• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

59-60 to 99-00 NBA 10 Ineligible Draft : CHAT

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REGGIE MILLER

At least in these drafts for sure. Dude is the most overrated player in these NBA drafts.

I agree and almost put him on my list. One of the greatest shooters of all-time and clutch the only reason I was hesitant. But in these mock specifically, very overrated

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peja
Jordan
Magic
Wilt
Kareem
Bird
Lebron
Russell
Duncan
Shaq
Oscar
Hakeem
Miller

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we take out the twelve guys that got the most votes and then draft straight up

Why don’t we take away guys with a vowel in their name and move on to NFL draft

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait? Reggie is in your top 12? Lolzz

You already gave it a rainbow. Yes it’s Miller or Ray Allen for 12 for me. Think the top 12 should include a all time great 3pt shooter. I also wanted to add Dirk on my list but couldn’t decide where.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a thought for an NBA draft, but I'm not sure how it fits into this one.

We do a 16 round NBA draft. Each GM will set out two lineups of 5 to play halves, so 10 players total for the matchup.

The catch here is that in each round, your opponent can select two of your players to remove them from your team. So once the matchups are posted, the opposing GM can select 2 players to remove them from your team. You cannot use them again moving forward once they are removed from your team in future matchups.

So in the play-ins, you'd have 2 players removed, QF and Semi's you would have a total of 6 players removed, with 10 remaining to play the Semi's. The only catch is that in the championship and 3rd place matches, both gm's would have their full teams at their disposal for those matchups so all 16 players. This makes it so that the top tier players are relevant in this draft, but not so relevant in that they determine the winner from the start.

There would be no positional requirement for players, but GM's would need to draft pretty flexible teams and/or players with different skill sets to play different positions. Completely open draft.

This would make it so the best players aren't really relevant until the championship rounds, but still important overall in the draft. So not one's going to skip on taking the best players because they'll need to be drafted.

Thoughts?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already gave it a rainbow. Yes it’s Miller or Ray Allen for 12 for me. Think the top 12 should include a all time great 3pt shooter. I also wanted to add Dirk on my list but couldn’t decide where.

Steph already better than Reggie or Ray, if that's your metric. Just sayin....

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph already better than Reggie or Ray, if that's your metric. Just sayin....

Let’s see him continue and of course he will be in that conversation when he retires

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s see him continue and of course he will be in that conversation when he retires

But you said there should be an all-time great shooter in the top 12. Steph has already accomplished everything they have and more and he is already the best shooter of all-time and his offense is not one-dimensional either

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a thought for an NBA draft, but I'm not sure how it fits into this one.

We do a 16 round NBA draft. Each GM will set out two lineups of 5 to play halves, so 10 players total for the matchup.

The catch here is that in each round, your opponent can select two of your players to remove them from your team. So once the matchups are posted, the opposing GM can select 2 players to remove them from your team. You cannot use them again moving forward once they are removed from your team in future matchups.

So in the play-ins, you'd have 2 players removed, QF and Semi's you would have a total of 6 players removed, with 10 remaining to play the Semi's. The only catch is that in the championship and 3rd place matches, both gm's would have their full teams at their disposal for those matchups so all 16 players. This makes it so that the top tier players are relevant in this draft, but not so relevant in that they determine the winner from the start.

There would be no positional requirement for players, but GM's would need to draft pretty flexible teams and/or players with different skill sets to play different positions. Completely open draft.

This would make it so the best players aren't really relevant until the championship rounds, but still important overall in the draft. So not one's going to skip on taking the best players because they'll need to be drafted.

Thoughts?

The only problem with this is for people that have play-in’s. They will have less options bc one extra game. That could be the point bc it is harder to move on but if we 8 teams we wouldnt need play-in games. I like the idea though

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with this is for people that have play-in’s. They will have less options bc one extra game. That could be the point bc it is harder to move on but if we 8 teams we wouldnt need play-in games. I like the idea though

Yeah I actually hadn't considered that until you brought it up. Perhaps play-in games, you can remove 2 players, but the player pool resets for the QF. So each GM has 16 players again to start the QF's, but in that round each gm can remove up to 4 players for that round. The Semi's get an additional 2 removed.

