• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Accountability

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accountability in New Jersey - In Lou We Trust

I like this write up because I feel it brings out the fans emotions and feelings towards our roster decisions

If Lars or Gelly had made the pass that Zidlicky made on Tuesday night, I can guarantee you that the offender would be the one in the press box for the next game.

FTW!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've hated this for the past few years. These types of mistakes make it impossible for me to fully invest in Zids. At this point he is what he is but for some reason it's more acceptable for him to make that play than one of the young guys, despite the fact that the young guys can learn from that and improve. That's not the case with Zidlicky.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the vets on d have looked 10000x worse then the kids.

go figure! but nothing will change because lou is in charge.

lou sees this going on and people believe he is soooooooooooooo involved in this team so why isnt he getting involved.

i saw the movie moneyball and i get that its hollywooded up and all that but still i'm sure the gm has some input on roster moves and choices like that. otherwise he is putting his own career in the hands of the coach which would be pretty stupid.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You'll go crazy trying to make sense of DeBoer. He's like an idiot savant that has the communication skills of a cow, the brain makeup and pettiness of a 5 year old boy, and an unrivaled understanding of hockey tactics.

It has been 4 years now so expecting anything more as a fan is asking for trouble.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

lou sees this going on and people believe he is soooooooooooooo involved in this team so why isnt he getting involved.

i saw the movie moneyball and i get that its hollywooded up and all that but still i'm sure the gm has some input on roster moves and choices like that. otherwise he is putting his own career in the hands of the coach which would be pretty stupid.

Only the bad GMs would demand roster choices from a coach. He'll get a reputation and only be able to hire bad coaches. Eventually he'd lose his job and likely be forced to work as a broadcaster since nobody will give him another job on a team.

Lou did actually do stuff they did in Moneyball. He took away enough defensemen this offseason to force Pete into playing atleast 1 of the 2 guys he hates.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1 cup run on the backs of kovy parise and fortunate playoff matchups.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've hated this for the past few years. These types of mistakes make it impossible for me to fully invest in Zids. At this point he is what he is but for some reason it's more acceptable for him to make that play than one of the young guys, despite the fact that the young guys can learn from that and improve. That's not the case with Zidlicky.

man I've been so hating on Zids for his lack of defense for a long time!!!!

(there'll be times he's alright) but he's main/goal is to play offense... it freaking sucks!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is that more on Lou or PDB?

Petey should grow a pair and bench Zids....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 cup run on the backs of kovy parise and fortunate playoff matchups.

idk about the backs of Kovy(guy was hurt and almost a non factor) or "fortunate" matchups.... We barely survived the FLA series, we shockingly(expectation wise, not play wise) destroyed the flyers(team who killed us in the reg. season as well as light up the scoreboard like a football gm vs the pens) and beat down NYR!!!!!

then the kings.... :L

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
idk about the backs of Kovy(guy was hurt and almost a non factor) or "fortunate" matchups.... We barely survived the FLA series, we shockingly(expectation wise, not play wise) destroyed the flyers(team who killed us in the reg. season as well as light up the scoreboard like a football gm vs the pens) and beat down NYR!!!!!

then the kings.... :L

just imagine if we played anyone but florida then?

also the flyers coming off a big series win against their biggest rivals (see what happened to us in final)

rangers coming off 2 8 game series.

definitely were lucky not to get the pens or the bruins that year.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Only the bad GMs would demand roster choices from a coach. He'll get a reputation and only be able to hire bad coaches. Eventually he'd lose his job and likely be forced to work as a broadcaster since nobody will give him another job on a team.

Lou did actually do stuff they did in Moneyball. He took away enough defensemen this offseason to force Pete into playing atleast 1 of the 2 guys he hates.

lets not kid ourselves here everyone in the nhl knows what lou's rep is already.

looking at his reputation on coaches he has i think thats a bigger worry to possible candidates.

he is the guy that is giving out these contracts too. salvador shouldn't have gotten that deal. zidlicky i would've let walk this year and greene so far hasn't deserved that extension. dont get me started on the forwards situation

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just imagine if we played anyone but florida then?

also the flyers coming off a big series win against their biggest rivals (see what happened to us in final)

rangers coming off 2 8 game series.

definitely were lucky not to get the pens or the bruins that year.

well you are right about the rags coming off to 7 game series... that's true... but we were also playing very hot and well with our forechecking and timely goals...

we ended up playing a better and younger version of ourselves in the finals with more skills and power along with a "hotter" goalie in Quick(marty wasn't bad tbh)

Also, in the finals vs the Kings, we let gm 1 n 2 get away from us!!! but that's neither here nor there... Flyers had every right to continue their streak since they ended their series earlier than we did... we went to gm 7 OT too....

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Devils got a lot of luck going to the finals that year. The rags were a super easy matchup because their system didn't work against a goalie that plays the puck. The Flyers had already won their stanley cup and were completely drained by the time they faced the Devils. If the Devils drew Boston in any round they would have been knocked out 4-0.

They were better than that Kings team anyways. The Kings were very lucky though and pulled out enough wins. Thats just how hockey rolls. sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. It's what differentiates the cup winner from the cup losers.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know guys, seems we talk about this over and over.

The 2012 run was great except not winning the cup. Even that series as Calamity points out was few breaks, posts, a crossbar from the Devils winning.

We make it sound like that was the 2000 Devils playing that year. I remember hating the fact that they drew the Panthers the first round. Panthers always give the Devils a hard time and that had 7 games written all over it.

Also, that series was a tossup with experts. Many picked the Panthers with the way the Devils flopped playoff series in recent years.

Flyers were heavily favored and so were the Rangers.
Kings were also favorites.

I think that was a heck of a run by this team.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know rp but it's the only happy memory I have in the past 10 years of being a Devils fan

Lou lives in the past so can I!!!!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils got a lot of luck going to the finals that year. The rags were a super easy matchup because their system didn't work against a goalie that plays the puck. The Flyers had already won their stanley cup and were completely drained by the time they faced the Devils. If the Devils drew Boston in any round they would have been knocked out 4-0.

They were better than that Kings team anyways. The Kings were very lucky though and pulled out enough wins. Thats just how hockey rolls. sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. It's what differentiates the cup winner from the cup losers.

That and the NHL had decided they would be Cup champions... NO way that game was going back to Jersey... kinda like the Colorado and Ray Borque Cup finals as well...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If lou gets the credit for building cup winners he gets the credit for this crap now

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol nah tilo doesnt post Here anymore and Dw doesn't read these threads