• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7/19 GDT Bum @ Angry Braves

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that stadium was pretty fucking empty during the game. Don't the Braves have fans?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
melky.gif

"the Melkmaker"

credit to Rod Brooks@knbr

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Dbags lost. Gave up a 6 run lead in the 6th and 7th.

If they are going to make their run they'd better get going soon.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Dbags lost. Gave up a 6 run lead in the 6th and 7th.

If they are going to make their run they'd better get going soon.

Upton fallin out is the best news for the Giants and the west.

If they are sellers, we are in a nice spot down the stretch

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 for 8 with RISP. Why am I not surprised we lost by a run?

2 of 3 against the Braves is good.

Sorry I could not be there today and continue some of the reverse jinx mojo from last night's stellar win in extras. Wandered around a very steamy DC today, peaked in on the Smithsonian, said "hi" to Abe, got teary eyed (again) reading the Second Inaugural. (Why doesn't anyone speak like that anymore?)

Tomorrow, more of the Smithsonian, Dark Knight Rising in the afternoon, wedding rehearsal tomorrow night.

Will take in a Nats game on Sunday. If the wife agrees, maybe we can drive to Philly for the Sunday game!

Here's to winning 2 of 3 vs the Philth.

Last edited by a moderator:

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Sorry I could not be there today and continue some of the reverse jinx mojo from last night's stellar win in extras. Wandered around a very steamy DC today, peaked in on the Smithsonian, said "hi" to Abe, got teary eyed (again) reading the Second Inaugural. (Why doesn't anyone speak like that anymore?)

Tomorrow, more of the Smithsonian, Dark Knight Rising in the afternoon, wedding rehearsal tomorrow night.

Will take in a Nats game on Sunday. If the wife agrees, maybe we can drive to Philly for the Sunday game!

Softy!

In all seriousness, I about damn neared cried when I visited Arlington national cemetery. Obviously war kills a lot of people, but it's flooring when you see nothing but graves stones in every direction.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL 2 tDbags!
The Reds red unis looked cool today btw

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because they are too busy saying "True DAT, bitch !"

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Softy!

In all seriousness, I about damn neared cried when I visited Arlington national cemetery. Obviously war kills a lot of people, but it's flooring when you see nothing but graves stones in every direction.

Visiting Golden Gate National Cemetery in San Bruno is pretty chilling as well. I visited the American cemetery in Normandy about 10 years ago and it was ... sobering.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that stadium was pretty fucking empty during the game. Don't the Braves have fans?

Some folks say it's the worst sports town in the country. I agree...no excuse for a team doing that well in such a nice park to draw so poorly.

Weak.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Visiting Golden Gate National Cemetery in San Bruno is pretty chilling as well. I visited the American cemetery in Normandy about 10 years ago and it was ... sobering.

One main impact of visiting the cemetery in Normandy, for me, was that it was full of people who died in war, in the space of a very short time. Arlington (and GG) cemeteries are open to dead soldiers AND former soldiers, not restricted to those who died while in the service.

Even more chilling, is that the people buried in Normandy are just those that died during the campaign that *weren't* repatriated - many, many bodies were sent home for burial.

And in that part of France (unlike Paris) there is NO stigma attached to being American. I had more free drinks offered to me in one week there than I've received in any other year of my life. Whenever I was asked if a relative was buried in Normandy, I'd answer "my father served in WW II, but in the Pacific" there'd be at least 2 people that insisted on buying me a drink, and it could last for an hour or so of toasts. (Maybe they just like to drink.) It's also a beautiful region to visit. And the local variety of hooch, Calvados (basically Apple Brandy), is quite tasty. One local took me back to his farm from the café/bar where I was having lunch and opened a bottle that his father had put down in my birth year. The alcohol content had lowered a bit, and the apple fruitiness had been magnified, and it was fantastic.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks say it's the worst sports town in the country. I agree...no excuse for a team doing that well in such a nice park to draw so poorly.

Weak.

That's true. The Hawks and Thrashers get no love either. The Falcons get some (when they are good) because it's football country. But even they get nothing compared to SEC football.

In other words, Braves fans do kind of suck. All 15 of 'em.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. The Hawks and Thrashers get no love either. The Falcons get some (when they are good) because it's football country. But even they get nothing compared to SEC football.

In other words, Braves fans do kind of suck. All 15 of 'em.

Now THERE is a negative comment I support.

Repped. :tongue:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One main impact of visiting the cemetery in Normandy, for me, was that it was full of people who died in war, in the space of a very short time. Arlington (and GG) cemeteries are open to dead soldiers AND former soldiers, not restricted to those who died while in the service.

Even more chilling, is that the people buried in Normandy are just those that died during the campaign that *weren't* repatriated - many, many bodies were sent home for burial.

And in that part of France (unlike Paris) there is NO stigma attached to being American. I had more free drinks offered to me in one week there than I've received in any other year of my life. Whenever I was asked if a relative was buried in Normandy, I'd answer "my father served in WW II, but in the Pacific" there'd be at least 2 people that insisted on buying me a drink, and it could last for an hour or so of toasts. (Maybe they just like to drink.) It's also a beautiful region to visit. And the local variety of hooch, Calvados (basically Apple Brandy), is quite tasty. One local took me back to his farm from the café/bar where I was having lunch and opened a bottle that his father had put down in my birth year. The alcohol content had lowered a bit, and the apple fruitiness had been magnified, and it was fantastic.

That is a cool story about your father. My dad was a Vietnam vet and there's nothing I can do to match his willingness to sacrifice everything for his family and country.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weak.

There is an excuse when ATL is one of the biggest transplant cities in the U.S. and there is nothing but dumb fucks from Philly/Boston/everywhere else moving here for their jobs and thus not following ATL sports at all

Still 14th in attendance, so not too bad

Last edited by a moderator: