• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few thoughts a couple weeks in...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-The growing pains of Emmanuel Mudiay are infuriating, considering he has more turnovers than assists on the season. I still think he's going to have a good career, but he still quite likely is going to prove to be yet another prime example of why the NBA needs to raise its age limit. And yet, we still got some numbskulls working within our league's boundaries that think our current age limit is too high.:L It's not that Mudiay isn't talented enough, or that it's an issue with attitude. He's just very, very young. A boy playing amongst men. You have to give him tremendous credit for being out there and making the effort.

-The Pacers are 3-4 and that's fine. We knew this team was going to be a work-in-progress, but some tweaks are needed. It's time to bench Monta Ellis in favor of C.J. Miles. Ellis kills us defensively, and he more longer has the offensive game to make up for it. Jeff Teague was brought in the be the primary facilitator on offense, and Ellis' skill set in the starting unit does not mesh with Teague at all.

-I still have hope that we could bring Gordon Hayward back home to Indiana next summer. While he really isn't known for his defense either, Hayward at least brings size and length to the table, something Ellis does not. Such a move would signal an extreme makeover to the Pacers' bench play. We would likely have to let Miles walk as well as find a taker for the remainder of the contract of Rodney Stuckey. Stuckey has some skills but has had trouble staying on the court the last two seasons...

-The top threat in the Cavs' eastern conference title defense is not Toronto, Boston, or Indiana. It's Atlanta, as evident by last night's game. The have the elements this year that they did not have the last few years when the Cavs owned them. I picked them to take the Cavs to seven this year (HurricaneDij's 2016-17 NBA Outlook (September 2016)). The addition of Dennis Schroder to their starting lineup will make Kyrie Irving work on the opposite end of the court, and Dwight Howard gives them the space eater that Al Horford was not. And of course, Paul Millsap is still the heart and soul of the team. Don't sleep on the Hawks...

-Bobby Portis has the most offensive upside of any Bulls big man, and I'm pretty sure he's no slouch defensively. Portis is averaging 6.2 points and 3.7 rebounds in barely over ten minutes per game. He just needs a chance to play. As much as I love Taj Gibson and his true professionalism, he will head into free agency after the season and someone is going to overvalue him. He's this year's Ian Mahinmi...

- @Mecca Could Wilson Chandler be the answer to the Clippers' SF woes? I've always liked Wes Johnson and wanted him for the Nuggets the year the Lakers nabbed him. I think he'd be a good glue guy for the Nuggs. My trade proposal is Chandler packaged with one of the 2nd rounders we got from OKC in the Lauvergne deal in exchange for Johnson, Pierce (to be bought out), and a future first rounder...How's that sound? Denver is going to eventually have to trade someone, and should have moved Kenneth Faried to Portland while they had the chance (Kenneth Faried Trade Idea).

- @Shaqdaddy11 Unfortunately (at least for the two of us), Trump is our 45th president. WTF are we going to do now?:scratch::mad2:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-The growing pains of Emmanuel Mudiay are infuriating, considering he has more turnovers than assists on the season. I still think he's going to have a good career, but he still quite likely is going to prove to be yet another prime example of why the NBA needs to raise its age limit. And yet, we still got some numbskulls working within our league's boundaries that think our current age limit is too high.:L It's not that Mudiay isn't talented enough, or that it's an issue with attitude. He's just very, very young. A boy playing amongst men. You have to give him tremendous credit for being out there and making the effort.

-The Pacers are 3-4 and that's fine. We knew this team was going to be a work-in-progress, but some tweaks are needed. It's time to bench Monta Ellis in favor of C.J. Miles. Ellis kills us defensively, and he more longer has the offensive game to make up for it. Jeff Teague was brought in the be the primary facilitator on offense, and Ellis' skill set in the starting unit does not mesh with Teague at all.

-I still have hope that we could bring Gordon Hayward back home to Indiana next summer. While he really isn't known for his defense either, Hayward at least brings size and length to the table, something Ellis does not. Such a move would signal an extreme makeover to the Pacers' bench play. We would likely have to let Miles walk as well as find a taker for the remainder of the contract of Rodney Stuckey. Stuckey has some skills but has had trouble staying on the court the last two seasons...

-The top threat in the Cavs' eastern conference title defense is not Toronto, Boston, or Indiana. It's Atlanta, as evident by last night's game. The have the elements this year that they did not have the last few years when the Cavs owned them. I picked them to take the Cavs to seven this year (HurricaneDij's 2016-17 NBA Outlook (September 2016)). The addition of Dennis Schroder to their starting lineup will make Kyrie Irving work on the opposite end of the court, and Dwight Howard gives them the space eater that Al Horford was not. And of course, Paul Millsap is still the heart and soul of the team. Don't sleep on the Hawks...

-Bobby Portis has the most offensive upside of any Bulls big man, and I'm pretty sure he's no slouch defensively. Portis is averaging 6.2 points and 3.7 rebounds in barely over ten minutes per game. He just needs a chance to play. As much as I love Taj Gibson and his true professionalism, he will head into free agency after the season and someone is going to overvalue him. He's this year's Ian Mahinmi...

- @Mecca Could Wilson Chandler be the answer to the Clippers' SF woes? I've always liked Wes Johnson and wanted him for the Nuggets the year the Lakers nabbed him. I think he'd be a good glue guy for the Nuggs. My trade proposal is Chandler packaged with one of the 2nd rounders we got from OKC in the Lauvergne deal in exchange for Johnson, Pierce (to be bought out), and a future first rounder...How's that sound? Denver is going to eventually have to trade someone, and should have moved Kenneth Faried to Portland while they had the chance (Kenneth Faried Trade Idea).

