• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5-tool Cuban OF'er declared a FA by MLB

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit I was wrong on Melky, but I still think that Fielder >>>>>>> Belt, Huff, Pill and anyone else who lines up there for the next four years. I want another World Series and I want it NOW. I don't want to watch another 20 years of Giants management just hoping to get to the playoffs and waiting for the magic to start.

Well yeah Fielder is >> our current pupu platter at 1B, but that contract is all fucked up and you're basically saying 'spend all money now, buy us another ring, then go ahead and suck for a while under a bunch of shitty contracts'. Or maybe it's 'man I wish I rooted for a team that didn't care how much they spent'.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit I was wrong on Melky, but I still think that Fielder >>>>>>> Belt, Huff, Pill and anyone else who lines up there for the next four years. I want another World Series and I want it NOW. I don't want to watch another 20 years of Giants management just hoping to get to the playoffs and waiting for the magic to start.

So are you saying you would take Prince with his current contract?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well yeah Fielder is >> our current pupu platter at 1B, but that contract is all fucked up and you're basically saying 'spend all money now, buy us another ring, then go ahead and suck for a while under a bunch of shitty contracts'. Or maybe it's 'man I wish I rooted for a team that didn't care how much they spent'.

To be fair, even I wasn't hinting at $215 million. That is crazy even by my standards. What bothers me is that they didn't even show an interest in ANY FA bats this offseason. They made almost no attempt to re-sign Beltran (according to Beltran). They made no inquiries to any of the other top bats, and Giants brass seemed to be content going into 2012 with Punch-and-Judy hitters dotting the lineup.

While I would love a hitter like Fielder, I know that $215 was too much for him. But $36 mil over 4 years is NOT the same. And if the Giants won't even show the stones to go after a kid who has all 5 tools, what am I supposed to think - as a fan- that they are going to do to solve their lack of power in the future?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, even I wasn't hinting at $215 million. That is crazy even by my standards. What bothers me is that they didn't even show an interest in ANY FA bats this offseason. They made almost no attempt to re-sign Beltran (according to Beltran). They made no inquiries to any of the other top bats, and Giants brass seemed to be content going into 2012 with Punch-and-Judy hitters dotting the lineup.

While I would love a hitter like Fielder, I know that $215 was too much for him. But $36 mil over 4 years is NOT the same. And if the Giants won't even show the stones to go after a kid who has all 5 tools, what am I supposed to think - as a fan- that they are going to do to solve their lack of power in the future?

You know bugging SabeySabes phone is illegal. You really should not admit to spying on them like this...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SF Giants have SIX home runs at home this year. They have 86 total RBIs. The team is hitting .256/.319/.349 with a stupendous .668 OPS. The team's K/BB ration of 188/81 suggest a power-hitting team. The stats contradict that idea. The 1986 St. Louis Cardinals laugh at those numbers.

Anyone who studies numbers for any length of time has to know that the Giants cannot continue to win putting up those kinds of numbers.

While I will give in to those who say that Soler is not going to be ready next season, SOMETHING has to be done.

I quote Ferris Bueller's father: Look, we know you have the money. We just have to spend it."

What if that "something" is Panda returning and raking, Belt putting it together and Riot anchoring the keystone?

Something like this:
Panda 320/370/525
Belt 275/390/450
Riot 290/350/370

Bottom line: there isn't really anything to be done until July anyway.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that was on the Giants. They had the Pagan and Melky deals working and Beltran wanted to wait and test the market. If you could have known that Beltran would sign for 2/26, with the Giants, in DECEMBER, then you could say SabeySabes screwed up. But, he wasn't going to sign for that, in DECEMBER, with the Giants. So, Sabes made the deals that he knew would make the team better instead of waiting on Beltran to either a)get outbid or b)overpay.

Second, you have no idea what SabeySabes did or did not inquire about. You really don't. Just because you haven't read Shulman or Haft or Law say "insiders are saying that Sabean called..." doesn't mean he wasn't doing exactly that. Further, you don't know if Sabes is RIGHT NOW talking to this kid's agent. You just don't know.

And making statements that you do makes you look foolish. And I happen to know that you're NOT foolish.

:arg:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have an interesting first base 'problem'.

Since we have Posey catching and don't want his off days to mean he isn't in the lineup at all (most of those times), then if we had a huge (in many ways) and expensive stud at 1B like Fielder, how would that work? Would Posey simply not play every fifth game? Or would Fielder?