• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8 total have been removed...

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...from the 40 man roster...

O'day was claimed by the O's (per newberg)

and then the following...

------

The Rangers have outrighted the contracts of righthanders Eric Hurley, Omar Beltre, and Merkin Valdez and infielders Andres Blanco and Esteban German, after each had cleared waivers. Through various procedural mechanisms, all five have the right to take immediate free agency.

The 40-man roster is now down to 32 members.
(per newberg)

------

I see Perez and Scheppers definitely being added to the 40 man... Maybe Ramirez?

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...from the 40 man roster...

O'day was claimed by the O's (per newberg)

and then the following...

------

The Rangers have outrighted the contracts of righthanders Eric Hurley, Omar Beltre, and Merkin Valdez and infielders Andres Blanco and Esteban German, after each had cleared waivers. Through various procedural mechanisms, all five have the right to take immediate free agency.

The 40-man roster is now down to 32 members.
(per newberg)

------

I see Perez and Scheppers definitely being added to the 40 man... Maybe Ramirez?

have to agree about all 3

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Scheppers and Ramirez, but Perez is probably a year away

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just checked texasrangers.com and they said this:

The Rangers are in the process of clearing space on the 40-man roster to add Minor Leaguers who need to be protected from the Rule 5 Draft. Pitchers C.J. Wilson, Brandon Webb, Darren Oliver and Michael Gonzalez, catcher Matt Treanor and outfielder Endy Chavez are already off the roster because they are free agents.

Among the players that the Rangers have to protect this winter are left-handed pitcher Martin Perez and right-hander Neil Ramirez. Other possibilities include right-handed relievers Johan Yan and Matt West and catchers Tomas Tellis and Jose Felix.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rangers are in the process of clearing space on the 40-man roster to add Minor Leaguers who need to be protected from the Rule 5 Draft. Pitchers C.J. Wilson, Brandon Webb, Darren Oliver and Michael Gonzalez, catcher Matt Treanor and outfielder Endy Chavez are already off the roster because they are free agents.

Among the players that the Rangers have to protect this winter are left-handed pitcher Martin Perez and right-hander Neil Ramirez. Other possibilities include right-handed relievers Johan Yan and Matt West and catchers Tomas Tellis and Jose Felix.

Didn't realize Perez was that far along

That being said I see them also protecting Telis and Felix

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Protect everyone you can, and then search around for guys from other farms. I'm sure everyone will be looking at the minor league systems for teams like Texas, TPA, and KC. I would also check the bay area teams for young pitching arms.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Protect everyone you can, and then search around for guys from other farms. I'm sure everyone will be looking at the minor league systems for teams like Texas, TPA, and KC. I would also check the bay area teams for young pitching arms.

Rule 5's have to stay on the MLB team or they go back to their original team. who do we drop to fit them in?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule 5's have to stay on the MLB team or they go back to their original team. who do we drop to fit them in?

Depends on who we find. We have room for utility guys to sit on the bench right now, since we cleared the roster.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

West is an interesting story. May be a sleeper there.