• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 7/18-7/20 @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retweeted by 16m[/ame]
A little friendly fire in the heat of the moment. [URL="http://t.co/Ti86JGCClH"]http://twitter.com/MLBGIFs/status/491001114846699520/photo/1pic.twitter.com/Ti86JGCClH

BtBi6GMCYAEOE6m.png

Last edited by a moderator:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What wont get mentioned likely is Medina getting ahead of Kendrick 0-2 and making him looking silly on 4 straight breaking balls. Then for some reason he tried to get a fastball by him which resulted in the RBI hit and cut the lead to 5-4. Obviously that was a big run, and I still dont know why Medina didnt stick to his breaking ball

Great call. I said the same thing when it happened and forgot about it with all the Rodney crap. He had him out and grooved a pitch. of course he should have been called out on the check swing. Got screwed there. The 1B ump who said no check was the same ump in NY who called a check swing on us that wasn't and tossed Van Slyke.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with the last thing. Game one was true, but....

starting pitching was pretty much a draw for all 3 games, and all 3 games were decided by bullpen performances.

their biggest weakness is their pen, and ours is our offense.

in 2 of 3 games, their pen was able to keep he m's offense from scoring long enough (and we're talking a lot of innings) for their own offense to take the lead and win.

everything i stated is a fact, so disagree all you want.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant complain to much either. Yea this series was tough because we could have swept them but we also could have easily been swept. That's baseball sometimes. Making Skaggs throw 30 pitches in the 1st should have resulted in an early day for their bullpen but we let them off the hook. That coupled with a leadoff walk to Trout was what doomed them. You just got to hope the two walk off losses dont carry over. Having Elias and Erasmo go the next two days could be trouble so hopefully we can get one of those games and keep going.

yeah, it's tough, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

the next series will probably be close again, and it all comes down to 1 or 2 timely hits if all other things are equal, which they very much were in this series.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great call. I said the same thing when it happened and forgot about it with all the Rodney crap. He had him out and grooved a pitch. of course he should have been called out on the check swing. Got screwed there. The 1B ump who said no check was the same ump in NY who called a check swing on us that wasn't and tossed Van Slyke.

Kinda of mad Root didnt give a good replay of it. It sure looked like he went but I guess I could never get a good look at it

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd gave him an earful and they had best view. It looked like it to me and Zunino.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Rodney said he was aiming at Angels fans behind their bench who were booing him when announced. Well I guess he made them cheer him in the end. Nice going Rodney you made friends but lost game.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end it came down to superstars. Cano played like an All-Star while Trout played like a MVP.

The silver lining I keep reminding myself of (because I am a silver lining kind of guy...cough...cough) is that we got Ackley and in essence Josh Fields in the same draft as Trout. That always helps me sleep better.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the other thing that bit us in the backside was going from an extra reliever for the last two weeks to drop him right before the start of the series for Romero. I think the extra reliever keeps Rodney from having to get 5 outs.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney had been on such a great streak he was bound to blow one sooner or later.

To be honest, he was asking for it with the arrow at the end of the 8th inning. Did he not know he was about to face Trout, Pujols, and Hamilton?

We could have easily swept this series. All 3 games were in our grasp to win. At this point unless we pull off a miracle like 95 there's no way we catch even the Angels let alone the A's.

Both of those teams are just so well rounded. I just participated in SportsHoopla's most recent MLB Dynasty draft (along with Blstoker) and the Angels lineup looks better than most of the fantasy lineups drafted.

Sucks that our division is so good. We'd be competing for 1st in basically any other division.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the other thing that bit us in the backside was going from an extra reliever for the last two weeks to drop him right before the start of the series for Romero. I think the extra reliever keeps Rodney from having to get 5 outs.

Yeah I didn't like the idea of recalling Romero at the expense of a reliever either. I think Lloyd is just desperate for a bat to get hot.

Lloyd should have kept Beimel out there to finish off the 8th.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Agreed.

Okay, off to the Mets series I guess.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have easily swept this series. All 3 games were in our grasp to win. At this point unless we pull off a miracle like 95 there's no way we catch even the Angels let alone the A's.
The Angels could have easily swept the series too.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels could have easily swept the series too.

that's exactly what I was thinking. As frustrating to see how everything unfolded it was a great series.

Now let's take 5 of the next 7 at home

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd Today:

“If you really think about it we were one check swing that was a strike that wasn’t called from winning that game,” McClendon said.
McClendon was referring to the two-strike check swing on Howie Kendrick, who singled up the middle with the reprieve.
“That’s strike three,” McClendon said. “If you really want to talk about replays and what should be replayed, that’s one right there. If you really think about it, that has a lot more impact than some other things, particularly with the game on the line.”
McClendon went back and checked the plays and believes Kendrick went.
“We had two check swings earlier the series, one on Seager where he took the bat off his shoulder – strike three,” McClendon said. “They just need to be consistent with it. I think it cost us a ballgame.”

-----------------------

I agree with this 100%. I still believe certain umps play favorites and/or hold grudges. Like I posted earlier, the ump on 1B who said no check swing was the same one in NY who called it on us when there was barely any movement and then tossed Van Slyke who was ticked by the call.