• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AJ Derby

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck of an athlete, was recruited as a dual threat QB by Florida Bama, Clemson, basically every SEC school. Florida was trying to nab him as Tebow's replacement. He chose Iowa, they switched him back and forth between, QB, TE and LB.. He wasn't exactly a great student in school (not because he wasn't intelligent) ended up at Arkansas as a TE, started a game as a QB due to injuries and led Arkansas to victory then back to TE he went.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cabin was KOA Huge they were really nice Showers and all .... the fun people .. They were up quite late Bragging up Elway and Drinking Beer and Keriokie

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck of an athlete, was recruited as a dual threat QB by Florida Bama, Clemson, basically every SEC school. Florida was trying to nab him as Tebow's replacement. He chose Iowa, they switched him back and forth between, QB, TE and LB.. He wasn't exactly a great student in school (not because he wasn't intelligent) ended up at Arkansas as a TE, started a game as a QB due to injuries and led Arkansas to victory then back to TE he went.

His speed looks really good . He seems to be that guy that is good at what ever someone needs . He is going to be great you can tell .

Arkansas Head Coach draws players . great human being

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think about it most of our players are solid at playing multiple places .

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His speed looks really good . He seems to be that guy that is good at what ever someone needs . He is going to be great you can tell .

Arkansas Head Coach draws players . great human being

i have heard brett beilema called many things, but not great human being lol

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he seems to draw a lot of good players ..

Tell me more
11306.jpg

Dr Cyanide 28 I really don't follow the pigs all that much .. he seems to get plenty transfers ..now you seem to know it ain't because what I thought about him..

The floor is all yours ..

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just is kind of an asswipe. From all i have heard (pure hearsay) just your typical jockdouche type. I picture a 'Rob Riggle' in step brothers type of person

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems Brett's players and staff really like him, but after that, not so much... But he has the important stuff down. His own like him and he has done pretty darn well at developing players to the NFL level.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call what I have heard about John Elway as a great human being either for what its worth lol uber-competitiveness can come off rather poorly

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call what I have heard about John Elway as a great human being either for what its worth lol uber-competitiveness can come off rather poorly

Right- I've been told plenty of stories about Elway by agents, past players who didn't last long etc...

He is very much a business man and some people don't like that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would be correct. My mom actually worked at a restaurant he frequented quite a bit and she cannot stand the guy. She cheers for the Broncos because she knows I like them so much but she will never cheer for Elway. She said that he just was about as arrogant as can be and made sure everybody in the restaurant knew that he was there.

Still I do think his personality type is perfect for being an NFL GM. He is driven to win at all costs. I've read stories about how much film he watches especially leading up to the draft. He doesn't usually have the connections with players or coaches so if he needs to cut somebody loose there is very little hesitation. I mean just think about that whole John Fox situation. I am willing to bet that 30 of the 32 teams in the league would not have cut a coach that just won their division 4 years in a row and had the 2nd best winning percentage during that time. Elway saw that Fox wouldn't get them over the hump though. I think KC is stuck in that situation right now where Reid is a good coach but just can't get a team over the hump. He will keep getting hired because he wins a lot of games but I just struggle to see him leading a team to a Super Bowl.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most arrogant professional player I have met was Joe Montana, in New Jersey. Went to a sporting even when I was in 9th grade. It was a big money event and all these athletes were suppose to interact with fans as they got paid to do it. Joe and Jerry Rice sat off to the side in a blocked off area. Smoked cigars and got their money, Didn't talk to fans...

Ironically, it was the month before Peyton Manning became the first overall #1 pick, and I must say he and Barry Switzer were the nicest guys at the event.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most arrogant professional player I have met was Joe Montana, in New Jersey. Went to a sporting even when I was in 9th grade. It was a big money event and all these athletes were suppose to interact with fans as they got paid to do it. Joe and Jerry Rice sat off to the side in a blocked off area. Smoked cigars and got their money, Didn't talk to fans...

Ironically, it was the month before Peyton Manning became the first overall #1 pick, and I must say he and Barry Switzer were the nicest guys at the event.

They come in all shapes and sizes. I have heard a lot of great stories about Manning. I mean we hear all the time about the letters he would write to people but I also know every single home game he would bring some family going through a tough time to the game. Fly them out for the weekend and pay for everything then meet with them for a bit before the game. He also would call fans that were on their death bed that family members had written to him. I really don't think we will have anybody quite like Manning ever again in the NFL. That could also be though why him being a GM is not in his best interest. While I think he has a mind for it and I know he has actually trained for it by watching film with other GM's and actually looking at draft prospects then turning in his work to his coaching staff to show them what he saw in the kid but I'm not sure he could be the calculated businessman you need to be to last in the business.

I really do think that for Elway a big part of his success is the fact that he can stay so disconnected from those around him. He doesn't have a problem letting somebody know when they are not living up to expectations and he is not afraid to walk away from deals he knows are bad just because the player is likable.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They come in all shapes and sizes. I have heard a lot of great stories about Manning. I mean we hear all the time about the letters he would write to people but I also know every single home game he would bring some family going through a tough time to the game. Fly them out for the weekend and pay for everything then meet with them for a bit before the game. He also would call fans that were on their death bed that family members had written to him. I really don't think we will have anybody quite like Manning ever again in the NFL. That could also be though why him being a GM is not in his best interest. While I think he has a mind for it and I know he has actually trained for it by watching film with other GM's and actually looking at draft prospects then turning in his work to his coaching staff to show them what he saw in the kid but I'm not sure he could be the calculated businessman you need to be to last in the business.

I really do think that for Elway a big part of his success is the fact that he can stay so disconnected from those around him. He doesn't have a problem letting somebody know when they are not living up to expectations and he is not afraid to walk away from deals he knows are bad just because the player is likable.

He and his family is going to buy The Broncos I feel it ...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love that! They are a family that loves winning so I feel they would continue the tradition of great play in Denver

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning loves Denver Area you can tell

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he does.

P.S. - Poor some Alex Gibbs sweat on the OL and we will be fine.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD is right about The QB getting to deep and hurting the OL also .. He needs to step up in the pocket and keep his eyes down field .