• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/6 Champs @ Chubbs

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those rare times when the player who is assigned the loss truly lost the game.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give credit to Maddon there, he went with the SABR move and it paid off.

I wonder if Boch should have countered with his own SABR move, and pinch hit Posey instead of Blanco. He did still come up with a chance to tie, but there was no rally.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To meet the goal for this series, we have to take 2 this weekend.

Tough loss. Heston came out crappy, but he battled back. That's a bit of a silver-lining.

The bully was in full bend-don't-break mode, which is fine.

The offense powered out 4 runs. That would have been fine a couple years ago. This year, that just keeps us in the game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Boch should have countered with his own SABR move, and pinch hit Posey instead of Blanco. He did still come up with a chance to tie, but there was no rally.
I thought about this.

Boch is resting Posey. That was way too early to burn your back up catcher. Even in the playoffs (as if there were a scenario where you would start Sanchez over Posey in the Playoffs), you don't make that move there.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about this.

Boch is resting Posey. That was way too early to burn your back up catcher. Even in the playoffs (as if there were a scenario where you would start Sanchez over Posey in the Playoffs), you don't make that move there.

Very true, I didn't take into the fact that he's is also the backup catcher. One of the few downfalls of having your best hitter as a catcher.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And our backup backup 3B, right?

:behindsofa:

With the emergence of Duffy obviously, this is officially in the rear view mirror now. I was with you Mays. :heh:

That said, I was surprised to see how uninterested/reluctant the Giants (or perhaps Posey himself) were to explore the opportunity. Don't get me wrong, Posey's bat is good no matter what....but 3B is slim pickings for impact bats and Posey strikes me as the type of player (both with smarts and a decent amount of athleticism) who could make that transition. Much easier to find a 1B bat (Belt or outside the org).

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the emergence of Duffy obviously, this is officially in the rear view mirror now. I was with you Mays. :heh:

That said, I was surprised to see how uninterested/reluctant the Giants (or perhaps Posey himself) were to explore the opportunity. Don't get me wrong, Posey's bat is good no matter what....but 3B is slim pickings for impact bats and Posey strikes me as the type of player (both with smarts and a decent amount of athleticism) who could make that transition. Much easier to find a 1B bat (Belt or outside the org).
:shocked:
What is this?!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shocked:
What is this?!

Many of us were thinking about the Posey/Belt/Susac/Bye bye Panda problem, the fact that Posey can't catch every day, that he hits much better with plenty of time away from C, and that someday he can no longer be a full time C. But Belt is a very good 1B so you can't just move him there. And Susac deserves to start. So before Duffy's emergence, we thought it might make sense for him to play 3B, problems all solved.

We were at different points on the spectrum of thinking it was a good idea, from hell no to yes you must. The yes you must guys now get teased, because Duffy

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mays was the primary "Posey to third" guy. He held on to it sooo tight that it became a board meme.

All playful jousting. Nothing more.