• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8.12 Raw Keys @ Charlotte

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a real problem if they meet in the Series. They've never both been good at the same time before. For the sake of my marriage I will root for the Giants if it happens.
I thought you were the Giants fan...? No?

ChiSox are my top fave in the AL (Orioles & A's in there too).

And I am in the same spot, in a way, and hard to believe, i.e. it sucks, that they are both doing this well at the same time.

I really want to beat the Yankees in the WS.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I am in the same spot, in a way, and hard to believe, i.e. it sucks, that they are both doing this well at the same time.

I had that problem in 2010 when the Giants played the Rangers. I adopted the Rangers as my AL team after we moved here to Texas. And when they were both doing well I thought how cool it’d be if they played each other in the Series. It happened but I had no problem rooting for the Giants.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes beating the Yankees would be perfect for the Giants, but beating anyone is just fine.

I was born in Chicago, and my dad was a Sox fan, so I grew up with them. But I went to Cal and moved here in 1988 and I've been here ever since, my wife is a rabid Giants fan, etc. I think I've paid my fan dues.

It's never been a conflict, like I said they've never been good at the same time. The only real interaction between the two teams was the 1997 'White Flag' trade: White Flag Trade - Wikipedia

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any of you see the "Field of Dreams" game?

Pretty fun.

Kevin Costner is still a no talent **** though.
I watched the end which was crazy.

17 runs scored, all but 1 by homerun, because the cornfield fence was only 6 feet high all the way around, you just had to get it in the air out there.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think I'm now more a Giants fan, been so for over 30 years (vs 10-12 for the Sox)

But I like them both!

I grew up (though my wife disagrees) in Minnesota. I went to Twins games as a kid at the old Met Stadium (now Mall of America, with home plate still there).

In one of the 2010-2012-2014, the Twins actually made a push and I was a little torn about who to root for. But decided Giants all the way.

I actually came to be a Giants fan in a twisted way. I loved the Twins, but was heartbroken when they lost the 1965 Series to the Dodgers and that #%^$~# Koufax. When I moved to the Bay Area as a teen (Walnut Creek), I could root for the A's or Giants. The A's were the Twins natural AL West rival during the late 60's early 70's, so couldn't go there. And I hated the Dodgers. So the enemy of my enemy is my friend, so gave my allegiance to the Giants.