• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure seems like he is trying to run himself out of town- shortly after, how did the reporter put it? "he was fined in late March for an expletive filled rant about not being used more against some smaller lineups."

Heat center Hassan Whiteside finished an immensely disappointing first-round playoff series doing something he has done multiple times in recent months: voicing displeasure about his playing time.

The Heat was outscored by 75 points with Whiteside on the court during the regular season (second worst on the team behind Dion Waiters) and by 26 points with Whiteside on the court during this playoff series, including minus 14 in Game 5.

yah really sounds like a guy you want--- a 25M dollar player averaging 15 minutes, 6 points, 6 boards--- crying multiple times about playing time, expletive filled rants to the media resulting in him getting fined, ----a negative +- for the season. Its all stuff you just are so happy with your one max player. #timevindicates

get him out of there for just about anyone who isnt a net negative.

The funny thing about this debate/conversation is that a year ago we debated who was better out of Whiteside and Thompson. Although I'd venture to say Whiteside is still better. It's weird that both players had a significant drop off that occurred at the same time. With TT we know what it is *cough* Kardashian curse *cough*. But with Whiteside, I attribute it to poor attitude and no longer playing with a chip on his shoulder like he did in his initial Heat days.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about this debate/conversation is that a year ago we debated who was better out of Whiteside and Thompson. Although I'd venture to say Whiteside is still better. It's weird that both players had a significant drop off that occurred at the same time. With TT we know what it is *cough* Kardashian curse *cough*. But with Whiteside, I attribute it to poor attitude and no longer playing with a chip on his shoulder like he did in his initial Heat days.

yep. dude was known for busting his ass on and off the court not all that long ago...

could be he DID get fat and happy...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure seems like he is trying to run himself out of town- shortly after, how did the reporter put it? "he was fined in late March for an expletive filled rant about not being used more against some smaller lineups."

Heat center Hassan Whiteside finished an immensely disappointing first-round playoff series doing something he has done multiple times in recent months: voicing displeasure about his playing time.

The Heat was outscored by 75 points with Whiteside on the court during the regular season (second worst on the team behind Dion Waiters) and by 26 points with Whiteside on the court during this playoff series, including minus 14 in Game 5.

yah really sounds like a guy you want--- a 25M dollar player averaging 15 minutes, 6 points, 6 boards--- crying multiple times about playing time, expletive filled rants to the media resulting in him getting fined, ----a negative +- for the season. Its all stuff you just are so happy with your one max player. #timevindicates

get him out of there for just about anyone who isnt a net negative.

Nobody is saying he played well.
I also don’t put much into the points scored against stuff.
Too many variables.
Had some injury issues also.
He was very productive sometimes, just like many other Heat players.
Every game was diffetent.
On top of that, if he’s so bad, why would teams alter their lineups in an attempt to get him off the court?

Regardless, he’s correct in answering questions the way he did last night.
What do you suggest he could have done to answer differently?
Winderman tired baiting him 4-5 times in a row.
I believe you were saying how great Jabari Parker was last week.
What about his rant?

#doublestandards

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye crybaby Heat fans.:laugh:

I told you how this was going to go from the beginning.

:humble:

You were warned.
You replied with pure ignorance.
You were dominated.
Now you are gone.

Bye bye

:wave:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye crybaby Heat fans.:laugh:

I told you how this was going to go from the beginning.

:humble:

You were warned.
You replied with pure ignorance.
You were dominated.
Now you are gone.

Bye bye

:wave:

Yeah......you do realize all of us predicted that the sixers would win this series. Dumbass.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More good post game stuff...

Sixers center Joel Embiid said he embraced Wade at the end of the series in case Wade decides to retire.

"I had to pay my respects because I don't know if this is it or if he has another year, but he's a great player and a Hall of Famer," Embiid said.

Wade was complimentary of the young Sixers after the series.

"I think they grew up and learned some things from us and the way we pushed them," Wade said. "You want to see good things. I mean, these guys are the future of the NBA, and the NBA is in great hands with Ben [Simmons] and Joel and those guys."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah......you do realize all of us predicted that the sixers would win this series. Dumbass.

Post #2 on this thread

Just a troll trying to start shit.
I dont know any Heat fan who predicted we’d win the series.
Only crying I saw was from Philly fans about how physical we play.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job Philly. JJ Reddick deserves the series award

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans silent.
Hard to defend that...

Brett Brown went from some of the worst seasons a coach could endure, to what is probably about to be some of the best. Say it with me: Trust the Process.

christmas16_EMBIID_HINKIE_JESUS.jpg

I love the fact that the fans are giving this guy his props.

Many think the way he went about it was distasteful.

But, you cannot argue with his results.

Say what you want....

It was luck Embiid recovered, luck they ended up with Ben, tanking shouldn't be allowed, they kissed a lot of frogs before they got their Prince.....

He legally worked within the parameters of the rules and got it done.

Not 1. But, two franchise players.

Goodness

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job Philly. JJ Reddick deserves the series award

Glad you mentioned it. It had me thinking, but if it weren't for his production, this series could've had a different result. His 3-pointers definitely were deflating.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no luck involved. It was a very methodical, long-term-investment-based approach.

He missed on several lottery picks, but hit on several. He said all along this would be the likely pattern. His whole strategy was, amass enough draft capital and you can probably hit on a few franchise cornerstones to build around. He didn't even get lucky in the lottery--he landed the top pick only once. It was a pure numbers game he played and it worked.

The real issue is you have to have an ownership and fan base willing to tank to make this work. It's hard to do. The Sixers are owned by a hedge fund investor. The guy made his fortune doing things like this.

The other issue, which I doubted at the time but is starting to ring true, is that it was probably wise to fire Hinkie and bring in a guy like Colangelo once the process was more than halfway done, and the focus turned to winning.

That's because Colangelo was more plugged in to the NBA fraternity and better able to maneuver and do things like signing Ilyasova and Bellineli to contracts mid season. That is turning out to be enormous in this postseason run.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you mentioned it. It had me thinking, but if it weren't for his production, this series could've had a different result. His 3-pointers definitely were deflating.

Yeah I am intrigued to see what kind of deal he gets next year and where. I read a article on how he has been trying to teach Simmons how to shoot the ball and mentioned he may need to switch his shot in order to be multidimensional

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am intrigued to see what kind of deal he gets next year and where. I read a article on how he has been trying to teach Simmons how to shoot the ball and mentioned he may need to switch his shot in order to be multidimensional

I'd love to see Reddick take a bit of a discount to stay with the Sixers. If he sticks with them the next 3-4 years, he *should* get a ring.