• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6/5 GDT Freak @ PAAAdres

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have a certain fondness for homegrown players myself. Especially starting pitchers who can rake it. Between Hennessey and Lowry I thought we were onto something back then. I can't blame cazic for that.

I blame him for other things like 40 shutouts and JT O'Sullivan and a bunch of other crap that thankfully I can't remember. Kinda sucks that such a douchebag is wasting any minimal space in my memory at all. Fuck that guy for being.

I never had a real problem with Cazic. I like my home grown players too, plus always default to the younger player over the older one, which cazic did as well - I think. That said, cazic was a piece of work, with way too many issues that interfered with rational discussion to list here. I simply chose to have limited interaction with him, so I was a highly entertained spectator to you guys regularly pwning him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don't. They have a nice, new stadium and STILL can't fill it. Even in 2010 when they went to the last day of the season in contention they couldn't fill it.
2009 -- 20th in average capacity.
2010 -- 18th in average capacity
2011 -- 17th in average capacity.

Pathetic. About 40% of the seats go unsold. 42,500 seat stadium and more than 17,000 unsold tickets on average.

They do NOT deserve better, the park isn't even a decade old.

:closed_2:

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to USA Today the Padres have the lowest payroll in baseball at $55,244,700. The A's are second at 55,372,500.

So like I said the Padres have the LOWEST payroll in baseball.

According to ESPN.com, the padres payroll is 55,871,900 and the A's is 49,137,500.

San Francisco Giants 2012 Player Salaries and Team Payroll - ESPN

My guess is that USA Today is attributing all of Brandon Inge's full salary to the A's, when the A's are only paying major league minimum (the Tigers are paying the rest of his guaranteed contract because they released him). That's my wild-ass guess since the difference is almost exactly $5M.