• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ALL-Time NBA Mock Draft Semi-Game 1: 500 VS Shane

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pack 500

STARTERS
PG - Magic Johnson (30)
SG - Dwayne Wade (30)
SF - Julius Erving (30)
PF - Dirk Nowitzki (30)
C - Moses Malone (30)

BENCH
PG - Clyde Frazier (18)
SG - Sidney Moncrief (18)
SF - Carmelo Anthony (18)
PF - Chris Bosh (18)
C - Artis Gilmore (18)

VS

SHANE

PG - Jason Kidd 28 / Allen Iverson (PG - 10/SG - 8)
SG - Michael Jordan (PG - 10 --last 5 of 2nd and 4th /SG - 20) / Reggie Miller (20)
SF - Dominique Wilkins (30 / Chris Mullin (18)
PF - Karl Malone (30 / Bob McAdoo (18)
C - David Robinson (30) / Nate Thurmond(18)

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
500 - 3
Shane - 2

VOTED - Ritz, Femur, UK, Shane, WLK

Last edited:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Shane:
My matchups vs 500

Magic (Kidd will guard him)
Wade (MJ will guard him)
Erving (Dominique will guard him)
Dirk (Robinson will guard him)
Moses (Karl will guard him 6'9" 250- Moses was 6'10" 215)

I think Malone and Robinson are too much inside to handle. Having MJ on Wade is a key, Kidd is a pretty good defender but being able to play off Magic helps some in this matchup. I think my bench provides more depth especially scoring wise and I have rim protector in Thurmond.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Shane in a tough battle. Think MJ with a good squad around him would be very tough to beat. I do love the other MJ on 500's team a lot. Great game this would be.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have a best ever in the backcourt, and both have a decent match-up against. SF is a wash .I'm gonna role with what Shane posted about switching his post matchups, which is a terrible plan IMO. He posted Mailman and Moses size as if that matters...Moses would absolutely own Mailman in the post...then, you take Robinson, your 7'1" shot blocker 25' from the basket to guard Dirk.. Dirk doesn't have to shoot...he can just stand there while Magic backs Kidd down in the post and shoot hooks on him.
Bench edge goes to 500, Shane has two ball hogging shooting guards and no back up point. 500 has great defenders in Frazier and Moncrief...if Shane had another PG he might have the best team in the mock, but that and the post switch kill him here

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane votes for Shane

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have a best ever in the backcourt, and both have a decent match-up against. SF is a wash .I'm gonna role with what Shane posted about switching his post matchups, which is a terrible plan IMO. He posted Mailman and Moses size as if that matters...Moses would absolutely own Mailman in the post...then, you take Robinson, your 7'1" shot blocker 25' from the basket to guard Dirk.. Dirk doesn't have to shoot...he can just stand there while Magic backs Kidd down in the post and shoot hooks on him.
Bench edge goes to 500, Shane has two ball hogging shooting guards and no back up point. 500 has great defenders in Frazier and Moncrief...if Shane had another PG he might have the best team in the mock, but that and the post switch kill him here

I tried trading him a PG but the stubborn guy refused. Imagine Gary Payton or John Stockton on his roster.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, size does matter actually lmao not to mention Karl was a 1st team defensive player 3 times. if you think a guy that weights 35 pounds less than him is owning him your judgment is off.

Not sure why the Mailman is thought of as a bad defender when in actuality is very underappreciated and a tough defender.

You talk about all my matchup problems and you don't talk about his lack of bench. It is made up of defensive-minded guys first. Little to no offense and no shooting. Then I guess Wade=MJ lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, size does matter actually lmao not to mention Karl was a 1st team defensive player 3 times. if you think a guy that weights 35 pounds less than him is owning him your judgment is off.

Not sure why the Mailman is thought of as a bad defender when in actuality is very underappreciated and a tough defender.
OMG Shane, did you ever see Moses play? He might have been 215 as a rookie, if he was 215 in his prime then I'm 135. Moses dominated taller, bulkier CENTERS and you are putting a shorter PF on him. On par with your Mullin could guard Baylor take. Robinson should guard Moses, Mailman guard Dirk. No question

So size is a huge deal...OK, Kevin Duckworth has 100 pounds on KG, edge Duckworth. Absurd Dude

Edit...Might try google, Moses played at 260, as much as 280

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG Shane, did you ever see Moses play? He might have been 215 as a rookie, if he was 215 in his prime then I'm 135. Moses dominated taller, bulkier CENTERS and you are putting a shorter PF on him. On par with your Mullin could guard Baylor take. Robinson should guard Moses, Mailman guard Dirk. No question

So size is a huge deal...OK, Kevin Duckworth has 100 pounds on KG, edge Duckworth. Absurd Dude

Shorter...Malone was 6'10". The Mailman was one inch shorter ...Wow!
In his prime the Mailman was 265, he was stout. You must exaggerate a lot bc saying Moses would OWN the Mailman who was a better defender is crazy. Moses was a great rebounder and underrated scorer but saying he would OWN an all-around BETTER PLAYER.

Yes, the Mailman wins this matchup if you think otherwise your judgment is clouded. I'm not saying the Mailman dominates but he is a better all-around player than Moses.

Wow

You do realize Baylor has a whooping 9 pounds on Mullin. 9! You are reaching hard today

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shorter...Malone was 6'10". The Mailman was one inch shorter ...Wow!
In his prime the Mailman was 265, he was stout. You must exaggerate a lot bc saying Moses would OWN the Mailman who was a better defender is crazy. Moses was a great rebounder and underrated scorer but saying he would OWN an all-around BETTER PLAYER.

Yes, the Mailman wins this matchup if you think otherwise your judgment is clouded. I'm not saying the Mailman dominates but he is a better all-around player than Moses.

Wow

You do realize Baylor has a whooping 9 pounds on Mullin. 9! You are reaching hard today
Moses played between 260 and 280. And he was a POST PLAYER, I realize the concept is hard. He would Dominate Mailman in the post, just crush him. And you are still defending Mullin vs Baylor. We're in Alice in Wonderland Fairy Tale land now..

Mailman was a better PF. Moses was a better C. It's like your MJ as PG BS.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moses played between 260 and 280. And he was a POST PLAYER, I realize the concept is hard. He would Dominate Mailman in the post, just crush him. And you are still defending Mullin vs Baylor. We're in Alice in Wonderland Fairy Tale land now..

You voting in the other matchup or content on just messing with Shane?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moses played between 260 and 280. And he was a POST PLAYER, I realize the concept is hard. He would Dominate Mailman in the post, just crush him. And you are still defending Mullin vs Baylor. We're in Alice in Wonderland Fairy Tale land now...

So you are pointing out Moses dominates and you don't think Malone dominates Dirk. That is a BIGGER mismatch by far. But ok lol

Btw...Dirk is mismatch for just about anyone and Robinson was far more versatile defender than the Mailman who was good post defender. I had to make those changes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baylor goes off for 80 points in 18 minutes bc Mullin is an average player - UK