• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A-Wad Goes AWOL!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Rodriguez (hip) was scheduled to play with High-A Tampa on Friday night but didn't report to the ballpark.
Rodriguez met with Major League Baseball officials on Friday to discuss his involvement with the Biogenesis clinic. After the meeting, he was scheduled to play in his seventh rehab game. A-Rod didn't show up at the ballpark, eventually telling the Yankees he wasn't going to play in the game. Luckily, the contest was postponed due to rain. Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, having learned from a recent outburst toward the former star, refused to comment about the New York Post's report. Rodriguez is in Tampa's lineup on Saturday. Jul 13 - 5:59 PM
Source: New York Post

There's no truth to the reports that Mr. Rodriguez said "It's my ball and i'm going home!". :laugh3:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Rodriguez (hip) was scheduled to play with High-A Tampa on Friday night but didn't report to the ballpark.
Rodriguez met with Major League Baseball officials on Friday to discuss his involvement with the Biogenesis clinic. After the meeting, he was scheduled to play in his seventh rehab game. A-Rod didn't show up at the ballpark, eventually telling the Yankees he wasn't going to play in the game. Luckily, the contest was postponed due to rain. Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, having learned from a recent outburst toward the former star, refused to comment about the New York Post's report. Rodriguez is in Tampa's lineup on Saturday. Jul 13 - 5:59 PM
Source: New York Post

There's no truth to the reports that Mr. Rodriguez said "It's my ball and i'm going home!". :laugh3:

:L I have been the one of the most liberal people towards the HGH user, but it is time for this guy to be giving the boot. At this point maybe the Yankees just need to eat the contract and cut all ties with him.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L I have been the one of the most liberal people towards the HGH user, but it is time for this guy to be giving the boot. At this point maybe the Yankees just need to eat the contract and cut all ties with him.

Man, that's a lot of money...the perfect scenario would be for him to retire and the Yankees to collect on insurance, but his ego would never let him do that even with all the crap that's goin' down.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be significant.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be significant.

Alex Rodriguez could be facing up to a 150-game suspension from MLB for his connection with the Biogenesis clinic, according to the New York Daily News.
Rodriguez had a lengthy meeting with MLB officials on Friday and failed to report to his rehab game with Class A Tampa later that night. The suspension, according to the story, would likely be the result of a plea deal on Rodriguez' part. A suspension of that length, which would be a combination of the suspensions levied for first and second offenses for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs, could be a death blow to the 37-year-old's career. A-Rod is currently rehabbing from a hip injury. He's scheduled to return to the Yankees on July 22. Jul 14 - 12:15 AM

Yep, could be.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does any of this have to do with Manny Ramirez having 2 home runs in 21 at bats?:noidea:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much to do about nothin...

maan6.jpg

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do my best. :suds:

A-Rod is a frigging idiot. I think he thinks he is just too good to play in a minor league game and that's why he didn't show.

A-Rod is going to piss around and give the Yankees good reasons NOT to honor that contract if he isn't very careful.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it sounded kind of weird when I first heard that A-Rod was going to play in a minor league game and I remember thinking WTF? I don't think he's going to like that very much!