That if you are not going to let me be around no more, I will just take your identity. Hence, why the uniforms looked identical to the Browns, with the one exception of the helmet which had Bengals lettered on it instead of a plain orange helmet.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a 2 Questions about the HOF

If a player has passed away, which theie is in this years class, Is their a speech given, if so by whom?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure there was a team called the Cincinnati Bengals that played football before, not sure the time period. I am pretty sure Paul Brown named the team after them as a tribute and then the color scheme was basically a F U to the Browns ownership to play off what he had in Cleveland. That if you are not going to let me be around no more, I will just take your identity. Hence, why the uniforms looked identical to the Browns, with the one exception of the helmet which had Bengals lettered on it instead of a plain orange helmet.

Yep there was a pro team from 1937 to '41 called the Cincy Bengals. As far as the color scheme. It had to be an F-U to that clueless jackass Art Modell.

I've heard people ask why isn't Modell in the HOF. He doesn't belong. He's the only owner that fired two HOF coaches.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a player has passed away, which theie is in this years class, Is their a speech given, if so by whom?

Interesting question. Not sure what the answer is as I can't recall a player that was going into the HOF but passed away shortly before the enshrinement.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting question. Not sure what the answer is as I can't recall a player that was going into the HOF but passed away shortly before the enshrinement.

Sam Mills passed in 2005. So I guess we will find out

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure on the NFL but in baseball, Roy Halladay's wife, Brandy gave his.And Roberto Clemente's widow Vera gave his. Clemente was also inducted only 7 months after his death. The HOF committee waived the 5 year waiting period.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure on the NFL but in baseball, Roy Halladay's wife, Brandy gave his.And Roberto Clemente's widow Vera gave his. Clemente was also inducted only 7 months after his death. The HOF committee waived the 5 year waiting period.

IMO then should have done the same with TB

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO then should have done the same with TB
It's still early. They might. The NHL did it for Gretz. I do agree they should though.

PS. Lou Gehrig was also waived and Ruth went in immediately when the first ballot was held, Babe had been retired 1 year, I believe.

Last edited: