• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 prospects in the Keith Law's top 100

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies land 5 in Keith Law's Top 100 prospects

Not bad considering 4 of them are new acquisitions. Good thing they finally pulled the trigger on some trades last year. Interesting that they think Appel is ready to step into a major league rotation right now. Also, I like the thing Law said about JP Crawford jogging on ground balls. We've been looking for the next Jimmy Rollins---it looks like we've found him! Seriously though Crawford actually looks like he'll have better plate discipline than Rollins (but maybe not the power). Then again Rollins actually had a great major league career and Crawford hasn't been to triple A yet so we'll see.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see us competing in 2017 if 2 of those 5 guys produce up here like they've produced in the minors

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would think the plan would be 2016 get some experience and hopefully a couple guys stick with the big league club, then 2017 take a step forward and start winning some more games, then 2018 be legitimately back in the hunt. Crawford and Franco are important because they could both be above average offensively at their positions (and Crawford is supposedly a wizard on defense). Then hopefully they can develop 4 or 5 solid major league pitchers. (Like Nola, Appel, Thompson, Eickhart ?, plus possibly that no.1 draft pick for this year). The way they are going now the payroll in 2018 will be nothing and you can always go to free agency for the "ace" and pony up for a couple years of an outfield bat (whoever the 2018 version of Nelson Cruz or Raul Ibanez is).

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like were right back in the early 2000s. Except were missing some better players. In 2017 we should be above .500 if things go well.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like were right back in the early 2000s. Except were missing some better players. In 2017 we should be above .500 if things go well.
Yeah, they are short a Burrell and an Abreu at the moment, but I'm predicting a rookie of the year season from either Altherr or Tyler Goeddel. If they are going to keep Goeddel on the roster all year I'd really rather see him starting than Cody Asche. He hasn't been spectacular in the minors but he's got speed and plate discipline and he is only getting better. I think he's about the same age as Herrera and Herrera never did anything in the minors either but he adjusted to the majors just fine.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they are short a Burrell and an Abreu at the moment, but I'm predicting a rookie of the year season from either Altherr or Tyler Goeddel. If they are going to keep Goeddel on the roster all year I'd really rather see him starting than Cody Asche. He hasn't been spectacular in the minors but he's got speed and plate discipline and he is only getting better. I think he's about the same age as Herrera and Herrera never did anything in the minors either but he adjusted to the majors just fine.
Yeah, I will be really disappointed if Asche gets 200 PA