• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: ALCS Game One: Red Sox Hosting Tigers, October 12, 2013

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness that didn't fall in like I thought it was going to!

Last chance, Red Sox.

PULL THIS OUT!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are all the Red Sox fans ? Not very much action here all game. Good game fellas. Our pen held up. They're always scary. That was our 3rd best starting pitcher though.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Boston bats coming out as poorly as they did tonight in game 2.

I still think Boston takes this series.

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox just couldn't hit. Lester looked good, but I guess you have to give it up to the pitching of the Tigers they just made them look bad.

Good game and congrats to the Tigers on game 1.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listen to a caller on sat radio and he he was venting about the Sox and dealing prospects...

Sanchez was a BoSox prospect and was dealt for Beckett but he pointed out the Sox could have a rotation of Lester, Bucholz, Sanchez, and Masterson for the playoffs. As well as having an infield of Lowrie, Iglasias, Pedroia, Napoli, with Ortiz as DH/1B. Or substitute Hanley Rameriz who was also in the system.

I never realized how deep Boston's system was. Whoever is your head of scouting he is pretty damn good.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listen to a caller on sat radio and he he was venting about the Sox and dealing prospects...

Sanchez was a BoSox prospect and was dealt for Beckett but he pointed out the Sox could have a rotation of Lester, Bucholz, Sanchez, and Masterson for the playoffs. As well as having an infield of Lowrie, Iglasias, Pedroia, Napoli, with Ortiz as DH/1B. Or substitute Hanley Rameriz who was also in the system.

I never realized how deep Boston's system was. Whoever is your head of scouting he is pretty damn good.

Have you seen Boston's system right now? They're very slim in the minors. I'd say the Cardinals and Braves lead the way in terms of scouting and drafting. Tampa Bay is right there as well, and the Cubs have a stocked system as well.

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston has a pretty good system in the low minors to be honest. They do have some pitchers and a couple position players.

Also for the trade the Red Sox did to get Beckett and the likes they probably wouldn't have won the 07 World Series without Beckett and Lowell. So I guess you can look at it both ways. Would I love to have Hanley and Sanchez right now? Hell yes. But like I said '07 probably wouldn't have happened.