• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ameripolitan

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired of the pop drivel coming out of Nashville, Dale Watson created a new genre of music, Ameripolitan, which features honkytonk, western swing, outlaw, and rockabilly.

I attended the 3rd annual Ameripolitan Awards last night.

Charlie Pride, Wanda Jackson, and Red Simpson were the lifetime achievement recipients. Seeing Charlie Pride sing a few was the highlight of my evening. Ray Benson MC'd, and the night was attended by honkytonk royalty and filled with great music.

Ameripolitan Music Awards - Ameripolitan Music

@Chewbaccer , you would have loved this shit.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired of the pop drivel coming out of Nashville, Dale Watson created a new genre of music, Ameripolitan, which features honkytonk, western swing, outlaw, and rockabilly.

I attended the 3rd annual Ameripolitan Awards last night.

Charlie Pride, Wanda Jackson, and Red Simpson were the lifetime achievement recipients. Seeing Charlie Pride sing a few was the highlight of my evening. Ray Benson MC'd, and the night was attended by honkytonk royalty and filled with great music.

Ameripolitan Music Awards - Ameripolitan Music

@Chewbaccer , you would have loved this shit.

I wish Charley Pride would come this way, but I guess he doesn't really tour much anymore. I guess he's one I'll never get to cross off my bucket list.

I would have loved to have been in attendance.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Charley Pride would come this way, but I guess he doesn't really tour much anymore. I guess he's one I'll never get to cross off my bucket list.

I would have loved to have been in attendance.
You should come to Austin the weekend before and the week of next year's Ameripolitan Awards. You'll die from the awesometude. Not that Austin doesn't have great honkytonk daily, but that week is phenomenal.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should come to Austin the weekend before and the week of next year's Ameripolitan Awards. You'll die from the awesometude. Not that Austin doesn't have great honkytonk daily, but that week is phenomenal.

I've never crossed the Mississippi River and haven't been on a real vacation since 2010. That'd definitely be something to consider.