• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: ALCS Game One: Red Sox Hosting Tigers, October 12, 2013

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This afternoon's game will be started by Anibal Sanchez for Detroit,and Jon Lester for
us.

The 29 year old Sanchez has kept his WHIP below 1.30 for 5 straight seasons. It was 1.154
this season.

Lester has kept his WHIP below 1.30 5 of the last 6 seasons, and probably would have had
another such season last year with a competent manager. It was 1.294 this season.

Sanchez has a career BB/9 innings ratio of only 0.8He was a league best 0.4 this season

Lester's career w/9 ratio is 0.8 and his season number rounds off to the same.

The "Under" looks like a good vCash bet here doesn't it?

GO RED SOX! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Sox can take this game. It will be tough in game 2 if they lose this one. But all and all it should be a good game.

It goes with out saying. Go Sox!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers need Sanchez to be dealing as they still are not hitting anywhere near what they are capable of. Boston has been a good story all year. And I was impressed they took the Rays with no problem as their pitching staff looked like it could control a series.

Hope the crowd at Fenway gives Iglesias a warm reception the guy has been outstanding and a real joy to watch in the field. He has legit Ozzie like skills.

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers need Sanchez to be dealing as they still are not hitting anywhere near what they are capable of. Boston has been a good story all year. And I was impressed they took the Rays with no problem as their pitching staff looked like it could control a series.

Hope the crowd at Fenway gives Iglesias a warm reception the guy has been outstanding and a real joy to watch in the field. He has legit Ozzie like skills.

I love Iglesias sucks that we had to give him up but hey to get Peavy I guess it was somewhat worth it. He is going to be the best defensive short stop in the league next year (he already might be).

Anyway, this is going to be a good series I hope Lester comes out like he did in game one against Tampa.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez is currently with a Hopi Medicine Man channeling Justin Verlander!

Good Luck and hope this is an exciting series.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get me started on how bad our manager last year was at anything connected with pitching!

He was an all-around sorry excuse for an MLB manager, but worst at knowing when to go to the bullpen.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez is currently with a Hopi Medicine Man channeling Justin Verlander!

Good Luck and hope this is an exciting series.
When the starting lineups are announced he probably will get an ovation, quite possibly a standing one.
That's rather traditional in Boston.

Later in the game though...

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting ready for the game. I cannot wait and this is going to be a great series. I just hope the right team wins.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, St. Louis won their game against the Dodgers this afternoon. That puts them up 2 games to none
in the series. So there is definitely potential for an "All Red" (Red Sox vs Redbirds) World Series.

I was still a teenager living in Cardinal country in 1967 so I was rooting for them in the NLCS.

An "All Red" WS would be fine with me.

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first two hitters for Lester were good. Then it started to go bad for him when he faced Miguel and he hit a laser that just went foul otherwise that would have been a homerun and then he makes a bad pitch to Prince and luckily that didn't badly. Then he gets a good battle for Martinez and wins. Good top half of the inning for Lester and the Sox.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starters can getaway with bad 1st innings. Lester does have them sometimes,
but rarely consecutive bad innings.

Detroit doesn't figure to get many more chances. They'll regret not cashing in on this
one, IMO.

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox had a chance in the bottom half of the 1st. Another good inning by Lester. Lets hope he keeps it up.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let's have a bat-around inning,Red Sox! :clap:

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez is dealing right now. Although being at 60 pitches in the 3rd isn't a good thing he just seems to be fooling the batters. Also the strike zone is something to be desired.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez is dealing right now. Although being at 60 pitches in the 3rd isn't a good thing he just seems to be fooling the batters. Also the strike zone is something to be desired.
The home plate ump does seem to be calling a big strike zone.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your guys will be getting to the long guys in our pen early it looks like. That's good news for you guys in case you didn't know. :doh:

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your guys will be getting to the long guys in our pen early it looks like. That's good news for you guys in case you didn't know. :doh:

Same here Lester is at 62 pitches. Get to our bullpen other then Koji and you guys will be alright. Looks like it is going to be a pitching duel tonight...

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do tend to hit relievers better than starters, whatever team we're up against.

I would like to know where we rank on saves blown by opposing closers. It has to be very near the top of the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Red Sox under the impression they're obligated to let the other team score first?

It does seem that way sometimes.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've waited long enough, so RECTIFY THE SCORE, RED SOX!

Don't just tie it, TAKE THE LEAD!

GO RED SOX! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: