• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6/2 GDT Chubs @ Giants

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MadBum throws left, hits right.

Yeah, odd.

I know Timmy does the oppo thing, too. I just forgot seeing Huff do it, too. (trying to supress all memory of Huff's play lately)

I would think as a 1B, he would want to keep the advantage of being a lefty
!I just remembered the story of him switching to batting lefty as a kid and that he's a natural righty.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"I held it like an egg."

"Yeah, well he just scrambled the son-of-bitch."

I'd rep you for the Bull Durham quote, but apparently I like you more than I like most other posters and the SportsHoopla server is jealous.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rep you for the Bull Durham quote, but apparently I like you more than I like most other posters and the SportsHoopla server is jealous.

It's all good. How are the kids this fine Saturday, Cam?

I am dealing with deep shat at the moment. Our sewer line is clogged, and all sorts of unspeakable stuff has backed up into the tub. Waiting for the plumber. :L

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's all good. How are the kids this fine Saturday, Cam?

I am dealing with deep shat at the moment. Our sewer line is clogged, and all sorts of unspeakable stuff has backed up into the tub. Waiting for the plumber. :L

Yuck. Sewer backups are the worst.

The kids are winning. The boy's team played short-handed today and still won 6-2. He scored once. The girl's team won 3-0. I got sunburned.

I sent them out to Barnes and Noble to buy books and I am sitting here on my iPad enjoying the quiet and watching the game.

Nice hit Craw!

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't care if Lasorda is doing good work with Milken fighting prostate cancer. When I see him, I want to boo.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On June 4, 1976, Mets slugger Dave Kingman belted three home runs and had eight RBIs in a rout of the Dodgers. After the game, Associated Press radio stringer Paul Olden found himself in the wrong place with the wrong question for L.A. skipper Tommy Lasorda. (Transcript taken from Dodgersblues.com)

Paul Olden: What's your opinion of Kingman's performance?

Tommy Lasorda: What's my opinion of Kingman's performance!? What the BLEEP do you think is my opinion of it? I think it was BLEEPING BLEEP. Put that in, I don't give a BLEEP. Opinion of his performance!!? BLEEP, he beat us with three BLEEPING home runs! What the BLEEP do you mean, "What is my opinion of his performance?" How could you ask me a question like that, "What is my opinion of his performance?" BLEEP, he hit three home runs! BLEEP. I'm BLEEPING pissed off to lose that BLEEPING game. And you ask me my opinion of his performance! BLEEP. That's a tough question to ask me, isn't it? "What is my opinion of his performance?"

PO: Yes, it is. I asked it, and you gave me an answer...

TL: Well, I didn't give you a good answer because I'm mad, but I mean ...

PO: Well, it wasn't a good question ...

TL: That's a tough question to ask me right now, "What is my opinion of his performance?" I mean, you want me to tell you what my opinion of his performance is ...

PO: You just did ...

TL: That's right. BLEEP. Guy hits three home runs against us. BLEEP.

Postscript: Olden went on to broadcast games for several pro teams, including the Jets and Devil Rays, and is the P.A. announcer for the Super Bowl. Lasorda's Kingman tirade is still a favorite clip of smart-alecky radio guys around the country.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought for sure Cain would put Soriano on after falling behind. He stood tall again and keeps the deficit at 1

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riot been hitting the ball hard lately, good job with the single

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawdad not getting a pitch to hit. Here's hoping for a PB or a WP.

2-2 count, but still hasn't seen a strike.

OK, so strike 2 was a strike.

K's on backfoot slider. :L

Still, got a two run inning to take the lead. Now a shut down inning, please.

Last edited by a moderator: