• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/3 Champs @ Chops

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Feels like crap. I much prefer it when you taunt me for premature shatting and we win.

Unfortunately, tonight wasn't that night.

This game sucked ass.

I prefer that too....get em tomorrow!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tzill, surprised to see you so negative on these boards now. I thought you used to ride posters for frequent negativity.

I did, for stupid crap like letting one game determine a season.. HWSNBN would easily have declared tonights game an "insurmountable loss."

My shattery is confined to in-game. After I'm either happy or glum, but not shatty.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tzill, surprised to see you so negative on these boards now. I thought you used to ride posters for frequent negativity.
We have all been wondering this same thing for a little over a year now.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got home and put the game on in the 7th inning. I hate losing games like this.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing the way they did tonight is bad enough, now they have to face Shelby Miller tomorrow (1.89 ERA at home), who doesn't have a win since 5/17, so he's due for one.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cain appears to be questionable, tonight's performance was unacceptable from a pitcher of his caliber. If he cannot protect a 6-run lead, I just don't know. Is he right physically? And Noggin should have pulled him after the HR. It gave the Braves life, and we needed to stop it right then. Cain stayed in and gave up a double, and then that run scored.

We have Biggie and Vogey occupying the same slot: long reliever. Can't have both, especially with a short bench, and now injuries to :gaah: and Oxy. It is really Biggie's position. Vogey is not a reliever. If Cain is not right, put Vogey back in the rotation. If Cain is right, then I think we need to say adieu to Vogey.

I think Broadway and/or Osich could fill a needed gap in the bullpen.

If Oxy is going to be out, we need to DL him and get someone up. Baggs mentioned JP the other day, who has turned his season around at Sacto. Dude is fast and plays plus defense.

I hate losing games like this one tonight, especially after the feel good of a 6-0 lead. This is such a streaky team. It feels like we are on the verge of another winless streak. We are now 1-3 on this roadie, and we could just as easily have been 3-1.

Lots of "blame" to go around tonight, but there are some holes to fill in this team's makeup.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cain appears to be questionable, tonight's performance was unacceptable from a pitcher of his caliber. If he cannot protect a 6-run lead, I just don't know. Is he right physically? And Noggin should have pulled him after the HR. It gave the Braves life, and we needed to stop it right then. Cain stayed in and gave up a double, and then that run scored.

We have Biggie and Vogey occupying the same slot: long reliever. Can't have both, especially with a short bench, and now injuries to :gaah: and Oxy. It is really Biggie's position. Vogey is not a reliever. If Cain is not right, put Vogey back in the rotation. If Cain is right, then I think we need to say adieu to Vogey.

If Oxy is going to be out, we need to DL him and get someone up. Baggs mentioned JP the other day, who has turned his season around at Sacto. Dude is fast and plays plus defense.

I hate losing games like this one tonight, especially after the feel good of a 6-0 lead. This is such a streaky team. It feels like we are on the verge of another winless streak. We are now 1-3 on this roadie, and we could just as easily have been 3-1.

Lots of "blame" to go around tonight, but there are some holes to fill in this team's makeup.
If Pagan does go on the dl, and they call up another outfielder, who do you think that they should replace Cain/Vogelsong with?

Personally, I'd rather see Jarrett Parker up again. See if he provides some pop off the bench. I think the infield looks a little thin, more than the outfield (even with Pagan down) but I don't see as much help in Sacramento as in the outfield.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pagan does go on the dl, and they call up another outfielder, who do you think that they should replace Cain/Vogelsong with?

Personally, I'd rather see Jarrett Parker up again. See if he provides some pop off the bench. I think the infield looks a little thin, more than the outfield (even with Pagan down) but I don't see as much help in Sacramento as in the outfield.

I think Perez would get the call. He is on the 40, he has MLB experience, he is a solid defender, and he is on fire with the bat lately.

I would expect Parker and Lollis to come up in September.

It seems to me, at a distance, that Oxy needs some time off. We need him in September.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last time Casilla blew a save like this, we were up 5-3 bottom of the 9th, he came in and we lost 6-5. July 1 at Miami. We went on to lose every game of that road trip.

That's why it feels like another 0-6 is on the way. We are 1-3 and without a complete shitshow performance by the Ranger bullpen on Saturday, we'd be 0-4.

This blows right now.