• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/15 GDT Zeets @ Slytherin

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Come on ump, you got to break that up.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you wear out your hip cartilage?

I refereed over 600 youth and high school and college soccer games in about ten years. Some of those were done with a torn hip flexor muscle, and did not help.

However, the surgeon said it was a matter of "when", not "if", as some of this is genetic. I was the youngest hip replacement person they had done in some time, excepting car crash victims and the like. I loved rehab, with everyone calling me "sonny" and "young man".

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I refereed over 600 youth and high school and college soccer games in about ten years. Some of those were done with a torn hip flexor muscle, and did not help.

However, the surgeon said it was a matter of "when", not "if", as some of this is genetic. I was the youngest hip replacement person they had done in some time, excepting car crash victims and the like. I loved rehab, with everyone calling me "sonny" and "young man".

Ah, yes, I can see the speed of HS/College soccer putting a lot of wear and tear on the hips/knees.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster says :nono: on the caught stealing.

Baseball writers complain that his defense is not as good as Yadier Molina's, and that may be true. But the caught stealing rate is less due to Posey's defense and arm than it is the Giant pitchers' absolute refusal to either hold runners on better, or speed up their release time

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Scutaro is on everything Miley is throwing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, yes, I can see the speed of HS/College soccer putting a lot of wear and tear on the hips/knees.

They say that in a pro game, the referee (the one in the middle) runs up to seven miles a match. Younger World Cup referees like Kevin Stott (who is descended from a gazelle, evidently) have been charted running ten miles in a match. College is about six miles in a match, and high school is about 4-5 miles in a match, often less due to using the two man system, which FIFA frowns upon, but it is a monetary issue for most high school leagues.

I have had matches where my Assistant Referees had to carry me to my car, my legs were so dead.

All for a good cause, I loved being a referee.

Now I am getting back into golfing and biking. (I used to ride ten miles around the Rose Bowl every morning when in grad school.) So far so good.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Buster says :nono: on the caught stealing.

Baseball writers complain that his defense is not as good as Yadier Molina's, and that may be true. But the caught stealing rate is less due to Posey's defense and arm than it is the Giant pitchers' absolute refusal to either hold runners on better, or speed up their release time

Good points, but it's Hector behind the plate tonight.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP!!!

I'm starting to really believe it could happen.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They say that in a pro game, the referee (the one in the middle) runs up to seven miles a match. Younger World Cup referees like Kevin Stott (who is descended from a gazelle, evidently) have been charted running ten miles in a match. College is about six miles in a match, and high school is about 4-5 miles in a match, often less due to using the two man system, which FIFA frowns upon, but it is a monetary issue for most high school leagues.

I have had matches where my Assistant Referees had to carry me to my car, my legs were so dead.

All for a good cause, I loved being a referee.

Now I am getting back into golfing and biking. (I used to ride ten miles around the Rose Bowl every morning when in grad school.) So far so good.

I believe it. A buddy of mine refs high school games, and he's always complaining about his knees. Glad to hear you're able to enjoy golfing and biking again. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't be active.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP!!!

I'm starting to really believe it could happen.

Since when did you become Mr. Sunshine? No reverse jinxes? Just straight stuff? :wave:

I like it!

:thumb:

Posey's second half has been incredible!

Including tonight, Posey is batting .392, with 19 doubles, 12 homers and 49 RBIs, 31 Walks, 37 K's.

Before tonight he was hitting .383/.460/.642/1.101

Wow!

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I believe it. A buddy of mine refs high school games, and he's always complaining about his knees. Glad to hear you're able to enjoy golfing and biking again. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't be active.

...and now off to get a quick run in with the dogs.....

Go Giants!