• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9.16 Exhibition in Denver

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we make the playoff (IFFFFF) we ain’t getting past whomever we play in the first round. I, personally, don’t really care if we make the playoffs this year. This is a BAD team that isn’t going anywhere.

If not for the basketballization of the MLB, playoffs wouldn’t even be a passing thought for this team on the way to the john at 2:00 AM.
I don't mind the 3rd wild card giving teams some hope even if they aren't top level contenders. The best thing about it is the elimination of the 1 game play in game. Baseball is about series, I like this better.

If we squeak in we have to win 2 of 3 in Milwaukee. Not impossible. But we won't be doing that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still sore that Decker never worked out as their catcher of the future. And that reminds me, what happened to him being the next manager after Bochy retired? Oh that's right, FZ happened.
Kapler isn't the problem with this team. FZ might be though.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the 3rd wild card giving teams some hope even if they aren't top level contenders. The best thing about it is the elimination of the 1 game play in game. Baseball is about series, I like this better.

If we squeak in we have to win 2 of 3 in Milwaukee. Not impossible. But we won't be doing that.
The 3rd WC also pretty much killed the trade deadline (okay, okay, maybe an overstatement but it did make a difference in who was willing to trade players).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still sore that Decker never worked out as their catcher of the future. And that reminds me, what happened to him being the next manager after Bochy retired? Oh that's right, FZ happened.
He went on a manager tour in the minors for a while, and then was a roving instructor for a while. I think he fizzled before Boch ever stepped down, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kapler isn't the problem with this team. FZ might be though.
Kap may be a problem, but it is like a gnat in the ear (Kap) while a bald eagle is crapping on your head (FZ). They are both a “problem”, but one outshines the other on a logarithmic scale.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went on a manager tour in the minors for a while, and then was a roving instructor for a while. I think he fizzled before Boch ever stepped down, though.
Yeah, I remember being surprised when they moved him out of the minor leagues as a manager. Seemed weird with the hype surrounding him. I think Meulens then became the next future manger guy.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not but I'm not convinced he is the solution either. His only season managing where he looked good doing it was in 2021.
Managers are not really what matters in this game. Lots of mediocre ones have won titles and lots of good ones haven't. This is the least 'team' game of the big sports, talent is what matters more than coaching. And of course the playoffs are short sample size random number generators.

FZ has not gotten enough talent on the team, especially hitting.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap may be a problem, but it is like a gnat in the ear (Kap) while a bald eagle is crapping on your head (FZ). They are both a “problem”, but one outshines the other on a logarithmic scale.
Like I said, managers aren't a big deal either way. I'm fine with Kap as manager, and he did deserve that MOY in 2021

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, managers aren't a big deal either way. I'm fine with Kap and manager, and he did deserve that MOY in 2021
He deserved it, no question.

And I also don’t think he should be fired right now. I WANT him to be fired, but that is purely emotional, and I wouldn’t support the action (unless it came with FZ being shown the door as well). Firing Kap at this point would be nothing but a scapegoat maneuver. FZ is the responsible party here. If he is given more time, than let him keep the reins until he is jettisoned.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stripling is the first Giants' pitcher to allow ONLY 1 run in an inning today. We won't mention that he is the 3rd pitcher of the game for the Giants. Whoops, I just did.
Niiiiice…

:yes:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit pitching.

Shit umping.

I'm not even going to post a thread for game 2 -- this team disgusts me.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserved it, no question.

And I also don’t think he should be fired right now. I WANT him to be fired, but that is purely emotional, and I wouldn’t support the action (unless it came with FZ being shown the door as well). Firing Kap at this point would be nothing but a scapegoat maneuver. FZ is the responsible party here. If he is given more time, than let him keep the reins until he is jettisoned.
I’m ok with them letting them both go, even though I read they are coming back for 2024. The question is who would we get to replace them ? For manager I’m all for giving our past bench / 3rd base coach with all the minor manager league experience who won titles before he became our bench coach. He should have taken over after Bochy left. Now what was his name again ? First Giant fan who gets it right gets two points (which add up to nothing).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m ok with them letting them both go, even though I read they are coming back for 2024. The question is who would we get to replace them ? For manager I’m all for giving our past bench / 3rd base coach with all the minor manager league experience who won titles before he became our bench coach. He should have taken over after Bochy left. Now what was his name again ? First Giant fan who gets it right gets two points (which add up to nothing).
Ron Wotus.

He is too tied to the previous administration. Any GM who comes in will want to go with his own guy.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Wotus.

He is too tied to the previous administration. Any GM who comes in will want to go with his own guy.
It don’t make it right.

And yes you are correct. You can give yourself two points and hang on your fridge at any time this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never let anyone go unless you've better replacements. That's what management should be looking for, better replacements. Unless we have better, keep what we have (unfortunately)