• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Edler to lightning ?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is the Lightning have interest in defenseman alex edler! I hear the canucks would want a package that included Bret Connolly plus another prospect and a pick. This good be a good move but the cost is high and his cap hit is 5.5 million for the next 6 year 27 years old right in his prime. Edler could play very well with victor hedman what do you guys think ?

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Edler and the deal makes sense regarding he improves our defense and gives us someone who we can pair with Hedman. To get quality, you have to give up quality. I don't like the idea of giving up Connolly but we the forwards coming through I think we have the ability to move him, personally i'd rather move someone like Palat or Panik but the Canucks are going to want Connolly unfortunately. I can see the other prospect being Barberio and the pick would be a high probably a future 1st rounder. It's an expensive deal but one the could be worth doing and Yzerman is probably thinking if I don't make the playoffs, I could be gone therefore he needs to make an aggressive move to improve the team and it's weakness which is it's defense and Edler would be a good and much needed addition.

With possibly adding Edler, that would leave the bolts with about $3.5mill of cap space. They'd probably buyout Malone so then they have the money to go and get a # 2 center, Weiss and Fippula are the most attractive one's out there from the bolts perspective.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Edler and the deal makes sense regarding he improves our defense and gives us someone who we can pair with Hedman. To get quality, you have to give up quality. I don't like the idea of giving up Connolly but we the forwards coming through I think we have the ability to move him, personally i'd rather move someone like Palat or Panik but the Canucks are going to want Connolly unfortunately. I can see the other prospect being Barberio and the pick would be a high probably a future 1st rounder. It's an expensive deal but one the could be worth doing and Yzerman is probably thinking if I don't make the playoffs, I could be gone therefore he needs to make an aggressive move to improve the team and it's weakness which is it's defense and Edler would be a good and much needed addition.

With possibly adding Edler, that would leave the bolts with about $3.5mill of cap space. They'd probably buyout Malone so then they have the money to go and get a # 2 center, Weiss and Fippula are the most attractive one's out there from the bolts perspective.

Whats up danny good to have you here! I have no issue with yzerman giving up Connolly and Barberio but I can't see yzerman giving up a future first round pick. I would say yzerman's offer for Alex Edler would be Connolly, Barberio and a 3rd round pick in 2014 and a 3rd round pick in 2015. Now would gillis take that I sure would because I fell Connolly is going to be a good 30 goal a year player in the nhl. But it's mike gillis he will ask for the moon for the canucks. This is hard for me I like Connolly and want to keep him but we really need a # 2 defenseman with hedman and Edler fits that need and is 27 years old still a pretty young guy in his prime.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah perhaps Connolly, Barberio and a couple of 3rd's would be better but I can see Gillis looking for a future 1st rounder in the deal, we shall see. Edler is the sort of defenseman we need, he's big, skilled, reliable and physical. He adds much need physicality to what is soft top 4 and he really bolsters our blueline now and going forward.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah perhaps Connolly, Barberio and a couple of 3rd's would be better but I can see Gillis looking for a future 1st rounder in the deal, we shall see. Edler is the sort of defenseman we need, he's big, skilled, reliable and physical. He adds much need physicality to what is soft top 4 and he really bolsters our blueline now and going forward.
We are so deep at the wing in the minors in a few years we won't have room for some players it would be wise to use them in a trade for Alex Edler! guy would be the perfect number 2 defenseman we have needed since forever.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok has there been any new news about Edler or has that trade been squashed.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok has there been any new news about Edler or has that trade been squashed.
it's been quiet I just think that they are asking for a home run type offer roster player, Prospect and a 1st round draft pick. Which I doubt yzerman is willing to give up connolly!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a good pickup for the Ning no doubt. They got a lot of forward depth, wouldn't be a bad move to give up some of that for what they need most: a defensive stopper. At the same time, maybe they would prefer to get multiple defensive prospects instead of 1 defensive star?

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a good pickup for the Ning no doubt. They got a lot of forward depth, wouldn't be a bad move to give up some of that for what they need most: a defensive stopper. At the same time, maybe they would prefer to get multiple defensive prospects instead of 1 defensive star?
ya doobee the defensive prospects is the way I see yzerman going like when they traded for Aulie and gave up ashton

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya doobee the defensive prospects is the way I see yzerman going like when they traded for Aulie and gave up ashton

Makes more sense IMO, why put all your eggs in 1 basket?

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Sustr that I think will be a solid D-man soon, maybe this coming year. But we could use a good one now.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Sustr that I think will be a solid D-man soon, maybe this coming year. But we could use a good one now.

he is good but I think he needs a year or 2 in the ahl he is still really raw