- @Shaqdaddy11 Unfortunately (at least for the two of us), Trump is our 45th president. WTF are we going to do now?:scratch::mad2:

I think Chandler's price may be a bit higher than salary dump and a future first round pick. Considering he's locked up at a really cap friendly price for 3 years, I think he'd be worth a lot more to some teams. He would be ideal for the Clips, but doubt they have enough to make it work. I think you'd be selling short by trading him for a low future first.

Love Portis' game. I thought he played really well last year and curious why he's not playing more.

Hayward would be nice in Indy, but you guys need to shore up that defense first. He's not solving much there.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chandler's price may be a bit higher than salary dump and a future first round pick. Considering he's locked up at a really cap friendly price for 3 years, I think he'd be worth a lot more to some teams. He would be ideal for the Clips, but doubt they have enough to make it work. I think you'd be selling short by trading him for a low future first.

Love Portis' game. I thought he played really well last year and curious why he's not playing more.

Hayward would be nice in Indy, but you guys need to shore up that defense first. He's not solving much there.

Chandler has a bitch of a time staying healthy...Just curious what you think the market is going to be like for him. Especially in a potential contender's rotation....

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler has a bitch of a time staying healthy...Just curious what you think the market is going to be like for him. Especially in a potential contender's rotation....

I think at worst you could flip him to the Celtics for two first rounders and Amir Johnson's expiring deal. They might even throw in a prospect instead of a pick like Smart or Rozier. Hell Boston was willing to give up 4 picks for Kaminsky and Ainge has shown an inability (other than Jaylen Brown, who looks really good) to draft well.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers are looking pretty good so far. The Raptors are 4 and 2 but have a big test tonight vs. the Thunder.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing that stands out so far is John Wall looks to be totally over being on the Wizards. He looks pissed all the time

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing that stands out so far is John Wall looks to be totally over being on the Wizards. He looks pissed all the time

I would be too if I see guys like Beal and Mahinmi getting paid like they currently are...Wall probably does not get the leaguewide respect he deserves.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at worst you could flip him to the Celtics for two first rounders and Amir Johnson's expiring deal. They might even throw in a prospect instead of a pick like Smart or Rozier. Hell Boston was willing to give up 4 picks for Kaminsky and Ainge has shown an inability (other than Jaylen Brown, who looks really good) to draft well.

LOL one would be on crack if they gave up Smart for Wilson freakin Chandler. Still, it would be interesting and quite challenging to picture Mudiay and Marcus Smart coexisting of the same team.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi You're right on the money on this one. Chandler has played out of his mind this season when on the court. I'd take a package of Rozier, a first rounder, plus an expiring contract (Jerebko or Amir Johnson) for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 first rounders for Wilson Chandler?????

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just noticed that one. Apparently Jim Buss is going to run the Celtics' operations now.:yahoo:
the Cavs got a 1st rounder and a pick swap of a first rounder just for Ramon Sessions from Buss--- well that and Dan G. helping the Lakers out by taking Luke Walton's bad money contract- so you joke but you are actually pretty darn close to the mark...and Chandler is a helluva lot better than Ramon Sessions. lol.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 first rounders for Wilson Chandler?????

The Celtics offered 4 picks for Kaminsky. FOUR!

Couple factors would be:

1) Celtics have largely swung and missed on most of their draft picks.
2) It seems that lately draft picks values have been on the decline in general, outside of the high lottery. The Jazz traded a lottery pick for George Hill.
3) Celtics have a 3 year window with Thomas, Crowder and Bradley all on really, really cheap contracts. They can't afford to keep drafting for the future.
4) The Celtics wouldn't have to trade the Nets pick, which is their biggest asset, to make this work. The picks they could probably trade would be the 2019 Clippers and 2019 Memphis picks, which would likely be in the low to high 20's.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi You're right on the money on this one. Chandler has played out of his mind this season when on the court. I'd take a package of Rozier, a first rounder, plus an expiring contract (Jerebko or Amir Johnson) for him.

Chandler has always been good, IMO, for as long as he's been on the court. Problem with him has always been his ability to keep healthy. He's 6'8", can play the 2-4 positions in a pinch, decent handle, good defense, good rebounder and a fantastic scorer.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celts have hit on Bradley Smart Rozier and Brown. They did just ok with Sully and Kelly. Failed with Young for sure. Great trades for Turner, IT and Crowder.

The 2011/12 years were bad on drafting. Its getting better now. Dancing Bear will be seen as a steal in this draft and in the NBA next year.

I agree that Jerebko/Johnson is the package, but who knows who is selling.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler has always been good, IMO, for as long as he's been on the court. Problem with him has always been his ability to keep healthy. He's 6'8", can play the 2-4 positions in a pinch, decent handle, good defense, good rebounder and a fantastic scorer.

The funny thing is though, the Nuggets were only a game and a half back of a playoff spot heading into tonight.

While I'm never a fan of tanking, I still think we need to cash in come February and make good on this player's trade value that will probably never be higher.

Making the playoffs and getting out asses beat by Golden State would not be worth it in this instance.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celts have hit on Bradley Smart Rozier and Brown. They did just ok with Sully and Kelly. Failed with Young for sure. Great trades for Turner, IT and Crowder.

The 2011/12 years were bad on drafting. Its getting better now. Dancing Bear will be seen as a steal in this draft and in the NBA next year.

I agree that Jerebko/Johnson is the package, but who knows who is selling.

At this point, Denver probably won't accept anything less than Rozier, Johnson, and a first rounder for Wilson Chandler.