Edit: Or the players from the play-ins stay removed, but the new challenger in the QF can only remove 2 players from the GM coming from the play-in game and the play-in GM can remove 4 players from the QF challenger.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so how about this:

16 round NBA Draft
No player position requirements
Open Draft
Two lineups of halves for 5 players each (totaling 10 players) each matchup.
Each round GM's will get to remove 2 players from the opposing GM's team that cannot be used in future matchups until the Championship/3rd Place games.

Play-in games, each GM gets to remove 2 players from opposing GM's team.
QF Games, Play-in Challenger gets to remove 4 players from QF Challenger. QF Challenger only gets to remove 2 players from Play-In GM's team.
Semi's, gm's can remove two more players from the opposing GM's team, leaving 10 remaining players.
Championship/3rd place games, teams are reset and each GM will have the full 16 players to decide who they want to play in the two halves.

Think this is much cleaner and avoids any advantage the QF team gets from the play-in teams.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reggie Miller only made the all-star team 5 times in his career and was All NBA 3x.

Ray Allen was a 10x all-star and had All NBA 2x.

Steph has been a 5x All star, 5x All NBA and 2x MVP. That's way more accomplished than any of those guys. He was also a scoring champion as well and the best player on a championship team (2015). If Steph retired tomorrow, he's still better than Reggie and Ray.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so how about this:

16 round NBA Draft
No player position requirements
Open Draft
Two lineups of halves for 5 players each (totaling 10 players) each matchup.
Each round GM's will get to remove 2 players from the opposing GM's team that cannot be used in future matchups until the Championship/3rd Place games.

Play-in games, each GM gets to remove 2 players from opposing GM's team.
QF Games, Play-in Challenger gets to remove 4 players from QF Challenger. QF Challenger only gets to remove 2 players from Play-In GM's team.
Semi's, gm's can remove two more players from the opposing GM's team, leaving 10 remaining players.
Championship/3rd place games, teams are reset and each GM will have the full 16 players to decide who they want to play in the two halves.

Think this is much cleaner and avoids any advantage the QF team gets from the play-in teams.

a little confused... do you eliminate the players BEFORE or AFTER the matchup??

Not a fan of AFTER, as there is no strategy in it...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Miller only made the all-star team 5 times in his career and was All NBA 3x.

Ray Allen was a 10x all-star and had All NBA 2x.

Steph has been a 5x All star, 5x All NBA and 2x MVP. That's way more accomplished than any of those guys. He was also a scoring champion as well and the best player on a championship team (2015). If Steph retired tomorrow, he's still better than Reggie and Ray.

agreed... but was that more enjoyable to post because you are a Warriors fan??

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little confused... do you eliminate the players BEFORE or AFTER the matchup??

Not a fan of AFTER, as there is no strategy in it...

You do it after the matchup has been assigned, but before the voting. So say you and I were paired up. We'd have our rosters and you'd select two of my players to be removed and I would select two of yours. From there we would then post our lineups and people would vote on it. There's lots of strategy involved in who you select to be removed. It may not always be the best players.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Allen and Reggie Miller get so much love in these drafts because they are guys you have to account for defensively, especially since they aren’t standing around set shooters... they are very dangerous in that players get lost when guarding them... I’d say they are undervalued in these drafts honestly... but strategy isn’t as highly dissected imo... they are huge weapons in real life as well for the same reason, however they aren’t nor should they be in any top 10/15 talks... they are specific weapons that can make certain weapons more deadly, but as a focal point of the offense not even close... Steph is another level altogether... he’s dangerous in so many ways it’s not even fair that he can shoot on the run, from half court... he’s unbelievable...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi your Giants need to pull out the upset vs Arizona... that would be awesome!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi your Giants need to pull out the upset vs Arizona... that would be awesome!

I would love it if they could. Still an outside chance at the division but I wouldn't bet a penny on it.