• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A mind boggling Phillies stat.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guy watches a few survival shows.. says "i can do better in the wild than this guy."

guy reads a few medical books.. says "i can perform surgery better than this guy."

guy watches some sports games.. says "i can make better moves than this guy."

no, you can't run a team better than amaro. you would be completely lost and shit yourself within 5 minutes. just because he makes some bad decisions, it doesn't erase the many years of knowledge, information and structure that exists. he is simply the worst of the existing pool. but 99.99999999% of the population are nowhere near qualified to even come close to that pool. we all have no clue about various rules and restrictions that exist. procedure that has to be followed. loopholes, forms, agents. the list can go on for a long time.

if people feel i'm being a dick, so be it. all i've seen here, outside of probably a few weeks since ESPN shut down its forums, is just whining. it's why i stopped giving huge prospect updates and just stopped posting in general. it's way beyond boring. we get it, amaro is a bad GM. the fucker has no power and is just a figurehead. every thread i click on it has to have amaro bashing in it though and how he's going to keep ruining the team. INSANE.

and you mention howard, yes.. i was one of maybe 3 posters total, out of like 100, that greatly opposed his extension. i was told to shut up, it's not my money, we have a ton to spend, etc. i went into detail about how bad it will be in the upcoming years. but no, we were winning.. and fans can't hear any bad news. and just like i mentioned.. now that we're losing, we can't hear any good news.

fans are blind.

I wish you would simplify you're tirades with less verbage so I don't have to wade thru it all to find you just want a pat on the back for being lucky with the I told you so when Howard went down on his Achilles. And now you're whining because fans are whining about Howard. It's life. No one has the crystal ball. I was for the signing but I but never thought he would fall off the cliff. The real problem is that Amaro never knew how to compensate for it. There's a lot to whine about there.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guy watches a few survival shows.. says "i can do better in the wild than this guy."

guy reads a few medical books.. says "i can perform surgery better than this guy."

no, you can't run a team better than amaro. you would be completely lost and shit yourself within 5 minutes. just because he makes some bad decisions, it doesn't erase the many years of knowledge, information and structure that exists. he is simply the worst of the existing pool. but 99.99999999% of the population are nowhere near qualified to even come close to that pool. we all have no clue about various rules and restrictions that exist. procedure that has to be followed. loopholes, forms, agents. the list can go on for a long time.

if people feel i'm being a dick, so be it. all i've seen here, outside of probably a few weeks since ESPN shut down its forums, is just whining. it's why i stopped giving huge prospect updates and just stopped posting in general. it's way beyond boring. we get it, amaro is a bad GM. the fucker has no power and is just a figurehead. every thread i click on it has to have amaro bashing in it though and how he's going to keep ruining the team. INSANE.

and you mention howard, yes.. i was one of maybe 3 posters total, out of like 100, that greatly opposed his extension. i was told to shut up, it's not my money, we have a ton to spend, etc. i went into detail about how bad it will be in the upcoming years. but no, we were winning.. and fans can't hear any bad news. and just like i mentioned.. now that we're losing, we can't hear any good news.

fans are blind.
Years of knowledge and information? I am smarter than Amaro and Montgomery. Plus I am more qualified with common sense and business acumen. But I admit that is not hard to do. I can assure you that I know the difference between at bats and plate appearances. I can tell you that On base percentage is important. I can tell you that using advanced metrics is wise. Put me in the front office
and I would show how lost those overpaid buffoons are. However since we have a new president
incoming and the probability that Amaro will be replaced they will not need me. last but not least, you have stirred the boards and that is good. Reminds me a little of the old ESPN boards.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fans are blind.

Yes, _phillies is always right. Except when he's not. Like when he supported the Burnett signing and the Ruiz resigning.

Look dude, it should be apparent to you by now that fantards will always complain. That's a given. But that doesn't mean that fans who actually keep up with the team and know what's good and what's not can't voice their displeasure when they see their team doing something wrong- something like holding on to a 37 year old pitcher whose peripherals indicate that he will come back to Earth.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am serious! Why let the availability of a good pitcher pass us by. If we wait until next year we will be looking at expensive free agents that demand stupid multi-million dollar contracts. The pitchers that are available at trade deadline will already be under contract. I am not talking about a rental. Rentals are for teams that are in the race for a playoff spot. Preparing for a crucial need is sensible. Whether it is a middle of the pack type pitcher or not
does not matter. This type of thinking is based on a we can be better next season with dependable pitching.
Forward thinking can be constructive. The Phillies are a team that is under construction!

I haven't been watching the news lately--Is pot legal everywhere now?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a rumor that Amaro will add Mike Adams and Joe Savory to replace this weeks' reassignees O"Sullivan and Correia.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's got to be a record.... So the Phillies have that going for them :D

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree jvett. Little nitwit can't seem to stop his addiction.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I must say that is one hell of a ballpark you guys have there. Went in August.
Thanks! I would like to visit Fenway one day. I am sure that it is nostalgic!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! I would like to visit Fenway one day. I am sure that it is nostalgic!

Welcome. My fiance LOVED your cheese fries!

Fenway is Nostalgic that's for sure but your legs and neck will hurt because most of the seats and cramped and they don't actually face the plate, they face the outfield so that sucks.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome. My fiance LOVED your cheese fries!

Fenway is Nostalgic that's for sure but your legs and neck will hurt because most of the seats and cramped and they don't actually face the plate, they face the outfield so that sucks.

So the green monster has the best view?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the green monster has the best view?

Yes I would have to say that, with the exception of behind home plate (most room for a seat, minus the luxury boxes) The only problem with part of the Monsta seats is you can't see all of leftfield, you get blocked a little