• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 7/3 GDT Cards @ Giants - Line up shake up!

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, two men on.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craw!!

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would it be like to have a bench with hitters hitting over .200 who could drive in a run once a month or so?
And a 'pen that could put up zeros.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does 1st place feel like last place, or worse?

This team can do nothing right these days. And if it is done right, it almost seems an accident.

What a complete meltdown.

Bring on the Padres, and let Timmah start all three games.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does 1st place feel like last place, or worse?

This team can do nothing right these days. And if it is done right, it almost seems an accident.

What a complete meltdown.

Bring on the Padres, and let Timmah start all three games.

Didn't they do something right just yesterday?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they do something right just yesterday?

Don't think so. They got shut out yesterday. :D

But a 5-18 slump, and a 2-8 home stand?

Season is not over. Dogs made up 9.5 games in less than three weeks. We can go on a tear any day now. Not feeling it right now, though. Just hard to watch/listen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They hit .192 on this homestand (.140 with RISP) with two homers in 10 games. They hardly made up for it with speed — one stolen base. Pretty tough to score when you’re neither hitting nor running."

Can't count this team out yet, but dayum, those are really bad numbers.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants lose 7-2

Well I did a lot of thinking today. I just got home after what might be the worst game of the year. It was so bad I left in the 8th and in my over 40 years of watching the Giants I might of left like 4 or 5 games early in my life.

I went and had a few beers across the street from the yard and pumped my tunes up on my headphones. I really hate to lose and my joy for the game seems to suffering right now. I sat there and wondered how the boys could lose 14 of their last 17 at home. I was on my second beer when I figured out that no matter how bad things get I must find my joy again.

I have learned a lot over the years coaching kids from T-Ball all the way up to College age kids. The T-Ball kids run around in circles chasing gophers and other critters and just play and laugh. The 10-12 year olds are my favorite because they are just starting to get into baseball and follow MLB players and really love to have fun. The worst thing you can do to a kid is be a boring teacher or coach. They want to learn but it has to be fun for them too.

13 and 14 year olds ....forget it . Too busy combing their hair for the girls in the stands. I am not kidding either...kids had combs with them in the dugout but they still wanted to have fun coming up with the most stupid stuff to motivate themselves. Some of it was pretty funny.

High School and College players really get into their stats and want to compete with each other to see who is the best and who can go to another level. A lot of busting ballz in the dugout and who has the hottest chick. But still they want to win and have fun as a team.

At every level of the game it comes back to playing for the joy of the game. Tight teams don't play very well and the loose teams oozed confidence. After blowing those three games against the Rockies the Giants got tight. Sure injuries mounted but they have pressed like you would'nt believe. They took three gut shots in a row and that is tough to handle sometimes. Like last year this team feels obligated to put on a show for the sell out crowds and with every loss they got even tighter.

It can feel like a Tidal wave covering you and you can't breathe. I really miss the joy this team had earlier in the season and even when things get tough you have to find some joy somewhere to keep you going. You can not let all the negative B.S. enter your thinking or it can take over. Now that the team is going on the road I hope they loosen up and play good Giants baseball. Belt is coming back and he is chomping at the bit to contribute again.

Maybe all levels of ball should take a lesson from the T-Ball kids. Just run around in circles and chase gophers . I guarantee you you will smile and have joy for the game watching that.

OK time to get loose and have a good road trip. I will never give up on The Band of Brothers.

Let's play some ball.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Milk Today, that's the song that was running through my head today. Yeah I know, I'm dating myself horribly :)

No%2BMilk%2BToday.jpg

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Milk Today, that's the song that was running through my head today. Yeah I know, I'm dating myself horribly :)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15448-1380036591-11.gif

Yeah, seems our Giants have been quite lactose-intolerant lately.

Last edited by a moderator: