• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8.29 Fraudres @Rodominator

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaaaaaannnnnd....

OVER in the top of the first. With Rodon.

September is gonna suck.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half of this lineup could be put on the IL (remember the stretches that used to constitute reasons for IL placement). The way they are hitting, they should be put on the IL. Their AAA replacements could possible be much worse than this. So the question is, why hasn't our transaction happy FO suddenly become gun shy and keep everyone on the active roster? It would make more sense if this team was a serious contender and the players were actually contributing.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say this now: Ima miss Joc next year.

I mean, I'm not for re-signing him, but I'll miss him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say this now: Ima miss Joc next year.

I mean, I'm not for re-signing him, but I'll miss him.
Not me. His defense is water buffalo-level (despite K&K constantly stating what a solid defender he is during broadcasts), his streakyness is too extreme and he just looks like a slob. His skillset is a dime-a-dozen.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. His defense is water buffalo-level (despite K&K constantly stating what a solid defender he is during broadcasts), his streakyness is too extreme and he just looks like a slob. His skillset is a dime-a-dozen.
I'm not a big Pederson fan but I'm not sure I'd say his skillset is a dime-a-dozen. He should be the full time DH but we've got the defensively versatile Tommy LaStella filling that role (why is it that a guy signed for his on base and his defensive verstaility is the full time DH when he is not even hitting? But I digress). However, his bat is better than a dime. I'd say he's at least a quarter.

But man, his bat does take us on a roller coaster. His OPS went as high as 1.179 on April 15th before crashing down to .758 on May 17th. He got it back up to .966 on May 31st and leveled out for most of June. Then he started another cold spell in July, dropping his season OPS to .809 by August 9th. He's been a little bit better since then, getting his OPS back up to .835 as of August 29th.

By measure of OPS, he is the team's best hitter (if you don't count JD Davis' 57 PAs and Jason Vosler's 74 PAs - really, why is Vosler not on this team?) although Evan Longoria is starting to give him a run for his money. It will be interesting to see where things land by the end of the year but I wouldn't be opposed to bring back Pederson, as long as he occupies the DH spot the majority of games in 2023. This LaStella nonsense needs to end.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why exactly is the .167 hitting Wade hitting second? Again?
Looked up on base for the hitters on the active roster. Turns out, as of this morning, Wade has the second lowest on base percentage on the team. The guy he is behind? The one that leads off most games (in the DH spot no less), LaStella.

By this logic, Austin Wynns (3rd lowest on base, lowest OPS) should be the number 3 guy in the lineup. And Brandon Crawford (lowest slugging) should be hitting clean up with either Luis Gonzalez and/or Mike Yastrzemski behind him (they are tied for second worst slugging but would have to give up the 5th spot if Belt returns).

Has Kapler just given up on winning?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked up on base for the hitters on the active roster. Turns out, as of this morning, Wade has the second lowest on base percentage on the team. The guy he is behind? The one that leads off most games (in the DH spot no less), LaStella.

By this logic, Austin Wynns (3rd lowest on base, lowest OPS) should be the number 3 guy in the lineup. And Brandon Crawford (lowest slugging) should be hitting clean up with either Luis Gonzalez and/or Mike Yastrzemski behind him (they are tied for second worst slugging but would have to give up the 5th spot if Belt returns).

I want to offer up a devils advocate argument…

But I got nothing…

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he just needs to wax his ouija board. If those things get tacky, or dusty, they don't work as well...