• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few gems, post Caps-Pens nooner:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per japersrink:

For all of the talk about how upset the Penguins were with David Steckel for colliding with Sidney Crosby on New Year's Day, they responded by sending a guy playing his second NHL game in the past two seasons to challenge Steckel to drop the gloves in the third period (which Steckel obliged, ditching his bucket and all). So, to recap, an AHLer who didn't even play in the Winter Classic fought while the rest of the Penguins did exactly what they did in response to the hit on January 1 - nothing.

Unlike Steckel, who gave a Penguin a go when challenged in response to what they felt was a questionable hit, Matt Cooke didn't accept Matt Bradley 's invitation to fight after Cooke was done serving his two-minute minor for kneeing Alex Ovechkin. In fact, Cooke didn't skate another shift on the afternoon. Maybe he was waiting for Brent Johnson to fight this battle for him, too.

Another question for the boys...who may actually check thhis page and read it in a month:

With the potential of retaliation against David Steckel for his skating straight ahead and being interfered with by Sid.....

...and an all AHL lineup for an angry, desperate and pugnaciuos Penguins team...

...and a rivalry that is getting nastier and nastier by the period....

IF you traded away a promising prospect for DJ King.....to toughen up the lineup, was this not the perfect game for him to get a sweater???? Green got hurt, essentially eliminating Erskine's ability to be a tough guy (don't want to skate with 4 d-men for 5 or more minutes). The Pens have Cooke, Talbot and Rupp in their lineup as regular members and dressed Derek Englland. As much as the Shittsburgh bloggers may want to think that Stecks is a jobber no-name, he is #1 in the league in face off percentage and an important part of the Caps. Hendricks got a decent shot early and was not his normal physical self after that hit. This was the exact type of game we supposedly got King for.

WTF....

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....Except King can't win a fight with himself, muchless anyone good...Plus I wouldn't call Stefan Della Rovere a "promisisng prospect"...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....Except King can't win a fight with himself, muchless anyone good...Plus I wouldn't call Stefan Della Rovere a "promisisng prospect"...

Hockey'sfuture tends to disagree with you on Della Rovere. He was the perfect agitator,scorer, dressing room guy that we will need down the line. He is basically a more skilled Matt Hendricks. Even if you do not agree with this write up, his stats or his rise to captaincy everywhere he goes, he is certainly a better fit and has a better future than DJ King has...

Prospect Stefan Della Rovere Player Profile - Hockey's Future

As for King winning the fight, I don't care if he wins, but he needs to be out there for that kind of game if that is specifically what we brought him in for...

Terrible offseason trade by a guy who is 100% right, 99% of the time, in GMGM

(BTW, congrats on the Super Bowl win, I know you are feeling pretty high right now. Aaaron Rogers and that team are very easy to like, and although I was rooting for the other side, I enjoyed seeing those guys win it :))