• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/6 GDT Timmah @ Puds

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
36-11 when scoring first. (.766)

I was wrong about Panik in the 2 hole, he did well there today (except for the 1st inning, which did not cost us).

Excellent start by Timmah 3.0, maybe he has figured out how to pitch with his current arsenal. Still too many pitches, but love the result.

Has the ship turned? Cautiously hopeful.

And fellas, we are all Giants fans here. Please knock off the bickering, the "he said" "he said" stuff. And I will attempt to be a little more positive, though it is against my nature. :D

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the yard today. GREAT game!!

Romo has lost all his mojo. You could tell he was pissed on the mound, though. Bringing him in when he was brought in, though, was further proof to me that the save is a garbage stat. Boch brought him in in order to get a 4-out save. Completely manufactured for the good of a stat. Ended up hurting Romo's confidence more than it helped him, though.

What was the % of Giants' fans? When I have been at the Litter Box, it has usually been about 60% Giants fans, and 40% Padre fans. Must svck to be a Padre player with that split.

Glad you went. Glad you got to see a win.

Not happy about Romo's ongoing meltdown. He used to be all, "Here, try and hit this." Now it seems to be, "Dear God, I hope you don't hit this too hard." The swagger has definitely left the building.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the % of Giants' fans? When I have been at the Litter Box, it has usually been about 60% Giants fans, and 40% Padre fans. Must svck to be a Padre player with that split.

Glad you went. Glad you got to see a win.

Not happy about Romo's ongoing meltdown. He used to be all, "Here, try and hit this." Now it seems to be, "Dear God, I hope you don't hit this too hard." The swagger has definitely left the building.

It certainly seems like a 60/40 split, but I think more realistically, it was probably 40/60. It is just that you dont expect to see that many opponents fans in the park so it appears worse than it really is.

Giants fans are loud, though.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants get healthy in San Diego winning 5-3 and also take the series

Tim Lincecum loves pitching against San Diego and San Diego has to be tired of getting owned by #55 of the San Francisco Giants.

Lincecum went out today and threw another solid game only giving up 1 ER over 6 1/3 innings. Lincecum has the swagger of a Heavyweight Champion right now and the punches he throws are electric and calculated. It's fun to watch him snap his back to hitters as he strikes them out. On one strikeout I swear it looked like he added a small skip to his swagger out there. His confidence is contagious to the rest of the team and players play top notch ball behind him when he is dealing like he has. Lincecum has been the glue holding the team together during these tough times the last few weeks. His no-hiiter made us all smile and he now has given up only 1 ER over the last 23 1/3 innings.

On offense the story was the top five hitters in the line up who went 8-17 combined with 5 RBI's. Pence with his superspeed got things going with 3 hits and 3 runs scored. The kid Panik looked real relaxed and had a good game with 2 hits and a run scored. Belt got the first RBI of the day and had 2 total. Morse and Sanchez each had a hit and a RBI. It was a day when everyone did their thing and did not try and do it all. They looked relaxed at the plate and got the hits when it counted.

Affeldt and Casilla threw the ball really well and the Giants throw up another W in the win column. It was a beautiful day in San Diego where Giants fans took over that yard and made it their home away from home. As Lincecum marched down off the mound in the 7th inning it looked like AT&T Park behind the Giants dugout...Orange & Black everywhere. It was Halloween in July as the Giants took home all the treats as Lincecum and the Giants tricked the Padres once again and win the series two games to one. The boys are back. Rock on !

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::lock1::rockon::boxing::thrasher:

on youtube...

Dropkick Murphys "The Boys are Back" (Official Music Video)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it turns out that Casilla has to step up as closer and Romo goes back to being a set up guy, I think that's doable.

Nice game today, really encouraging if Timmy can do this vs not-Padres teams.

The ship feels like it's slightly righted, with Belt back. Need Pagan still.

As always, it's going to be a battle to the end. Giants have every bit as much chance as every other wild card contender, and will probably be there fighting for the division in September. Dodgers won't run away with it.,

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the yard today. GREAT game!!

Romo has lost all his mojo. You could tell he was pissed on the mound, though. Bringing him in when he was brought in, though, was further proof to me that the save is a garbage stat. Boch brought him in in order to get a 4-out save. Completely manufactured for the good of a stat. Ended up hurting Romo's confidence more than it helped him, though.

I don't understand. Romo wasn't eligible for a save - He came in when the Giants had a 4-run lead, and nobody was on base. What am I missing? I don't get it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand. Romo wasn't eligible for a save - He came in when the Giants had a 4-run lead, and nobody was on base. What am I missing? I don't get it.

If he had stayed and finished the game, it would have been a save. He came in with a 4-run lead, he theoretically) got 4 outs. Save.

Edit:

I may be wrong on this. I just looked it up, and he actually has to face the tying run. I thought he had to face outs = lead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that he has to COME IN with the tying run on deck.

He has to enter the game with the tying run on base, at bat, or on deck or he pitches at least 3 innings. Also must be 3 runs or less lead when the pitcher comes in.