• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/18 - This ain't 2002, game 2

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yastrzemski - rf
Dickerson - lf
Solano - 2b
Belt - 1b
Longoria - 3b
Sandoval - dh
Crawford - ss
Heineman - c
Duggar - cf
Cahill - p

Poor Bundy, doesn't seem to be his day when 2020 Panda turns on a pitch.
And Cahill doing a former Giant special, pitching better against his former team than he did with the team.
We'll see how long that, and the lead, lasts. I assume no Gott today.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Z86AQ9Y.png

What do you think Gabe, should we put Gott in now...?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they are talking about trading Yaz on ESPN to a contender

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they are talking about trading Yaz on ESPN to a contender
It would make sense. With no attendance, having a gate draw does the team little good. Get a return for him, and I am AOK with the concept.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make sense. With no attendance, having a gate draw does the team little good. Get a return for him, and I am AOK with the concept.
Can we trade Sandoval and Pence with him, or does that just reduce our return?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we trade Sandoval and Pence with him, or does that just reduce our return?
No point. Neither have positive value nor a measurable negative value since neither are getting paid anything. Each will likely retire at some point this season (or after). Maybe each will come back next year on small contracts so they can retire in front of the fans

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at that boxscore, Crawfish and Panda are heating up!

I've done the math and if we can simply score 15 - 20 runs a game we could possible win ... another game or two.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No point. Neither have positive value nor a measurable negative value since neither are getting paid anything. Each will likely retire at some point this season (or after). Maybe each will come back next year on small contracts so they can retire in front of the fans
It was merely a joke. I have my doubts that Panda's hot streak is sustainable (but I've been know to be wrong before) and Pence looks done (like he did in 2018). Its weird how he was able to pull out 2019. Must have been the home park (but I haven't looked at his home/road splits last year to verify).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most, I’d like to hang onto Yaz, as he’s young enough to help the next WS team. However, I’m cognizant that we don’t have much tradable talent on this team, so he might have to go. Depends upon what we can get back. In this, I trust FZ.

Guys I’d like to hang onto on the current roster:
Flores
Solano
Dickerson
Yaz
Webb
Dubon
S Anderson

That’s about it. And I’d trade any of them except Webb.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most, I’d like to hang onto Yaz, as he’s young enough to help the next WS team. However, I’m cognizant that we don’t have much tradable talent on this team, so he might have to go. Depends upon what we can get back. In this, I trust FZ.

Flores
Solano
Dickerson
Yaz
Webb
Dubon
S Anderson

I like Webb. Do you think he will be that good, though, to hang on to instead of trade?
Solano is a bit older and his trade value has probably already lowered a bit from his peak. I would think it would be a great idea to trade him this year as I doubt his value will ever get higher. The likelihood of him keeping up his production seems pretty low. I think this is the same reason the club is looking to trade Yaz, although he is younger and has not struggled in the big leagues like Solano did for multiple years so trading him now is more likely to backfire on the Giants than with Solano.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, as of this morning, only two other MLB teams had a lower probability of making the playoffs than the Giants (Pirates and Mariners). If any teams had reasons to not be buyers this year, its these three.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Webb. Do you think he will be that good, though, to hang on to instead of trade?
Solano is a bit older and his trade value has probably already lowered a bit from his peak. I would think it would be a great idea to trade him this year as I doubt his value will ever get higher. The likelihood of him keeping up his production seems pretty low. I think this is the same reason the club is looking to trade Yaz, although he is younger and has not struggled in the big leagues like Solano did for multiple years so trading him now is more likely to backfire on the Giants than with Solano.

I don’t think we could get back enough value for Webb to trade him, so it’s probably a nonissue. Good point on Donnie Barrels — I’d trade him if the return made sense. Agreed on Yaz; if they can get value I’d do it.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flores
Solano
Dickerson
Yaz
Webb
Dubon
S Anderson

All of that plus Yaz for me...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see anyone on the current roster, outside of MAYBE Dubon, Webb and S.Anderson who will be an actual contributor on the next competitive team (‘22?). But I don’t see anyone who is untouchable. I think Cueto and Yaz probably have the most value, so certainly they should be aggressively shopped. I question Barrels’ actual value, so I don’t expect him to be traded. Gausman might be for real, but he is on a 1-year deal with no option. Anything we get for him will be gravy, but I wonder what value he has since he doesn’t have the track record. It may be best to keep and resign him to something like a 2/30M Or a 3/45M deal and make him the #1 going into the winning years. If we can get a return on him, though, I would prefer he be dealt.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see anyone on the current roster, outside of MAYBE Dubon, Webb and S.Anderson who will be an actual contributor on the next competitive team (‘22?). But I don’t see anyone who is untouchable. I think Cueto and Yaz probably have the most value, so certainly they should be aggressively shopped. I question Barrels’ actual value, so I don’t expect him to be traded. Gausman might be for real, but he is on a 1-year deal with no option. Anything we get for him will be gravy, but I wonder what value he has since he doesn’t have the track record. It may be best to keep and resign him to something like a 2/30M Or a 3/45M deal and make him the #1 going into the winning years. If we can get a return on him, though, I would prefer he be dealt.
Hey, if FZ can get value on Dyson and Melancon, and not have to pay anything in return, he may be able to get something of value for Gausman. After all, there are like 20 teams in contention this year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if FZ can get value on Dyson and Melancon, and not have to pay anything in return, he may be able to get something of value for Gausman. After all, there are like 20 teams in contention this year.
I agree. And hope we are both right.